Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1.6 billion rounds, 2500 mraps..... and this

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I feel it is highly likely that he does wish to kick doors and violate rights, all under the color of law of course.....

Yeah, but you're known to be a bit of a paranoid kook

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

556 & Krup,

I actually feel sorry for you. I really do.

It must be a miserable life for you when you're terrified of everything and everyone. Our country has survived the British, the Germans, Italians, Japanese the Soviets, the Chinese. We've survived a civil war, FDR, Ike, Carter, Klinton and GHW Bush. We've survived floods, hurricanes, droughts, depressions and the dust bowl.

We'll survive Obummer, and Alex Jones.

If you choose to shit your pants with fear every time the news comes on, I feel sorry for you. I will continue to enjoy life in a free country. And I will survive all of your ignorance, bigotry and name calling.
    If you don't like cops, the next time you need help, call a dope smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post

How about a little "context"?

Here's the speech...

Obama, July 2, Colorado Springs, CO: [As] president I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots [from 75,000] and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose.

People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer. So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We’ll call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families. And we’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
    We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up.

It's pretty obvious he's talking about volunteerism and things like AmeriCorp, Peace corp, Meals on Wheels, etc. Not so much Nazi brownshirts walking around imposing order on behalf of the Furor.

It's this kind of crap that really kills me about you and some others here. A two minute search shows just how badly out of context that quote is, yet not just do you automatically trust is as being in context, you automatically jump to the worst possible context it could be. I'm not sure if it's just laziness in your part, your personally level of gullibility, knee jerk hatred of "those people" (whoever you may think they are), or intentional deceit.

Don't read too much into it, I'm a bit of a fast, but lazy, typer. Half the time I don't capitalize Jewish. If anything, it's a slight sign of respect, I'd rather make sure to give the other guy his props, like Republican or Christian, then worry about the ones people associate with me, like Democrat (which I'm not technically) or Jewish (which I am)
    Now the word props.
    Demean and deflect.
    These are techniques.

Used by many.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Garrett View Post
    556 & Krup,

It must be a miserable life for you when you're terrified of everything and everyone. Our country has survived the British, the Germans, Italians, Japanese the Soviets, the Chinese. We've survived a civil war, FDR, Ike, Carter, Klinton and GHW Bush. We've survived floods, hurricanes, droughts, depressions and the dust bowl.

If you choose to shit your pants with fear every time the news comes on, I feel sorry for you. I will continue to enjoy life in a free country. And I will survive all of your ignorance, bigotry and name calling.
    This country has never been involved in a civil war.
    You told one earlier to look up treason, I suggest you look up civil war.
    As you continue to enjoy your life, why are you so concerned about this ignorant, bigoted name calling conversation?
    Makes me scratch my head.
    Of course we have been warned for generations, if America was to fall it would be from within.
    Also Remember the things you quote as surviving, most just ran their course. Just asking, how did we survive the Germans, Italians and Nippon's?
    Last edited by l921428x; 03-25-2014 at 05:30 PM.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I seem to remember reading about one in history class growing up...middle of the 19th century...what did they call that again?

Oh right, it was "The Civil War"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

How about a little "context"?

Here's the speech...

It's pretty obvious he's talking about volunteerism and things like AmeriCorp, Peace corp, Meals on Wheels, etc. Not so much Nazi brownshirts walking around imposing order on behalf of the Furor.

It's this kind of crap that really kills me about you and some others here. A two minute search shows just how badly out of context that quote is, yet not just do you automatically trust is as being in context, you automatically jump to the worst possible context it could be. I'm not sure if it's just laziness in your part, your personally level of gullibility, knee jerk hatred of "those people" (whoever you may think they are), or intentional deceit.
    We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

You have a weak memory. Last leader to come up with a strong civilian force equal to their military was a Nazi with a funny little mustache under his nose. Nah, they'll never hurt us, it is for the greater good they said. We all know how that turned out now don't we. It resulted in about 7 million of your people being; shot, starved, gassed and incinerated. Drink the kool aid Kad.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 03-25-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post

You have a weak memory. Last leader to come up with a strong civilian force equal to their military was a Nazi with a funny little mustache under his nose. Nah, they'll never hurt us, it is for the greater good they said. We all know how that turned out now don't we. It resulted in about 7 million of your people being; shot, starved, gassed and incinerated. Drink the kool aid Kad.
    You just read the bolded part of the speech didn't you? It's obvious he wasn't talking about a "military force" so much as large groups of citizens willing to donate their time to improve the country.

The "call to arms" was a call to service as can be easily seen in the rest of the speech, the part directly after that quote.

We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up.

