Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoke em if ya got em.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Smoke em if ya got em.

I'm going to imbibe in a Partagas short, and a glass of Buffalo Trace.

You?
    Returns June 3rd.

How did that work out? I was lights out by 2100.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    How did that work out? I was lights out by 2100.
    Pretty decent. These shorts could use some humidor time, but all in all pretty good.
    Returns June 3rd.

I was out and about today. I picked up some Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake at a brick and mortar tobacco shop. Good reviews online. Smells amazing in the bag.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/...bullseye-flake

I was out and about today. I picked up some Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake at a brick and mortar tobacco shop. Good reviews online. Smells amazing in the bag.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/...bullseye-flake
    Is it rolled into a tube shape? Whats that about?

Sounds tasty tho.
    Returns June 3rd.

They are "coins". Rolled and sliced thin. You can rub them out or just fold and stuff. I've had one other pipe tobacco like this called Escudo Navy Deluxe. That is actually what I wanted to buy today but they were out. This is pretty damn good and le$$. The Bulleit rye is going very well with this one.

They are "coins". Rolled and sliced thin. You can rub them out or just fold and stuff. I've had one other pipe tobacco like this called Escudo Navy Deluxe. That is actually what I wanted to buy today but they were out. This is pretty damn good and le$$. The Bulleit rye is going very well with this one.
    Nice. I'm thinking of tearing into the High West double rye I got the other day.

The Bulleit rye is awesome, I like it better than their bourbon and I really like their bourbon.

I might just order some of this pipe tobacco and give it a spin. I'm trying really, really hard not to place a cigar order, I've got two boxes in my shopping cart that I'd really like to have. The temptation is making my hands shake and I have sweat on my brow.
    Returns June 3rd.

You need some "momma don't know money".

You need some "momma don't know money".
    No kidding. I used to have my own accounts when I was running Summit. But when I packed it in I saw no reason for them any longer. Not smart.

I'm telling you, I've got a box of Siglio IV's and a box of H. Uppman #2's picked out and I know they'll be good. I'm probably going to get them, even if it costs me a new couch or what the fuck ever.
    Returns June 3rd.

Fuck it, went ahead and ordered the smokes. Yikes, this High West rye, is not very good. I'm kind of pissed. I was had!
    Returns June 3rd.

You guys gonna make me go buy a pipe now too? Jeez...

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Oh c'mon, quit with the whining. Look at it this way, pipe tobacco is way cheaper than cigars, tho in my experience learning to smoke a pipe and actually enjoy it, takes longer than with cigars.
    Returns June 3rd.

I'll need a really long pipe (that's what she said) so I don't light my beard on fire. Already had a few close calls with the cigars.

I'll need a really long pipe (that's what she said) so I don't light my beard on fire. Already had a few close calls with the cigars.
    Yeah, you're kinda right, I wear a beard but keep it cropped close. Setting my face on fire is not a dream or anything.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    No kidding. I used to have my own accounts when I was running Summit. But when I packed it in I saw no reason for them any longer. Not smart.

I'm telling you, I've got a box of Siglio IV's and a box of H. Uppman #2's picked out and I know they'll be good. I'm probably going to get them, even if it costs me a new couch or what the fuck ever.
    Pair of shoes or a handbag.
    Do it!

Pair of shoes or a handbag.

Do it!
    Yeah, those damned Coach bags, WTH?
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Thumbs up

Well, it's like summer showed up today here.

Put on a pair of old cargo shorts & a t-shirt & walked into the village I live by. Hit my local tobacco vendor & thought I would look for something I haven't tried before . Walked out w/ several sticks to try & fired up a Gispert hand-rolled cigar while sitting on the patio w/ a beverage. For a 6 buck smoke I couldn't believe how good it was. Perfect burn, nice easy draw w/ an even solid ash all the way to the end. Hints of cedar & perhaps vanilla. For some reason I thought this would be very good w/ a nice red bordeaux or cabernet wine and maybe a well-grilled steak. It really surprised me that I had never heard of the brand before considering how tasty it was, like a poor man's Cuban I guess. They come in both connecticut & maduro Ecudoran wrappers, with Honduran filler. Might be a good new "go to" cigar for me.

Well back now to cleaning out the garage & doing spring cleanup in the yard, duty calls.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Well, it's like summer showed up today here.

Put on a pair of old cargo shorts & a t-shirt & walked into the village I live by. Hit my local tobacco vendor & thought I would look for something I haven't tried before . Walked out w/ several sticks to try & fired up a Gispert hand-rolled cigar while sitting on the patio w/ a beverage. For a 6 buck smoke I couldn't believe how good it was. Perfect burn, nice easy draw w/ an even solid ash all the way to the end. Hints of cedar & perhaps vanilla. For some reason I thought this would be very good w/ a nice red bordeaux or cabernet wine and maybe a well-grilled steak. It really surprised me that I had never heard of the brand before considering how tasty it was, like a poor man's Cuban I guess. They come in both connecticut & maduro Ecudoran wrappers, with Honduran filler. Might be a good new "go to" cigar for me.

Well back now to cleaning out the garage & doing spring cleanup in the yard, duty calls.
    Oh yeah. I've bought a few boxes of the Gispert Churchills. They're good, an under rated smoke in my opinion.
    Returns June 3rd.

I've heard of them, but never tried one. I'll check next time I stop at the smokey treat shop.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Seriously, for the $$$ I think it's a damn nice smoke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast