Thread: ......snail mail , get a stamp !

......snail mail , get a stamp !

.......until we go "back" to piles of snail-mail , internet letters to Congress mean nothing ! Obozo and his circus (the media) are in bed so deeply that the sheets keep falling off and their stench is exposed ! GRASSROOTS in a letter campaign so strong is the ONLY WAY !!! However we are to lazy to find a stamp , write a letter , even form the words and tell others ! Find an address , get some paper , tell a friend ! Physical and tangible mail in piles represents strength but we have become weak !!!
    Nothing but the finest weapon construction and parts used !

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Um, what?

Am I going to have to break out the kook spray, or what?
    Returns June 3rd.

it's alive.....
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    it's alive.....
    Yep, somebody let it out, and its off its meds.

Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Returns June 3rd.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    He is right though. There is something about a hand written or typed letter that gets a politician's attention more than an email which many times are form letters or copy and pastes.

Another reason that snail mail might be making a comeback is all the internet identity thefts. Why use online payment anymore now that we find out that even "HTTPS" is no longer secure?

When I was a kid one of the assistants to one of our State's Representatives came and gave a talk at my school. He told us, if you want your opinion to count more, then use thick heavy stationary when you write a letter to Congress. He claimed that a large portion of congress had the mail weighed for various issues. If the mail "for" something was heavier than the mail "against" something, then they were more likely to vote that way.

To this day I wonder if he was pulling our legs, but the first time I heard about sending an Email to congress, the first thought I had was "how are they going to figure the weight of that?"

I figure that if there isn't some special phrase in the subject line then it's probably routed right to the junk folder which maybe maybe some highschool intern looks through.

I have no idea what that special subject code is, but my best guesses are "Re: Campaign funds", "Not Junk", or "Live nude teen boys"

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    He is right though. There is something about a hand written or typed letter that gets a politician's attention more than an email which many times are form letters or copy and pastes.

Another reason that snail mail might be making a comeback is all the internet identity thefts. Why use online payment anymore now that we find out that even "HTTPS" is no longer secure?
    Um yeah, that's how they heat the Capitol these days.
    Returns June 3rd.

While I agree that a clear, concise written letter is good, they reported that all snail mail letters go to the main sorting facility. They are all "vetted", meaning they are scrutinized for foreign substances, and therefore the letter may not get to the politician's office for a week or more. By then, your yay or nay or input on a particular subject has passed.
    I still think neat, short & to the point letters are still a good thing.

Now with email, I also think it's good. However, you have to make the 'subject' clear, like "I oppose SB 248". None of this, "Guess what!" crap. Get to the point in your first short paragraph. Don't ramble. Spell & punctuate correctly.
    I was once told, in school, "Don't write like you talk".
    "Ya no senator, my pappy dun tole me a long time ago, that his granny said to always...........(then a page of old family history) " (NOBODY CARES! Sure to get a press of the Delete Button).

In that news story, some legislators suggested an email followed up with a snail-mail letter. "I support HB 197". "I oppose HB 197". A subject like that will be counted. Your representative's aid knows exactly where you stand.