Thread: OOW HCAR Large Marge has s new, slimmer sister

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Post OOW HCAR Large Marge has s new, slimmer sister

The receiver still looks a bit like the 1918A2 BAR.

http://static.ohioordnanceworks.com/hcar/

Additional info:

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/02/13...assault-rifle/
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-14-2014 at 05:08 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Very cool....I wonder how brutal the recoil/muzzle blast would be
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Thumbs up

If the receiver is the same as what they use for their 1918A3 SLR I'd like to get a couple of their "proprietary" 30rd mags for Large Marge. From what I've read there was a 40rd BAR mag made for use against aircraft when the BAR was installed in a pintle mount. The only one I've ever even seen was in a photo in the BAR book, "Rock in a Hard Place" by James Ballou. I've never seen one in person, in a collection or for sale. A 30rd wouldn't be too tall when using the bipod where a 40rd would be.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Very cool....I wonder how brutal the recoil/muzzle blast would be
    Near the end of the video he rapid fires several rounds and the rifle barely moves. I realize it would be a supply nightmare but I bet there are times when the folks in Afghanistan could use 30rds of 30.06 AP.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    If the receiver is the same as what they use for their 1918A3 SLR I'd like to get a couple of their "proprietary" 30rd mags for Large Marge. From what I've read there was a 40rd BAR mag made for use against aircraft when the BAR was installed in a pintle mount. The only one I've ever even seen was in a photo in the BAR book, "Rock in a Hard Place" by James Ballou. I've never seen one in person, in a collection or for sale. A 30rd wouldn't be too tall when using the bipod where a 40rd would be.

When I went to "The Knobber" back in '05, there was a guy who had 2 original 40rd mags for sale...I had no idea something like that even existed, so when I got home and looked 'em up, they were legit.

I wish I could remember what he was asking for 'em exactly...but it was such an absurd amount
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I think I've read or seen something about Clyde Barrow making a 40rd mag for his BAR's by welding two mags together but what would you do about a mag spring plus just welding one to the other would make for quite a kick/angle where the two mags meet.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

It's kinda like the legit factory HK made 30rd mags for the G3.....they exist, and they cost big bucks, but they are out there. You just have to know how to tell 'em all apart.

Now some current aftermarket G3 mags that are 40rds, work like a champ....so sometimes the aftermarket can produce results (IE...it actually works)

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Very interesting, but it won't be for any market than Civilian US gun owners. No military is going to select it in .30-06. They put it out in 7.62 NATO, then they might have a marketable rifle. Still if I had a bunch of loose cash I would consider getting 1 at least along with that FG42 in the other thread posted today.

I agree 06 sounds strange. what really made me scratch my head was them owning the mag design. seems they could really ding ya if they wanted.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I agree 06 sounds strange. what really made me scratch my head was them owning the mag design. seems they could really ding ya if they wanted.
    It isn't going to be a $10 buck mag no matter who makes it. 20 round BAR mags are big, that one is going to be BIGGER. I bet they go for $30 to $40 each.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 04-14-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    If it's the same receiver as on mine then it should take regular BAR mags in addition to their in house 30 rounder. Prices are a little higher then they used to be but you can still find like new BAR mags at a reasonable price.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

but what would you do about a mag spring
    framing wire or low temp solder.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

ok now I understand the mag thing, thought ya'll meant a new design.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    framing wire or low temp solder.
    clever sig line.

be the heat..