Thread: Will Congress Lay the Groundwork for Gun Confiscation?

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Will Congress Lay the Groundwork for Gun Confiscation?

Friday, March 11th, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Will Congress Lay the Groundwork for Gun Confiscation?

Washington, DC --(Ammoland.com)- Within the next 90 days, Congress will vote on whether to reauthorize legislation to specifically allow the government potential access to millions of gun records (4473’s).

Section 215 of the PATRIOT Act, which must be reauthorized soon, is of particular concern.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/03/11/w...-confiscation/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Unhappy

Why am I not surprised.....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

The PATRIOT Act is the proverbial "camel's nose under the tent" toward a total police state. Sure, it only targets suspected "terrorists" now, but just watch them expand its powers to eventually target everyone -- the complete dismantling of the Fourth Amendment.

Reminds me of that old saying: When fascism comes to America it will be wearing a cross and waving a flag.

No surprise. It still makes me mad though. I think we should scrap the patriot act. It has nothing to do with patriotism, and everything to do with the ablity to intrude into americans private afairs.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

"firearms surrender training" for cops offered in WI:
    http://oja.state.wi.us/news_detail.a...nkid=&locid=97

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Rescind any and all federal firearms laws, period.
    Section 215 of the PATRIOT Act, which must be reauthorized soon, is of particular concern.
    This section allows the FBI to seize business records — including the 4473 forms that gun buyers fill out. The only significant caveat is that the FBI must claim that the seizure of records is needed pursuant to “an authorized investigation.”
    Just my two cents for what is worth but it does not need to be reauthorized and should not be reauthorized.

OJA is presenting Firearms Surrender Statewide Training on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 in Weston, WI.
    The goal of this training is to:

• Provide participants with an understanding of state and federal laws;
    • Recognize the dangers posed by firearms in the hands of batterers to officers, victims and the community;
    • Enforce the firearms laws and identify successful enforcement strategies, and
    • Model best practices.
    OJA can kiss my hairy white derriere. I'll label it and post signs to it if it will help them to find it.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.