Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta USA has announced they have started shipping the ARX100 !

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Looks good? Maybe, maybe not. I still think a good lookin rifle should be made from blued steel and walnut. As stated above I do think the Beretta is interesting. I don't have any firearm in 5.56x45 and have been looking for one. Up until this offering from Beretta the only "none AR style" I was considering was a Sig. To be perfectly honest I could probably cover my bases with a Mini-14 and get the wood and steel I like but that seems kind of mundane.
    I agree with you 100%... The best look on any firearm is blued steel and nice wood... no contest there.

But if we're talking the AR platform, I prefer the "old fashioned" look. I even built my son a retro "Vietnam" style AR-15 with a pencil barrel, M16E1 stock set, 3 prong flash hider, etc...

Actually, the AR is the one platform where (IMHO) wood does NOT look good........

(pic borrowed from arfcom)

(actually that doesn't look too bad.......)
    Last edited by Krupski; 06-14-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Garrett View Post
    I'll stick to the basic Colt LE 6920.

Sling, ACOG and extra magazines.

No laser light, floodlights, fore grips, drums, raccoon tails or mudflaps.
    Don't you want one like this?:

I'll bet Printerman could hook you up.........

(where's the cup holder?)

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I agree with you 100%... The best look on any firearm is blued steel and nice wood... no contest there.

But if we're talking the AR platform, I prefer the "old fashioned" look. I even built my son a retro "Vietnam" style AR-15 with a pencil barrel, M16E1 stock set, 3 prong flash hider, etc... looks just like this (except it has a "modern" lower with the fence around the mag release)

Krupski, that is a Colt SP-1, which is closest to a Colt 602 USAF rifle. An XM16-E1 will have a forward assist, a partial fence lower, a fully chromed BCG, early type C stock, as well as the three prong FH.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Garrett View Post
    ... raccoon tails or mudflaps.
    I knew I was missing something!

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Here it is fellas:

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I couldn't bring myself to give 2 grand for a piece of polymer. And the damn thing won't run on anything but standard GI MAGS??? That's bullshit
    What's up my nigga's

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Forgot to update that Beretta had their whole shipment at the NRA show, or at least it looked like it. Got to handle one, and since I was there when it was empty, got a personal demonstration of some of the things that set the ARX100 apart from the others, like left or right handed change over in a couple of seconds, now that was slick. Handled nice and pointed nicely.

Now if they would just get one to my local dealer.

And as for something that will only run STANAG mags, big deal. I have enough to equip a small army and still have enough for myself. Have not seen the need to spend money on the "latest and greatest" when the originals work just fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Forgot to update that Beretta had their whole shipment at the NRA show, or at least it looked like it. Got to handle one, and since I was there when it was empty, got a personal demonstration of some of the things that set the ARX100 apart from the others, like left or right handed change over in a couple of seconds, now that was slick. Handled nice and pointed nicely.

Now if they would just get one to my local dealer.

And as for something that will only run STANAG mags, big deal. I have enough to equip a small army and still have enough for myself. Have not seen the need to spend money on the "latest and greatest" when the originals work just fine for me.
    I think I would rather go with the scar17 than the beretta. According to the video on the ARX100. The way he squeezed the mag well together like that I just couldn't risk my families nor mine or your life to it. And every gun I have has a place in my safe. But I do not see one for this rifle.
    What's up my nigga's

The weight is right but I don't care for the bulkiness of the rifle. The ambi features seem well thought out though the charging handle seems fairly small.

I've already got enough 5.56 guns though. My biggest interest in this design is if they follow through on the advertised support of the Russian calibers and mags. I have been waiting almost a decade for a modern rifle that is chambered in the eastern calibers and takes the eastern bloc mags while allowing modern ergos and optic mounting options.

The Masada/ACR dropped the ball. If the Beretta can pick it up I'll buy one. Otherwise it's just another fancy gun that does what's already been done.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Well my 2 cents is .... POS! All the trick little features are just that, trick little features. IMO you can't hang the full success of a weapon on things that in then end are minor in scale.

