Thread: Triple Facepalm: Four Counties in Alabama Have More Active Voters Than Adult Residents

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Triple Facepalm: Four Counties in Alabama Have More Active Voters Than Adult Residents

Triple Facepalm: Four Counties in Alabama Have More Active Voters Than Adult Residents

Four Alabama counties need to do some major work on their voter registration lists.

In Lowndes, Greene, Macon and Wilcox Counties, the numbers of active voters are actually higher than the numbers of adults who reside there:

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/1316...ult-residents/
    The demographics you can guess...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    It would cause a revolution if everything was known about this topic in this country. Which is one of several reasons the MSM media will never cover it, let alone investigate it.
    Returns June 3rd.

There are a lot of factors at play with these numbers, such as under-reporting by the Census and duplicate registrations at public assistance offices, which are required to offer enrollees the chance to sign up to vote. If someone registers more than once with a different name spelling or date of birth, it often slips by unnoticed.
    Gee, what a surprise, the 4 (or 14) year old census they are using doesn't accurately reflect reality, nor can it be reconciled with voter registration rolls that are notoriously bad.

Shocking!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Why do you think they are against voter ID like we have in Indiana. Hard for dead people to vote with required ID.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Why do you think they are against voter ID like we have in Indiana. Hard for dead people to vote with required ID.
    Except rot and stink, it's hard for dead people to do much

Sometimes I wonder though, you know how we always hear Americans are so bad about voting, that most of us don't vote. I wonder if they base that on the voter registration rolls.

They have Dan Smith of 12 Wilcox lane registered, as well as Daniel Smith, Danielle Smith, Danny Smith, and Dan Smyth...all of the same address, but only David Smith, the only person who lives there, actually votes. Then we hear that only one out of six people there voted

My issue is, when they do manage to clean up the rolls, it's going to be Danielle Smith who stays registered there and David doesn't find out till election day, when he gets told he will have to go to city hall and wait in a line to re-register and vote, estimated wait time...4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    My issue is, when they do manage to clean up the rolls...
    Never going to happen. The Dems won't allow it as it will cut into their vote count.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Never going to happen. The Dems won't allow it as it will cut into their vote count.
    Several states have tried or started to try, and guess what...they took the wrong people off the list

Oh, and the local democrats filed or tried to file injunctions to get them to stop!

So, yeah, you pretty much nailed that one

seems to me it is strange that you walk into the county tax office with a bill and cash and they want id. why should they care here is the bill and here is the cash.
    some of this is so blatant it is foolish. but who am I to comment.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    seems to me it is strange that you walk into the county tax office with a bill and cash and they want id. why should they care here is the bill and here is the cash.
    some of this is so blatant it is foolish. but who am I to comment.
    Here some of the offices won't take cash. Seriously, you can't pay some of your government fees fines taxes or bills in cash. I think they don't trust the employees.

Several states have tried or started to try, and guess what...they took the wrong people off the list

Oh, and the local democrats filed or tried to file injunctions to get them to stop!

So, yeah, you pretty much nailed that one
    Sources? Or just your "opinion"?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Sources? Or just your "opinion"?
    Just a few quick one's, I'm not going to do a ton of research on a commonly known obvious things

Taking wrong people off voter rolls

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/09/2...ge-hits-a.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/us...s-to-vote.html

Democrats attempting injunctions to stop voter roll purges

http://www.truethevote.org/news/grou...and-ineligible

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-40000-voters/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1772584.html

Just a few quick one's, I'm not going to do a ton of research on a commonly known obvious things

Taking wrong people off voter rolls

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/09/2...ge-hits-a.html
    Voters statewide, including several dozen in Tarrant County, are letting election officials know they are alive and well and plan to vote Nov. 6.
    Was it checked that they were who they say they were, people listed as dead...article doesn't say, so there's no proof of anything here other that "some" people who may or may not have been identified as being who they say they were, complained.

Florida’s initial attempt at culling noncitizens from voter rolls came under fierce attack after American citizens — the vast majority of whom were black or Hispanic — stepped forward to say that they had been asked to prove their citizenship or risk losing their right to vote.

In determining the initial list of 2,625 possible noncitizens, the state used an unreliable driver’s license databank. For this reason, most county election supervisors opted not to move forward with the noncitizen review process, making the actual number of people removed from the voting rolls unknown.
    So, we don't really know whether they were non-citizens or not...do we? Just that they complained loud enough to get the grease on that wheel...all with the help of dims who love ineligible voters, no doubt.

Was it checked that they were who they say they were, people listed as dead...article doesn't say, so there's no proof of anything here other that "some" people who may or may not have been identified as being who they say they were, complained.

So, we don't really know whether they were non-citizens or not...do we? Just that they complained loud enough to get the grease on that wheel...all with the help of dims who love ineligible voters, no doubt.
    Like I said, it's a common occurrence, it's just generally not newsworthy except locally and then on election day for the most part. Pretty much every city town and district has some way to deal with it. But if a few dozen, or hundred from a particular district get told they need to go to city hall in order to prove it, no one really care that much. It's just considered a paperwork glitch. Which is likely exactly what it is.

For the other part, I agreed with you, yep democrats will and do, try to block it. I don't think there is a nefarious reason for that, it's just basic math. Most of the mistakes are going to happen in population centers, which will also have the longest lines on election day, and certainly the longest lines at the generally one place where they can be fixed that day.

If a town of 3000 screws up ten percent you are talking a line of 300 people, if a city of 300,000 does the same it's 30,000 people....a very rough situation for city hall to handle in one day. Most people won't be able to get it fixed before the polls close. Probably the majority will say "fuck that" and just not vote.

That's more than enough to swing an election.

Sometimes I think were going to have to do what many other countries do and hold the election over several days. In India I think it's up to a month long. That we manage to get 130 million votes cast in one day is amazing. I think part of the reason for that is because we are so lax about voter ID

Frankly, I don't care if it takes a year to vote...as long as each vote is cast by an eligible voter, and counted appropriately. And if it takes a year to make sure that each vote cast is an eligible vote, I have no problem with that...all that would mean is that elections would need to take place a year before the winners were sworn in.

Would you agree?

Of course, one must ask at this point, how elections could have been fairly held in all those decadent days before computers, and held fairly, with limited (if any) fraud...and we all know there's no fraud currently...right?

Frankly, I don't care if it takes a year to vote...as long as each vote is cast by an eligible voter, and counted appropriately. And if it takes a year to make sure that each vote cast is an eligible vote, I have no problem with that...all that would mean is that elections would need to take place a year before the winners were sworn in.

Would you agree?
    I'm assuming you're being serious here....but yes, I would agree

Given the level of fervor, for lack of a better term, and the possible stakes themselves, I think it's hugely important to have fair and free elections.

I really don't much care which way people vote, but it's important that people have the opportunity to vote. With all evidence tending towards the fact that actual voter fraud, the type that would be stopped by ID laws or purges of the rolls, is actually very minimal, the security of the vote is a secondary concern in my opinion.

Absolutely we should root out fraud, but with single day elections the real important thing is that we can get people through fast enough that everyone gets the chance.

If we changed it to a multi-day event most of my objections to voter ID laws would be, at least as far as I'm concerned, satisfied.

If you show up to the polls on day 1. and are told you don't have proper ID, then told you can go to city hall anytime in the next week and get free ID, register to vote, and actually vote there, then I just can't see any reasonable objection.

If you show up on the last day and find you didn't have the right ID, or weren't on the rolls...well, tough shit, you have the rest of the day to settle it, but that's it.

You could even make the ID requirements a bit tougher, maybe have voter ID numbers, or add in other security features.

Another decent idea is to purge the rolls yearly, either half a year before, or slightly after any elections. On a known date, not continual updates sometimes right before elections. If you knew the rolls were updated every April 23rd, you could know to check and make sure you are still on the rolls.

Of course, one must ask at this point, how elections could have been fairly held in all those decadent days before computers, and held fairly, with limited (if any) fraud...and we all know there's no fraud currently...right?
    It's why the elections are the way they are. They knew they couldn't hope to ID every single person, so they made relaxed laws that lean towards making sure people can vote that way, rather than trying to stop people from voting that day.

The computers can really help, but then again you have to trust the computers...which haven't exactly been free from issues.

Anyway, I've got no interest in letting dead people, illegals, etc get away with fraudulent votes. I'd love to have a secure vote. I just don't want to see eligible people turned away either.

I know a lot of you are much more worried about people who aren't supposed to be voting casting ballots, then you are about turning away some eligible voters.

The problem is either way it's serious business. Revolutions and civil unrest happen because of this type of thing. If some think fraud is rampant then they might riot, if others think they are being targeted for suppression then they might riot. Or at least whine endlessly on the internet

I just think people need to chill, and trust the system a bit more.

This is why voter rolls need to be purged and started over, from scratch, and with positive I.D.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    This has been going on in Cook County & Chicago for years. And in many other Democrat-run Worker's Collectives across the former USA.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

LBJ would have been proud! He just lost ballot boxes.
    Dan

On the no cash deal, cash = privacy, and privacy is the enemy of the regime.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    LBJ would have been proud! He just lost ballot boxes.
    Dan
    So would have Ol Joe Kennedy.
    Returns June 3rd.