Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cohasset Police seize 100 firearms and military shells from Doane Street home

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Cohasset Police seize 100 firearms and military shells from Doane Street home

http://cohassetpolice.com/2017/04/15...e-street-home/

Cohasset police seized approximately 100 unsecured weapons including shotguns, rifles and pistols from 50 Doane St. Friday afternoon. A Navy unit out of Newport, R.I. took custody of five military-grade ordnance shells also found in the home.

Police received information from a credible source that the resident at that address had numerous unsecured rifles and shotguns strewn about his house and as a result, obtained a search warrant issued by a Clerk Magistrate at Quincy District Court. They executed the search warrant at 2 p.m.

When the military shells were found, officers backed out of the home and notified the Massachusetts State Police Bomb Squad. Members of the bomb squad arrived, assessed the shells, notified the United States Navy, and requested that they respond to take custody of the items. It is not known if the shells are live or not.

Chief Bill Quigley explained that under state law firearms have to be secured in a locked cabinet or with a trigger lock. The 65-year-old man, who lives alone, did have a license to possess rifles and shotguns, which was revoked by Quigley on Friday. All of his weapons have been seized.

“There are no more firearms in the house and in the adjacent building which he also owns that was searched as well,” Quigley said.

This case remains under investigation by the Cohasset Police.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Grand theft under color of authority...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Guess he should have had them secured. I wonder if a family member ratted him out?
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    There are so many violations of that man's constitutional rights it isn't funny. Was he compensated for the stolen under color of law weapons? Of course not, and looking at that pile in the photo, there are some really nice Fudd long guns there!

A sickening article in so many ways. Sad that a State that was so active in the formation of our country is now run by Communists.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

What kind of military shells?

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I would guess there was several thousands in damage from the way they are being handled/transported.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Yeah look at the Brownings etc..just thrown in there. This is the sort of thing that puts cops in a bad light with the people who normally support them.

The article failed to say whether the "military shells," were live or not. If they were indeed deactivated shells, then I hope this man challenges this theft in the courts, and even takes it all the way to SCOTUS. This is outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Guess he should have had them secured. I wonder if a family member ratted him out?

Read the law. There is no requirement for firerarms to be "secured" in one's home.

It's just as El Laton Caliente said... theft under the cover of "authority".
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    What kind of military shells?

Probably high brass shotshells or door breaching rounds (both of which are perfectly legal).

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Read the law. There is no requirement for firerarms to be "secured" in one's home.

It's just as El Laton Caliente said... theft under the cover of "authority".
    As far as I'm concerned, when you lock the house, everything inside is "secured," including firearms (and, if you have an alarm system, it's doubly "secured").

Phuk RI. I hope this guy takes all this to court.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Grand theft under color of authority...
    This. For fuck sake I see 2 Ballard falling block single shot rifles built probably before 1910. Confiscating those is indeed Criminal!!!!!

I can also almost guarantee that some of these firearms are going to end up in a few of these officers private collections. I hope the homeowner contacted the NRA or GOA to see if either of them are willing to provide him with some legal assistance in fighting this in the courts.

Nothing good comes from Assachussetts.

I don't mourn any evil that befall those bastards. They've earned it.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Nothing good comes from Assachussetts.

I don't mourn any evil that befall those bastards. They've earned it.
    I wonder how much of it is like New York state, where the big city overrules the rest of the state? Haven't looked at the political map of Mass, but I wonder if it is the same there, a good state ruined by a bunch of haters in Boston?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

In MA it's unlawful to have a gun in your home not in a safe and/or without a trigger lock? Huh?!

Also, a license to own firearms is needed?

This is part of the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I wonder how much of it is like New York state, where the big city overrules the rest of the state? Haven't looked at the political map of Mass, but I wonder if it is the same there, a good state ruined by a bunch of haters in Boston?
    NY STATE is mostly "red state" rural areas. It's only NY CITY (jam packed with liberals) that ruin it for everyone.

Look at a "voting by county" map and NY is about 95% red. Yet, in this past Pres. election, the results were solid blue (because NYC has the majority of the electoral votes).

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

So what is his user name here on GN?
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

same thing happened to a friend of a friend in kalifornistan. he supplied a lot of firearms for movies. they took EVERYTHING even remotely firearms related, airsoft, replicas, flare guns, parts kits, ect...

https://fundrazr.com/31EBe2?ref=ab_b6aBY4

i cant find the fb post mentioning things, it may ave been deleted on legal council, but it was a LOOONG list.

id expect to see this happening A LOT more in the future. they will never say they are coming for your guns, that would be too unpopular. they will just pick them off one by one, till they are all gone. it has started with these 100 gun "arsenals", and most ppl will think it fine, because there was obviously some thing wrong with the guy if he had that many guns, then it will be 50, then 20..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast