Thread: Tula Spam Cans....At Wall Mart!

Tula Spam Cans....At Wall Mart!

I have been working weird hours. I am off today. (Plus I am scheduled 70 hours this week.)

Had to run some errands and for shits and giggles run by the sporting goods dept. Low and behold. Shocked I see two spam cans of 7.62x39. 170.00 out the door. They had three of the .223 and three of the 7.62. What the heck. Bought one. Really surprised to see it there. Still have a good/great selection. But no .22.

It was the 648 rnd can. Came with an opener as well.

was_peacemaker
    Wow! I need to check the local Walmart and see what they have.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

What's that $.26 per round. AIM has it for around $.23 per round for 1000rds but you have to add shipping to that so your price is probably the same or a little better depending on tax.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Tula HP rounds have a certain chance of being loaded with "8m3 effect" Russian HPs. Supposedly the Ulyanovsk HPs are loaded in quite a bit of Tula, however the boxes are unmarked and you have to inspect the rounds to see if they have the pre-fail cuts on the inside of the jacket. You can look in the HP tip to see them. If its the 8M3 bullet it will have three evenly spaced cuts on the inside tip of the HP.

I like Barnaul ammo, who makes the current Wolf Military Classic, but their HP rounds don't expand in gel at all.

The 8M3 bullets originally came in generic white boxes labled as Russian hunting ammo about 12-15 years ago.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Tula HP rounds have a certain chance of being loaded with "8m3 effect" Russian HPs. Supposedly the Ulyanovsk HPs are loaded in quite a bit of Tula, however the boxes are unmarked and you have to inspect the rounds to see if they have the pre-fail cuts on the inside of the jacket. You can look in the HP tip to see them. If its the 8M3 bullet it will have three evenly spaced cuts on the inside tip of the HP.

I like Barnaul ammo, who makes the current Wolf Military Classic, but their HP rounds don't expand in gel at all.

The 8M3 bullets originally came in generic white boxes labled as Russian hunting ammo about 12-15 years ago.

I have plenty of other ammo to plink with. Might be awhile before this can gets opened up. Not really buying cheap. But still trying to stack it deep.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    I have plenty of other ammo to plink with. Might be awhile before this can gets opened up. Not really buying cheap. But still trying to stack it deep.
    I gotcha.

When you get around to opening the can, check the tips of the HP rounds (if you got HP) to see if they have those three cuts I mentioned. If so, you got yourself some great defensive ammo to load your mags with.

If they have the 8M3 bullet they should perform like this stuff:

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Also, I bought one of those cans a few years ago when Tula was still being sold as Wolf black box, and all of the rounds I have checked have had the 8m3 bullets.

I've got some of the labled 8m3 stuff from over a decade ago to compare them against and its definitely them.