Thread: New AR stock that facilitates aimed bump-firing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    **Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Thumbs up New AR stock that facilitates aimed bump-firing

For $319, you can turn you AR into a simulated full-auto with a bump-fire stock that fits over the buffer tube. There are no moving parts in the stock itself and it has been approved by the BATFE. However, I wonder how long it will take for the ATF to reverese their approval. The Firearm Blog reported on this item:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ock-for-ar-15/

Slide Fire Solutions:
    http://slidefiresolutions.com/Product-SSAR-15.html

Slide Fire Solutions, Inc. introduces the patent pending Slide Stock for the AR-15 (SSAR-15).

Utilizing the SSAR-15's revolutionary "Slide Stock" technology and ergonomic design - individuals are now able to greatly reduce or eliminate the negative effect of recoil.

In addition, amputees and other individuals that are unable to manipulate the trigger using the traditional method will now have additional options using the SSAR-15.

The enabled sportsman, with the addition of a stationary link, can now discharge the firearm utilizing other techniques. For instance, an Army veteran that lost their hand in Iraqi to an IED can now use the SSAR-15 and apply forward muscular pressure to a vertical forward grip modified to work with their prosthetics to fire their rifle.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

This does what that 10/22 stock did?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

So, how is it that this is legal, and the Akins Accelerator for the 10//22 is not? A bit confused I am...
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    So, how is it that this is legal, and the Akins Accelerator for the 10//22 is not? A bit confused I am...
    Atkins' Accelerator utilized mechanical devices (springs) to cause the rifle to bump-fire. This Slidefire Solutions product is simply a hunk of plastic, and there are no separate mechanical devices. In the eyes of the ATF, it is legal because it's not a mechanical device.

I was studying the videos, and it appears to work by having a little bit of play in the stock when the lever is turned to "bump-fire" mode. To fire, you place your finger into the trigger guard and you push the rifle forward with the support hand as if you were bump-firing from the hip. With a little bit of "slop" in the stock, the device basically allows you to bump-fire from the shoulder. If this thing was closer to around $100 maybe I'd give it a try, but for over $300? Heck, I'd rather buy another AK or an optic sight or a case of ammo.
    Last edited by skorpion; 12-09-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Atkins' Accelerator utilized mechanical devices (springs) to cause the rifle to bump-fire.
    Another member here "invented" the same idea (so did I for that matter). I took 1/2 of an AR-15 buffer spring and captured it between the back of the buffer tube and a roll pin slid through the rear of the buttstock (across the hole). I also put a small hole in the release lever and the stock so that I could actuate the release lever and lock it open with a pin (so the stock would slide or fall off if allowed to).

Then, just put it up to the shoulder, hold the pistol grip loosely and hold a stiff finger in the trigger.

Not only does it work flawlessly, it also reduces the felt recoil to almost zero.

Let's see... recoil spring: $12.00 (does 2 rifles), roll pin: $0.12 at Sears hardware. Home made "bump stock"... $6.12 each plus 10 minutes of your time.

Been there, done that. (rolleyes go here)

(and now that this clown has gotten "BATFE approval", it's only a matter of time before some ATF dipshit decides that bumpfiring is illegal and makes people buy $200 tax stamps for their shooting finger).
    Last edited by Krupski; 12-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yeah, I remember that - it was mriddick for sure. I made one up too (using his example) - not hard to do but it keeps the stock from being closed all of the way. Just an AR spring with a cross-pin in the back to hold it in- and a hole through the catch latch with a pin to keep it open and the stock springy. Works. You can't hold the pistol grip but you can have it up on your shoulder. This was with the tapco carbine stock for AK's.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 12-09-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I will agree my stock cost maybe $50 total in parts and 15 minutes work, hard to see where the $319 comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Yeah, I remember that - it was mriddick for sure. I made one up too (using his example) - not hard to do but it keeps the stock from being closed all of the way. Just an AR spring with a cross-pin in the back to hold it in- and a hole through the catch latch with a pin to keep it open and the stock springy. Works. You can't hold the pistol grip but you can have it up on your shoulder. This was with the tapco carbine stock for AK's.
    In addition to my saved screenshots of this thread, this is to preserve the record of infringement of my patent and will be bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Another member here "invented" the same idea (so did I for that matter). I took 1/2 of an AR-15 buffer spring and captured it between the back of the buffer tube and a roll pin slid through the rear of the buttstock (across the hole). I also put a small hole in the release lever and the stock so that I could actuate the release lever and lock it open with a pin (so the stock would slide or fall off if allowed to).

Then, just put it up to the shoulder, hold the pistol grip loosely and hold a stiff finger in the trigger.

Not only does it work flawlessly, it also reduces the felt recoil to almost zero.

Let's see... recoil spring: $12.00 (does 2 rifles), roll pin: $0.12 at Sears hardware. Home made "bump stock"... $6.12 each plus 10 minutes of your time.

Been there, done that. (rolleyes go here)

(and now that this clown has gotten "BATFE approval", it's only a matter of time before some ATF dipshit decides that bumpfiring is illegal and makes people buy $200 tax stamps for their shooting finger).
    In addition to my saved screenshots of this thread, this is to preserve the record of infringement of my patent and will be bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Akins View Post
    Excuse me? Are you on drugs?

I put 1/2 of an AR-15 recoil spring between my buffer tube and rear of the Telestock long before I ever even heard of you or your spring loaded 10/22.

You claim to patent springs and "isometric tension?

I bump fire all the time. Sue me.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

on a side note i always wondered if you took an adjustable stock and spring loaded it would it help absorb recoil?
    Last edited by romakdaddy; 12-09-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    FATE It protects Fools,Small children and ships named Enterprise.

MRIDDICK designed a bump fire stock for an AK and it works much like the Akins system. The rifle basically bounced back into action with each pull of the trigger, due to the spring in the CAR stock... Was a really cool looking setup.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by romakdaddy View Post
    on a side note i always wondered if you took an adjustable stock and spring loaded it would it help absorb recoil?
    http://www.botachtactical.com/knspadst.html

Heck, maybe even just a spring-loaded butt-pad could possibly work for recoil reduction?
    Last edited by skorpion; 12-09-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    My Mossy "Bubba" has been sporting a Knoxx for years... It truly is a wonderful device!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    My Mossy "Bubba" has been sporting a Knoxx for years... It truly is a wonderful device!!!

I really like that! Great looking boomstick. It has taken me a while to grow on the concept of M4-style stocks on other weapon systems, but I like the Knoxx stocks. Plus, watching The Walking Dead, I didn't think the one deputy's Mossberg looked all that bad with an M4-style stock.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Looks like tons of fun, but at $319, a little out of my economy right now, too many other irons in the fire.