Thread: New Buck 830 Marksman

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up New Buck 830 Marksman

Picked this up last Saturday from my dealer and I like it a lot. The 154CM BOS heat treated blade runs on a ball bearing pivot and is very smooth. The flipper deploys this thing like a bolt of lighting and lock up is rock solid. Once the blade is engaged and locked, for all intents and purposes you have a fixed blade knife. The SLS is even user adjustable. Should the lockup ever loosen over time you can readjust it back to factory spec. The low rider clip is pretty tight but the aluminum scales are not a pocket shredder like they would be if they were checkered G10.

Unlocking the SLS take a little getting used to. I find it works best the farther towards the front you push up. With just a little practice I'm closing it one handed without issue. BE WARNED! Once you unlock it the blade will swing down fast! Those ball bearings make for a pivot with virtually no resistance so keep you digits out of places they don't belong. As far as modern/tactical designs go this may very well be my favorite Buck.

Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-12-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Nice looking folder.
    I need to get me a better folder for edc, how much are those Bucks going for these days?

Going through my dealer with my BCCI discount it ran me $84 and change. The Knife Center is the only online dealer I know of that has it in stock. Their price is about $10 more than I paid but it does include shipping so not a bad price.

http://www.knifecenter.com/item/BU08...andles-0830bks
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Interesting knife.

Not my style but I'm sure its a quality piece.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Interesting knife.

Not my style but I'm sure its a quality piece.
    Perhaps this one is more your cup of tea?
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...867#post360867
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068