What I see about it that are bad.
    1. As mentioned the wimpy magazine well area.
    2. Integral pistol grip. You can't change it out for one that fits people with a larger hand better.
    3. Does not accept anything but a GI metal magazine. These magazines have always been a weakness of the M16 design. Original intent was they'd be disposable, shoot em out once then let it drop.
    4. Top Pic rail attaches to polymer receiver. IMO unless there is an overmolded or some sort of steel insert for the bolts / screws to thread into this rail could break off if you hit an optic against an object that is attached to said rail. Especially in low temperatures when polymer becomes harder and loses impact resistance.
    (There is a reason why P-Mags are so sought after, they are THAT much better than a GI aluminum magazine. I see a lot of active duty personnel that equip themselves with P-Mags. I doubt they'd be spending their bucks on them if there wasn't a substantial improvement over GI issue).
    5. Price ... are you shitting me! $1995 bucks for an injection molded rifle. Should be $500 ish given the speed of manufacture involved.
    6. All plastic folding stock, plastic hinge, plastic everything. I can see it snapping off if you just fall on it wrong let alone trying to bash anyone in the face with it.
    7. Didn't see a bayonet lug, (probably because the barrel would break out of the receiver if you stabbed someone with the bayonet).

For the price you can set up 3 or 4 basic Car 15 / AR15 rifles. Granted they won't have Free Floated handguards with pic rails and all the high speed low drag accessories on them but hey, they will shoot and will have iron sights.

If everyone were to think like me they'd have zero sales. IMO an Epic design fail all in all.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkilla01 View Post
    I think I would rather go with the scar17 than the beretta. According to the video on the ARX100. The way he squeezed the mag well together like that I just couldn't risk my families nor mine or your life to it. And every gun I have has a place in my safe. But I do not see one for this rifle.
    I think you mean SAR 16, the 17 is in 7.62 NATO chambering.

what with the fishtail stocks on all this bullshit anymore???
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    what with the fishtail stocks on all this bullshit anymore???
    While the Beretta stock isn't that impressive, I'd rather have one of these fishtail stocks than the AR stocks that have managed to attach themselves to every rifle out there. The AR stock was a work-around of a design limitation. Guns without that limitation can benefit from better stocks. Putting an AR stock on a non-AR rifle is just lazy.

Putting an AR stock on a non-AR rifle is just lazy.

I blame tapco...
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I think you mean SAR 16, the 17 is in 7.62 NATO chambering.
    Nah that's what meant. We had a thread on it the other day. About it eating optics
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkilla01 View Post
    I couldn't bring myself to give 2 grand for a piece of polymer. And the damn thing won't run on anything but standard GI MAGS??? That's bullshit
    Why wouldn't it work with P-Mags or a Beta-C drum?

(nevermind - I watched the video).

That right there is a sale killer. I wouldn't buy one of those for $500... or even $300... if it only uses USGI mags. That's BS.
    Last edited by Krupski; 06-14-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Why wouldn't it work with P-Mags or a Beta-C drum?

(nevermind - I watched the video).

That right there is a sale killer. I wouldn't buy one of those for $500... or even $300... if it only uses USGI mags. That's BS.
    That gun is not on my bucket list
    What's up my nigga's

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Ok, so the million dollar question is, what is different between a P-mag and a standard GI mag that one locks in and the other doesn't? I don't own any mags other than the STANAG (USGI) so I have no way to compare.

Even the .22 Version is overkill on ergos.

I think I'll just wait for the ACE-21's again.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

If you watch the video at the bottom of the screen it does indeed work with other mags, Pmags included if they are not generation 3. The generation three have a ledge put on to prevent pushing the mag in to far that previous pmags did not, you could simply grind it off. Certain mags like the 60 rounder won't work. I like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tNh_...AmCEP-Tu6YliUQ
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 06-20-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast