Thread: Speaking of the Beretta...the 81 might be coming back!

was_peacemaker

Speaking of the Beretta...the 81 might be coming back!

Don't know how true this article is but its implying the old Beretta 81 in .32 ACP may be coming back! It was a smallish mid frame gun with a double stack 12 round mag! If they do bring it back I hope they leave it looking classy like the old ones from the 70's with the wood grips. I think a metal pistol with in .32 ACP with a 12 round mag would be great. Low recoil and accurate.

http://www.gunandgame.com/threads/mo...g-back.119537/

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Its totally obsolete.

A cool collectible, no doubt, but don't delude yourself into thinking thats its a truly viable CCW option when compared to more modern choices.

I'll bet its expensive too.

I carry an outdated gun myself, but the trade off is that mil-surp pistols are cheap.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Its totally obsolete.

A cool collectible, no doubt, but don't delude yourself into thinking thats its a truly viable CCW option when compared to more modern choices.

I'll bet its expensive too.

I carry an outdated gun myself, but the trade off is that mil-surp pistols are cheap.
    I like the idea of a hi-cap .32. A lot of these like weight compact polymer guns are not all that great to handle. I think a metal framed heavier offering in .32 ACP loaded with some Speer Gold dots would be ideal for a small carry pistol. There are still guys out there that like the old Star PD .45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    I like the idea of a hi-cap .32. A lot of these like weight compact polymer guns are not all that great to handle. I think a metal framed heavier offering in .32 ACP loaded with some Speer Gold dots would be ideal for a small carry pistol. There are still guys out there that like the old Star PD .45 ACP.
    Go shoot an M&P Shield.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Here is the coolest movie scene to ever feature the Beretta 81. From one of my favorite films, Tenebre:

was_peacemaker
    That was crazy!