Thread: Threads

Threads

Threads is a heartwarming tale about a young, expecting couple in England getting nuked in ww3. It is replete with fine 1980s fashons and terminology, however I find it hard to understand some of the dialogue.....

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

It's a good movie. I posted it here a while back, but some may not have seen it. And , yes, a good English to American dictionary would help with a couple scenes.

One of the few movies to portray the matter correctly.... There was a Russian made equivalent to this made, so the rumor goes, but I've yet to find it.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Threads

Watched this a few years ago. Sad indeed.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

The part at the end where the feral children are shown I feel is making it rather simplistic. Surely these children would have more than grunts and caveman words to communicate with?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"