You told one earlier to look up treason, I suggest you look up civil war.
    As you continue to enjoy your life, why are you so concerned about this ignorant, bigoted name calling conversation?
    Makes me scratch my head.
    Of course we have been warned for generations, if America was to fall it would be from within.
    Also Remember the things you quote as surviving, most just ran their course. Just asking, how did we survive the Germans, Italians and Nippon's?
    UHHHH... I know some on the losing side called it Lincoln's war of aggression. Whatever. We survived it.
    We survived WW1 and WW2. And I would advise you not to tell the descendants of those who didn't make it home from Europe and the Pacific that "it just ran it's course." They just might take it as an insult when their fathers, uncles, grandfathers died on the battlefield for the survival of this country. One of my uncles is buried in France.

And we have been warned for generations about falling from within. And these warnings came from....... A Prophet of God, perhaps? A politician?
    honestly, I can't really predict the future with any reliability, and I really question those who say they can.
    Last edited by Pat Garrett; 03-25-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    If you don't like cops, the next time you need help, call a dope smoker.

floods hurricanes tornados dust bowl depression droughts blah blah blah ran their course. germans italians japanese we Stomped their fuckings asses. you don't get it.
    iam sorry you have kin buried in france but we stomped their asses. they started it we finished it.
    A civil is a war where 2(two) or more factions are fighting for control of a single(1) government Kadmos. The reason you read it that way is because to the victor go the spoils.
    The Southern Confederacy was a separate Government. A separate country, until beaten down and still payin for it.
    Don't be so goddamn condescending.
    Either one of you.
    You might not be able to predict history, but if you are a student you can see a pattern.
    As far as the future? Where is yours headed or do you question that person also?
    Hey this is real. I guess this is just some of that damn he might be stupid stuff...
    Last edited by l921428x; 03-26-2014 at 04:13 AM.

be the heat..

Oh and Pat. Just a word. I also had family that did not come home from The war between the States, Europe, Pacific, Korea and a couple of guys I knew that went to Vietnam.
    Just to let you know you are not the only one.

be the heat..

Well he may damn well be right. I don't know but I read what I want, I was being cynical about how certain sources
    are just dismissed off hand. It was tongue in cheek humor.

Sorry. I didn't get that your post was humor.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

.......Not to mention of course the amount of guns around here, and the fact that many of our citizens would probably be thrilled at the idea of having a valid reason to shoot at cops.....
    I hate to say this, but your true colors were just revealed very clearly to me.

Real gun owners such as the members of this board are law abiding, peaceful people. They shoot for fun and some shoot for food (hunting).

I'm sure that I speak for all of us when I say we pray to God that we NEVER, EVER have to use our weapons against another person, and those who unfortunately had to did so either as a last resort self defense act or as legal, valid military service.

Only the anti-gun zealots think we're "itching to pop someone" (or, said as you said it, "many of our citizens would probably be thrilled at the idea of having a valid reason to shoot at cops").

For so many years I've stuck up for you and your right to your own opinion. But I think I was wrong. Honestly, if the "SHTF" I seriously doubt that I could trust you at my side......

Why do you capitalize Republican and not democrat? Is there a significance in the way you write things?
    It's a subtle(?) sign of disrespect. Respect is earned, not conferred... and IMHO democrats have little reason to be respected. Of course, the same holds true for republicans.

As far as the President (title capitalized, not the person), lots of us type "0bama" using the number zero for the "O". That avoids the need to capitalize and also shows how much respect he's earned (zero).

In the 1960's, NASA spent millions on "what if" sessions, then solved each problem and stored the data away in a "library".

Spending money on the solution to foolish worries such as "What if the service module loses power during trans-lunar coast?" earned them a reputation of being "pessimists".

And it also saved the lives of the three Apollo 13 astronauts.

What you call a "paranoid kook" others would call "an open minded and concerned person".

That same person would consider you an ostrich with his head "safely" buried in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Garrett View Post
    556 & Krup,

Concern and fear are two different things. A dictionary can be your friend. Here, let me help... just click either link (or both - recommended):

Fear

Concern

As far as "ignorance, bigotry and name calling", most of it seems to be coming from you.

You equate a paramilitary group "that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" with "Meals On Wheels"?

The "Sturm Abteilung" (literally "storm unit" or "storm troops"), or the S.A. (Nazi "brownshirts") were a paramilitary group. Tell you what... they didn't distribute hot meals to the elderly.....

Oh, and the "Furor" ( ) I'm sure you meant "Fuehrer" did away with them. He preferred the "blackshirts" (the Schutzstaffel, or S.S. , literally "Protection Squad"). They didn't distribute hot meals to the elderly either.

I seem to remember reading about one in history class growing up...middle of the 19th century...what did they call that again?

Oh right, it was "The Civil War"
    The War of Northern Aggression. Typical feds. Shoving what THEY want down everyone's throat.

You just read the bolded part of the speech didn't you? It's obvious he wasn't talking about a "military force" so much as large groups of citizens willing to donate their time to improve the country.

The "call to arms" was a call to service as can be easily seen in the rest of the speech, the part directly after that quote.

How about you read the parts YOU bolded:

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos
    We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

I suspect you are a federal V-Leute.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast