Thread: Semi auto FG42 anyone...

Cool Semi auto FG42 anyone...

How cool is this!

http://smgguns.com/?page_id=99
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Looks good, but I'll pass.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I like it but need to read more. They said they are using M1A mags for the .308 version but said something about the ZB 26/30 mag for what I presume is the 8x57 version. Since I have about 1000 times for 8x57 than 7.62x51 I'd opt for the 8mm if I were getting one. Just don't have an extra $5K at the moment.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-14-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Didn't catch the M14 mag reference, did catch an image that showed an FAL Metric magazine in a mag well. They said they planned to offer it in .308 6 months after the release of the 8 mm rifles. Me, I'd opt for the .308 version if I had the 5k in disposable income. I got rid of all my 8 mm rifles and ammo in 2007.

IIRC they said there was a problem with FAL mags so they switched to M1A mags. I was shopping around and a ZB 26/30 mag runs any where from $65 to $80 depending on condition and if it's a Nazi marked WWII mag. Wish they could come up with a way to use a 75rd MG15 drum on it.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-14-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    IIRC they said there was a problem with FAL mags so they switched to M1A mags. I was shopping around and a VB 26/30 mag runs any where from $65 to $80 depending on condition and if it's a Nazi marked WWII mag. Wish they could come up with a way to use a 75rd MG15 drum on it.
    I like the way you think!!!
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I like the way you think!!!
    Thanks but I forgot this takes the mag from the side. Using that saddleback mag from an MG15 wouldn't work very well. Gotta be some cheaper mags to use than the ZB 26/30.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    IIRC they said there was a problem with FAL mags so they switched to M1A mags. I was shopping around and a ZB 26/30 mag runs any where from $65 to $80 depending on condition and if it's a Nazi marked WWII mag. Wish they could come up with a way to use a 75rd MG15 drum on it.
    Actually M14 mags would be ok there is Checkmate Industries making mil spec M14 mags that are being sold to the US military. Still, with 60 metric FAL mags or more it would of been nice if it took those.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

5 grand...
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I wonder if those new 50rd drums for MBR's would work in the .308 version....

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I wonder if those new 50rd drums for MBR's would work in the .308 version....
    I know on some of the drum mags it's just a matter or grafting one feed tower or another onto the drum. I bet there are folks on this board, Helen Keller comes to mind, that could by god make it work. It would just be kind of awkward having all the weight on one side of the rifle rather than on the bottom.

What I'd love to see is a modern version of the SVT-40 in a carbine length set up to take the 20rd Lahti mag.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068