Thread: I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses.

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses.

Ridley Scott and Hampton Fancher in 'Blade Runner' sequel talks
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/17/30...ampton-fancher

Harrison Ford would be 'very anxious' to return for 'Blade Runner' sequel
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/13/56...blade-runner-2
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Blade Runner was a good flick.
    Returns June 3rd.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I LOVE Blade Runner.

Most of the edits anyway (there are five major versions of the film).

I always loved Edward James Olmos's character. "Its too bad she won't live... But then again, who does?" (Gaff is Deckard's "handler". He oversees Deckard and makes sure the replicant completes his job.)

Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 04-14-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Its odd to think that this was initially a flop.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

I once read a quote somewhere, "the easiest way to start a riot is to go into the sci-fi panel at Comic-con and announce that Blade Runner is overrated."
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    I once read a quote somewhere, "the easiest way to start a riot is to go into the sci-fi panel at Comic-con and announce that Blade Runner is overrated."
    Returns June 3rd.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    I made a point to buy this as my first Blu-Ray purchase.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Man That replicant was hot except for the smoking. I'd do a robot like that anytime! Great movie, think I'll go pull it out of the rack and watch it again(20+ times I'm sure). Would be great to see a second one!

I wonder what the plot line will be, especially since Ford is so decrepit now.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Man That replicant was hot except for the smoking. I'd do a robot like that anytime! Great movie, think I'll go pull it out of the rack and watch it again(20+ times I'm sure). Would be great to see a second one!
    Only thing that concerns me about a sequel is the long gap in between. Might be awkward tying the two story lines together. Dunno.
    Returns June 3rd.

NO! NO! NO! NO!

Did you see butchery he did to Alien with Prometheus? Mr. Scott has made some fantastic movies in the past, but he as clearly lost those skills. Please do not let him fuck with Blade Runner. Fuck.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomatic View Post
    NO! NO! NO! NO!

Did you see butchery he did to Alien with Prometheus? Mr. Scott has made some fantastic movies in the past, but he as clearly lost those skills. Please do not let him fuck with Blade Runner. Fuck.
    I really liked Prometheus. Yes it was cheesy and cliche but so is Alien.

Blade Runner is actually one of his more flawed films IMO and its box office record combined with the number of attempted re-edits evidences this IMO.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    She was a tasty morsel but NOT a robot. She was a human clone.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

Prometheus was a stupid movie. No team of astronauts is going to fly some shit load of light years to an alien planet, and then just start pulling off their helmets and picking up bugs and shit on the first day.

Sean Young from blade runner.

Last edited by miketx; 04-14-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    Prometheus was a stupid movie. No team of astronauts is going to fly some shit load of light years to an alien planet, and then just start pulling off their helmets and picking up bugs and shit on the first day.

Sean Young from blade runner.

I'd still fuck her if I wasn't married.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Only thing that concerns me about a sequel is the long gap in between. Might be awkward tying the two story lines together. Dunno.
    That might be true. Maybe it starts as a hunt for Harrison and that hot replicante when they're older? Fact is Hollywood has pretty much run out of ideas overall except to redo movies. Not that I'm complaining. I think the "prequel" of The Thing is damn good and the very first The thing considering the era was great! The remake of the first was fantastic!
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 04-14-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    She was a tasty morsel but NOT a robot. She was a human clone.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, ALWAYS with the negative waves! She only lives so long. Replicant
    Organic or mechanical?

Although the press kit released to the media for the film explicitly defined a replicant as, "A genetically engineered creature composed entirely of organic substance",[8] a question commonly posed is the physical make-up of the replicants themselves. In the opening crawl of the film, replicants are said to be the result of "advanced robot evolution." The crawl also states that they were created by "genetic engineers." Characters mention that they have eyes and brains like humans, and they are seen to bleed when injured (although they can take a lot more damage than humans can). The film explicitly shows that at least their eyes are created and stored separately, so there must be some "assembly" required. An alternative explanation could be that they are cyborgs, having both human and machine parts. That the (apparently) only way of telling a replicant from a human is to ask a series of questions and analyse emotional response would suggest they are entirely, or almost entirely, organic. If they had any significant level of non-organic parts then something as simple as an x-ray scan would show them not to be human (unless their creators designed the non-organic parts to have almost exactly the same structure and density as the organic components they were replacing, which would be both infeasible and highly improbable but not completely out of the question).

The original novel makes mention of the biological components of the androids, but also alludes to the mechanical aspects commonly found in other material relating to robots.

In May 2012, Ridley Scott confirmed that the replicants were biological in nature, and contrasted them to the androids in the Alien series. "Roy Batty was an evolved... He wasn't an engine. If I cut him open, there wasn't metal, he was grown... and then within twenty years you get the first bill not passed in the Senate where they applied for replication of animals, sheep and goats and cattle and animals and they turned it down, but if you can do that, then you can do human beings. If you go deeper into it and say 'Yeah, but if you are going to grow a human being, does he start that big and I've got to see him through everything?' I don't want to answer the question, because of course he does... Ash in Alien had nothing to do with Roy Batty, because Roy Batty is more humanoid, whereas Ash was more metal".[9]