Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I carry open...weekly event at local Walmart.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    I'd have to veto open carry as well. What would stop a determined predator, upon seeing your gun, simply walk up on you and pop you in the head? Or, concealed carry and him/them not realizing you are armed and maybe you have a chance.
    Yeah, I just don't think open carry is the smartest way to go. I carry concealed and to my knowledge over these past 6 years no one has noticed. I don't want to be like the bank guard, the first fucker they take out.
    Returns June 3rd.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Yeah, I just don't think open carry is the smartest way to go. I carry concealed and to my knowledge over these past 6 years no one has noticed. I don't want to be like the bank guard, the first fucker they take out.
    You know I never really thought about it that way...but that does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    You know I never really thought about it that way...but that does make sense.
    Really? You have never thought of someone just walking up behind you and sticking a handgun in your neck and saying give me that piece or I will take it?
    Do you use a retention holster?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Really? You have never thought of someone just walking up behind you and sticking a handgun in your neck and saying give me that piece or I will take it?
    You bring up another point. Pay attention to where you are at. working in prison learned me that one.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    My ex-step dad carried open for years and never had an issue.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

I worked in the pen for five years and never got punched until the day I got punched.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

The only reason I like the idea of open carry; is so that I have the option to take off my sport coat should the need arise.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    The only reason I like the idea of open carry; is so that I have the option to take off my sport coat should the need arise.
    That is a good point. Except in restaurants that serve alcohol. (Depending on what state you live in.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12