Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC - The Walking Dead

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 gewehr44's Avatar

Thumbs up AMC - The Walking Dead

Anybody catch the premiere? Not bad, but I can see some predictable sub plots already forming.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Not yet!!! Had to work tonight so I'll be watching on dvr when I get home!

The comics...sorry, "graphic novels" are pretty good...they at least kept me guessing and surprised me several times.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

DeadPool
    Damn it, I fell asleep! It weas good though huh? It looked good.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

Watched it, liked it. Any cop that still carries a 6" Colt Python is my kind of LEO.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Good show, but the cop made some dumb mistakes. The main one being going to Atlanta. Common sense should dictate that in any disaster, a major city is the last place you'd wanna be.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I thought it was great!!!! I loved it when he went around the corner on his big Red Roan, and sees a gazillion zombies!!!! Moron!!!! LOL!!!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Scholl View Post
    Good show, but the cop made some dumb mistakes. The main one being going to Atlanta. Common sense should dictate that in any disaster, a major city is the last place you'd wanna be.
    Normally I'd agree but he's trying to find his wife and son and since that was the likely location for them to go he pretty much had to try.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I didn't watch it yet, but it's online now so I will watch it tonight.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Scholl View Post
    Atlanta is the last place you want to be period..crime infested rat hole....My wife works next door to the capitol and I hate she has to walk a block from her parking deck to her building...she has a carry permit and a sig but can't carry it since she is afraid she will get in trouble as she works in a state building as a state employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Atlanta is the last place you want to be period..crime infested rat hole....My wife works next door to the capitol and I hate she has to walk a block from her parking deck to her building...she has a carry permit and a sig but can't carry it since she is afraid she will get in trouble as she works in a state building as a state employee.
    You should design something so that it fits in her car unseened & locked away.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

I just watched it during my break.......
    I'm gonna keep track of this series. It looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Sounds like Richmond. I avoid that place like the plague, especially at night. D.C is almost as bad, but at least you can legally carry in Richmond.

As the deputy coroner of a N. GA county, we've had discussions regarding an epidemic/backpack nuke/etc. going down in ATL... we estimate that 800-900,000 people would be coming up the I-75/575 highway north.

Who's consulting these producers? Sheriff heads to ATL on horseback... one side of the highway leaving the city is jammed and the other is wide open? Gimme a break, if people are fleeing the city, they're going to open both sides of the freeway to leave the city...

Some days, I'd rather be fighting zombies and searching for food than working.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    That was a lot to fight!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post

I think you're onto something, somebody needs to figure out how we can do this whole SHTF thing as a day job, then clock out and go back to normal life, weekends off too, paid holidays and 401k. You think about it, the bad parts of SHTF are all pretty much after-hours anyway, so as long as you're not 3rd shift you should be fine....

I liked it. I think my favorite conversation was the dad telling the son he would teach him how to shoot and the main thing was to respect the firearm.

AHHHH!!!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 gewehr44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I liked it. I think my favorite conversation was the dad telling the son he would teach him how to shoot and the main thing was to respect the firearm.
    Yeah, that was good but I was really hoping he would be a little more specific about rule #1 (keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction).

Its interesting how every movie has slightly different rules for their zombies depending on how they want it to effect the plot. These seem to be somewhat hybrid in that they're relatively slow but still have the dexterity to manipulate door knobs & climb some things.
    Last edited by gewehr44; 11-02-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Saw it, loved it! I plan to keep watching. They will be reshowing it later this week in the evening. I think it's either Thursday or Friday evening that it's coming back on if you missed it. First episode was 1.5 hours long with commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Saw it, loved it! I plan to keep watching. They will be reshowing it later this week in the evening. I think it's either Thursday or Friday evening that it's coming back on if you missed it. First episode was 1.5 hours long with commercials.
    I will keep links posted if you miss any eps.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast