Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being against voter fraud is un-American.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Being against voter fraud is un-American.

Thats what the queer, commie kenyon said.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire...a2f84228ed93b3
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Thats what the queer, commie kenyon said.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire...a2f84228ed93b3
    I guess 80 percent of Americans must be un-American by his definition.
    If you don't like cops, the next time you need help, call a dope smoker.

That is what a lot of people have been screaming from the rafters.
    We are un American according to these.................................pick a word, any you like.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    That is what a lot of people have been screaming from the rafters.
    We are un American according to these.................................pick a word, any you like.
    But yet Holder couldn't be bothered prosecuting an obvious case of voter intimidation.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Voter fraud... Brought to you by the folks who changed "illegal aliens" to "undocumented immigrants"!

was_peacemaker
    Communist love any kind of fraud that manipulates the system. The more Obama and Holder talk the more I wonder if their real granddaddy isn't Leon Trotsky.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Communist love any kind of fraud that manipulates the system. The more Obama and Holder talk the more I wonder if their real granddaddy isn't Leon Trotsky.
    Both are dyed in the wool Bolsheviks.
    Returns June 3rd.

Could someone please explain to me how requiring ID disenfranchises voters?

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Ask Kadmos.

Actually its apparently too hard.
    Returns June 3rd.

I'm going to assume you are seriously asking and reply as such.

Millions of Americans don't have a photo ID. The bulk of them are of course children who can't vote anyway. But many others don't either. While there are things an ID is needed, it's actually quite easy to live without one.

My grandmother for instance lived in Philly before she passed about 10 years ago. She never drove. Therefore never needed a drivers license. Either her husband or son drove her places, or she walked the 3 blocks to the subway station. She did in fact have a photo ID, a passport, because she liked to travel out of the country. But not everyone can afford to do that. And she wouldn't have had one if not for that purpose. By the way, passports are relatively expensive, $30-130 dollars depending on what you get. She kept it locked up in a safe deposit box at the bank.

She didn't smoke, no need to prove age there. Only occasionally drank wine...lets just say during the time frame I knew her no one was going to ask for ID.

Her bank addressed her by name on sight.

It's fairly common in cities, if you don't plan to drive, then what's the point? The "other stuff" is generally easy to get around.

Granted, with free ID's in most states that pass voter ID laws cost becomes less of an issue. But there still may be costs involved in getting the documents to get the ID. You may have to send away to a different state to get your birth certificate, and there is usually a cost involved.

Also proving place of residence can be problematic. Some people are of course homeless, and others pay rent in cash, with utilities included, which doesn't leave much in the way of paper documentation.

And of course the offices to get the card may be inconveniently located, or have hours that are difficult to be present at.

I don't think it's the major hurdle the Democrat party makes it out to be, but the people most likely to not have ID's tend to live in cities, where they tend to more likely be democrats which is why the party has an issue with it.

I think thats bullshit. I worked in an extremely poor neighborhood and I only encountered 2 types of people that came back "no record found" when run for ID. Illegals and people who gave me a false name and DOB because they had warrants.

Everyone else had ID because they need it for all their govt handouts.

I think thats bullshit. I worked in an extremely poor neighborhood and I only encountered 2 types of people that came back "no record found" when run for ID. Illegals and people who gave me a false name and DOB because they had warrants.

Of course its bullshit, look where it came from.
    Returns June 3rd.

I suppose your mileage may vary. I know grandma was legal, not a criminal, and took no handouts.

It would depend greatly on where you were. On the east coast the subways are much more extensive. Not so much west of the Mississippi.

A quick search gave me this "15.3 percent of the U.S. population aged 18 to 39 now gets by without a drivers license"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...o-much-hassle/

37 percent said they were either too busy or didn't have the time to get a license.
    --32 percent said that owning and maintaining a vehicle was just too expensive.
    --31 percent said they could hitch a ride with someone else if needed.
    --22 percent said they'd rather walk or bike.
    --17 percent said they'd rather use public transportation.
    --9 percent said they were worried about driving's effects on the environment.
    --8 percent said they could work or communicate online.
    --7 percent cited disability or medical problems as their main reason.

Your Grandmother had ID. And you dont need a DL to have ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    I suppose your mileage may vary. I know grandma was legal, not a criminal, and took no handouts.

It would depend greatly on where you were. On the east coast the subways are much more extensive. Not so much west of the Mississippi.

A quick search gave me this "15.3 percent of the U.S. population aged 18 to 39 now gets by without a drivers license"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...o-much-hassle/
    Anyone too stupid to get an ID that allowed them to vote, doesn't need to be voting.
    Returns June 3rd.

Your Grandmother had ID. And you dont need a DL to have ID.
    She did. But it wasn't an ID that she carried around. Few people would want to carry around their passport inside the US. And as I said, if not for her desire, and ability to travel abroad, she likely wouldn't have had it.

A driver's license is the most common form of ID that most people carry in the US. If it wasn't required to drive, then many wouldn't bother to have ID at all

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    She did. But it wasn't an ID that she carried around. Few people would want to carry around their passport inside the US. And as I said, if not for her desire, and ability to travel abroad, she likely wouldn't have had it.

A driver's license is the most common form of ID that most people carry in the US. If it wasn't required to drive, then many wouldn't bother to have ID at all
    AFAIK ALL STATES offer State ID cards. Give us a break, Demo stooge. The fact you are so dead set against requiring people to prove they are who they say they are and prove they are citizens of the US and the State they are voting in speaks quite a bit for your parties need for fraud.

The Bill Of Rights assures my rights to own a firearm. But in order to buy and own one I must provide identification. I must agree to an FBI background check to verify my identification and picture ID. But, in order to elect the most powerful man in the world, I need not prove my citizen ship???

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
    The Bill Of Rights assures my rights to own a firearm. But in order to buy and own one I must provide identification. I must agree to an FBI background check to verify my identification and picture ID. But, in order to elect the most powerful man in the world, I need not prove my citizen ship???
    And add your name and purchase to the illegal list kadmos's friends are making.

How about voter coercion? Isn't that just as bad if not worse? I don't like fraud or coercion myself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast