Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Interview going on from Oakland, Calif.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Wink Crazy Interview going on from Oakland, Calif.

Just turned on Fox 15 Min. ago. Looking at these Clowns give a Interview is half funny, half crazy. You have an old Dyke hiding her Rank and giving an Interview, with a 3 Star Deputy Chief behind her. and some crazy bitch stating she is the Mayor of Oakland. and they have a great City? Funny to see Liberals give Press Conferences! What happened was a building with 33 Artist's caught fire, and they all Died, Knowing that 95% of all Artists are Liberal, I am not surprised they all Died! so much for Oakland!
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Just turned on Fox 15 Min. ago. Looking at these Clowns give a Interview is half funny, half crazy. You have an old Dyke hiding her Rank and giving an Interview, with a 3 Star Deputy Chief behind her. and some crazy bitch stating she is the Mayor of Oakland. and they have a great City? Funny to see Liberals give Press Conferences! What happened was a building with 33 Artist's caught fire, and they all Died, Knowing that 95% of all Artists are Liberal, I am not surprised they all Died! so much for Oakland!
    I was actually INSIDE that building a few times. It was a huge warehouse, but broken up into small cluttered spaced just PACKED with ANTIQUES. It was kinda cool, but it was a death trap. Only ONE hand made stair case to get from the top floor to the bottom floor and that was really hard to find. I myself got LOST in there for about 20 minutes (I was helping a friend buy an antique Victorian DOOR from a woodcarving artist who had restored it). There was a TON OF Antiques from all around the world, just jammed in there like a hoarder's nightmare. I was wandering around trying to figure out "how the heck do I get OUT of here?" during the day when hardly anyone was there. I can't imagine what nightmare it would have been to be there in a fire trying to figure out how to get the fuck out of the building.

What it USED TO LOOK LIKE.....

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Wow. It's a shame that place went up. Looks like it had some really cool items in it. There're a few of those type of buildings like that around here, but mostly smaller in size. Only one of them has more than one floor. Still, there aren't many exits in either of them. No wonder they're death traps.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

That is a lot of old, dry wood, not to mention the building. I am surprised anyone got out.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Sad situation. The city of Oakland bears a lot of the blame here, they knew that this place was not permitted for residence but there were dozens of people living there.

tank-monkey - interesting twist that you went there!

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    Sad situation. The city of Oakland bears a lot of the blame here, they knew that this place was not permitted for residence but there were dozens of people living there.

Yeah, it's a total shame. Apart from the (obviously tragic) loss of life, a lot of great stuff got burned up. That place was amazing. Tons of small rooms packed with antiques, some going as far back as 1830s. There are rooms filled with crap from the 1920s-30s-40s-50s-60s- etc. These photos don't even do it justice. One room had nothing but wooden statues (like Nautical figureheads from sailing ships).

As I said previously, during the day time and with no crowds, I myself got LOST on the upper floor. Took me 20 minutes to find the exit (it's NOT MARKED). And it's just ONE rickety wooden stair case for the entire building. Yikes!

Which brings up the question: Where was the Fire Marshall? Around here, a Fire Marshall can condemn a building if it doesn't meet fire codes. If that happens, it closes down until it makes corrections and passes inspection. How come the Oakland Fire Marshall didn't act before all this happened?

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Which brings up the question: Where was the Fire Marshall? Around here, a Fire Marshall can condemn a building if it doesn't meet fire codes. If that happens, it closes down until it makes corrections and passes inspection. How come the Oakland Fire Marshall didn't act before all this happened?
    Democrat run city .......

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Democrat run city .......
    Ahhh.

Freedom isn't free.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Paid off huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Paid off huh?
    I would guess more along the lines of "grossly incompetent"

Yeah I read a comment by a Cali. person that said "try to get a gallon of raw milk and the state will stomp you
    and look at the place that burned. They knew(Oakland) what was going on in there and just let it happen."

I imagine some heads will roll over this and if they do not it is a cover up.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Whoa. Now the media is releasing pics from the place from as recently as 6 months ago. MY experience in that place was about TEN YEARS ago. It really turned into a shithole recently. The landowner and his crazy wife raised their feral kids and animals there like a home, plus they charged artists 'rent' to live there except there was no heat most of the time and the entire building was supposed to use a single toilet. Totally illegal setup as a 'residence'. Apparently it stunk like cat litter, feces and urine (it didn't smell when I was there 10 years ago when it was mostly a warehouse for art and antiques). Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Whoa. Now the media is releasing pics from the place from as recently as 6 months ago. MY experience in that place was about TEN YEARS ago. It really turned into a shithole recently. The landowner and his crazy wife raised their feral kids and animals there like a home, plus they charged artists 'rent' to live there except there was no heat most of the time and the entire building was supposed to use a single toilet. Totally illegal setup as a 'residence'. Apparently it stunk like cat litter, feces and urine (it didn't smell when I was there 10 years ago when it was mostly a warehouse for art and antiques). Yikes.

Damn.

Entropy....with a little help.

Freedom isn't free.

Various news stories on TV and radio today are saying the inspectors have zeroed in on a refrigerator in the back as the most likely source of the fire. Some of the survivors claimed to have seen flames from that area before they ran out. It has also been reported that this 'fridge has had "electrical problems" in the past.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

One correction tank_monkey, it was the "master tenant" who leased it from the owner. He lived there with his wife and kids but they were all staying in a hotel that night since the party was expected to be loud. He was just interviewed on some TV show yesterday and sort of took responsibility (and sort of didn't).

The bios of the deceased are in the media also. Lots of musicians and artists, a few with normal jobs. Many / most had bachelors and several had masters degrees. