Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenager Tearfully Confesses Undocumented Status To Hillary Clinton

Teenager Tearfully Confesses Undocumented Status To Hillary Clinton

A young woman who tearfully and publicly confessed to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that she was an undocumented immigrant was praised by Clinton for being "incredibly brave."

Actress America Ferrera moderated the event Thursday at the Lower East Side Girls Club in New York City, billed as the first in a series of the Clinton Foundation's "No Ceilings" conversations aimed at bringing together women and girls from around the world to discuss female empowerment and growth.

Ferrera turned to the group of women in attendance for questions to ask the hosts, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton. Among the women who raised their hands, one in particular stood out.

"You seem like you have something you want to say," Ferrera said, pointing at a young woman in the audience.

As she stood up, no one expected the life-changing statement she was about to make.

"My name is Nova. I'm 19-years-old…and I have a very different glass ceiling than some of the girls are exhibiting here," she said.

Nova paused, took a deep breath, and then revealed her secret.

"For the first time publicly. I want to say that I am an undocumented immigrant."

As the gravity of what she had just said sunk in, the young woman's eyes swelled with tears.

But she continued to tell her story.

"And I want to say that it's extremely difficult for me to empower myself in America," she said, tears streaming down her face. "It's been very hard because I don't have the documentation I need to get a job…to vote…to buy an apartment. To take out a loan to go to college…so I couldn't even go to my dream college because of that."

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...-politics.html

I'm sure with your vote and the votes of others like you, Ms Klinton will be sure to take care of you.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I think this issue, more than perhaps any other, is going to define the 2016 race.

Should be some interesting primaries, on both the 'R' and 'D' sides.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — At least 80 immigrants suspected of entering the United States illegally have been arrested in a makeshift encampment in South Texas.

They were found in an undeveloped patch of scrub near an abandoned tennis club. They were camped under tents and huts camouflaged with mesquite branches and cacti. Some told authorities they had been there sleeping on pieces of cardboard with little food or water for at least a week.
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-arrests-mor...180051724.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

No shit it's hard to make it in American as an illegal immigrant. Try making it in China or Australia or India or Brazil or Mexico, though, and see how that works out for you? It should be a lot damn harder. She should have been arrested and deported on the spot. Are we a nation of laws or are we not?

The problem is our misleaders consider themselves above the law.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Deport them all, anchor babies included.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I think this issue, more than perhaps any other, is going to define the 2016 race.

Should be some interesting primaries, on both the 'R' and 'D' sides.
    Why should it be an "issue"? All a person has to do in order not to be an illegal alien is to immigrate legally like most Americans did.

My grandparents came here from Poland, Germany and Italy (legally). My parents were the first generation of my family born in the US.

Why should anyone today be able to waltz in here and not follow the established rules?

Then again, using our own government as a model... who needs to obey the law? Obeying the law is for losers.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    No shit it's hard to make it in American as an illegal immigrant.
    An "immigrant", by definition, cannot be "illegal". An immigrant is someone who came here legally, put their heritage aside and decided to become AMERICANS.

I think you are referring to ILLEGAL ALIENS........
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    No shit it's hard to make it in American as an illegal immigrant. Try making it in China or Australia or India or Brazil or Mexico, though, and see how that works out for you? It should be a lot damn harder. She should have been arrested and deported on the spot. Are we a nation of laws or are we not?
    Or France, England, Ireland, etc, etc, etc. Everywhere it is alright to have laws that protect the citizens of that country and to control immigration, except here. When we do it, we are considered racist. I wish someone could tell me what is broken about our immigration system.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Deport them all, anchor babies included.
    This.

This staged event was pathetic - but El Rushbo made me laugh with his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Why should it be an "issue"? All a person has to do in order not to be an illegal alien is to immigrate legally like most Americans did.
    The main problem is, we allow far fewer people to come across legally (as a percentage of our total population) than we did even 50 years ago.

That's the main reason so many come across back door, because they are shut out of the front door.

And just the fact that we seem to only be concerned about our southern border (which those dark-skinned people) and not our northern border (with those light-skinned people) does come across as pretty racist.

Bottom line is: Hispanics are making up an increasing chunk of the population, and they tend to vote against racist policies in general.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    This staged event was pathetic - but El Rushbo made me laugh with his comments.
    The shoe attack was likely just as staged. They're all as plausable as the sniping attack in Bosnia.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

My grandparents came here from Poland, Germany and Italy (legally). My parents were the first generation of my family born in the US.

Why should anyone today be able to waltz in here and not follow the established rules?

Then again, using our own government as a model... who needs to obey the law? Obeying the law is for losers.
    Well you see how this works right? Europeans have to come here legally or they are deported. Everyone else gets a free pass in and a food stamp card as they cross.

was_peacemaker
    Bottom line is: Hispanics are making up an increasing chunk of the population, and they tend to vote against racist policies in general.

Accept when it comes to their own nieghborhoods. Here I will even use your own propaganda machine to show you.

Prudhomme was murdered because he identified himself as black (he was in fact mixed-race) in a neighborhood occupied by one of the many Latino street gangs in Los Angeles County. Incredibly, even though these gangs are fundamentally criminal enterprises interested mainly in money, gang experts inside and outside the government say that they are now engaged in a campaign of "ethnic cleansing" -- racial terror that is directed solely at African Americans.
    http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...er/la-blackout

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Well you see how this works right? Europeans have to come here legally or they are deported. Everyone else gets a free pass in and a food stamp card as they cross.
    You know why that is?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securit..._North_America

Klinton and the various Bushes have signed us on to making North America one big state, meaning Mehicans can come live here just like Turks can move to France. They know this is in violation of a multitude of laws so they just promote it surreptitiously, by just letting it happen and resisting those who resist it.

The main problem is, we allow far fewer people to come across legally (as a percentage of our total population) than we did even 50 years ago.

That's the main reason so many come across back door, because they are shut out of the front door.

And just the fact that we seem to only be concerned about our southern border (which those dark-skinned people) and not our northern border (with those light-skinned people) does come across as pretty racist.

More trollish BS from the DU pivot man.

Look fuckface, the illegals aren't educated and many are criminals even before they start breaking our laws. We aren't being invaded over the northern border.

Why you are allowed to post this kind of garbage just amazes me.
    Returns June 3rd.

More trollish BS from the DU pivot man.

Look fuckface, the illegals aren't educated and many are criminals even before they start breaking our laws. We aren't being invaded over the northern border.
    It's not necessary to be foul mouthed, or unpleasant, to make your point. Please attempt to refrain.

Why you are allowed to post this kind of garbage just amazes me.
    People here, mostly, believe in fairly open conversation. The owner seems to believe in free speech from all sorts of points of view. If you are looking for a forum where these types of things aren't allowed, I suggest you seek that elsewhere.

As to the topic, I really don't much care. Yes, technically these people are breaking the law entering. I can't imagine that having stopped my ancestors. Some of the people's on here may have come from relatively ok places, but came to seek their fortune. Mine fled the pogroms and forced military conscription of 20 years of service. Going back to Russia was not an option in their minds.

We complain here, but the politicians in Mexico have made such a mess of the country that much of it is basically unlivable. Sure the resort towns are nice (from what I hear), but jobs are nearly nonexistent, and violence is everywhere.

Yes it would be better if the people there would "fix their own country". But that is hardly an easy task, when corruption is rampant, Cartels are the real power, and feeding your family is the much more real pressing need. By the way, the same could have been said to any immigrant group "stay home and fix your own country".

Our immigration system has drastically changed as well, it used to be you got a ticket for a boat, got your butt here, maybe sat at Ellis Island for a few days, signed your name, took your oath, and you were a citizen...easy as that.

Now it can take decades.

Maybe it is time we tear down the Statue of Liberty...because it certainly sends a mixed message. It was built as a lighthouse, a beacon for those seeking a new life, a welcoming face. Maybe that's not the case anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    blah, blah, blah...
    I'll not sit back calmly and be called a racist over and over. So you can stow all of your city boy, DU nonsense in your nether regions.

Oh and your idiotic comments about the Statue of Liberty are a swing and a miss. It was never intended to be a beacon for illegal entry. Perhaps you've heard of Ellis Island.

Now, I'm sure they are missing you on Kos and DU, so run along Nancy.
    Returns June 3rd.

How old is this illegal skank?

She has had her whole life to become "naturalized" I guess too lazy being a democrat victim to fill out the paperwork.

BISHOP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast