Thread: AC/DC May call it quits

AC/DC May call it quits

Malcolm Young is sick. Rumor is terminal cancer. They have a pact that if any member leaves or dies, they will not replace them. They will call it quits.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-reports-says/

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Damn!

I was hoping when they got older they'd eventually make a straight up blues album.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I had heard that. Hope for the best for Malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    I had heard that. Hope for the best for Malcolm.
    When I heard it on the radio today, I thought of your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    When I heard it on the radio today, I thought of your avatar.

Avatar is Angus. Back in the late 80's I catered an after concert party for AC/DC and Cinderella. It was a wild party. Open bar, top shelf drinks. Strippers, chicks walking around naked. The party went on until the sun came up. I got some of the band members to sign a shirt for me. Angus gave me a guitar pic. Just wish that I had remembered to bring a camera.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I saw them live in 82. They were awesome. I hate to hear this. So sad. That's a cool story ElDuce.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I saw them live in 82. They were awesome. I hate to hear this. So sad. That's a cool story ElDuce.
    I was in High School the first time that I saw AC/DC. My friends father that took us to the show told us. You better smoke before you go into the show because you know that they are going to frisk you.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Never seen 'em live, but I grew up on their music and have always been a fan. It'll be a very sad day when these guys are gone... Which sounds like it may just be today.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

I think the most suprising thing is they are actually still around. AC/DC is not my cup of tea, but it is better than country.

At least it sounds like they have some morals not just replacing band members will nilly to keep the pocket book full.

Here's a little update:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...c-still-lives/
    Just days after the troubling “AC/DC is over” rumor first sprung up, it’s been put to bed. It turns out, sadly, that Malcolm Young is indeed suffering from poor health, and will need to take a break. But the band has let it be known that it shall persevere.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe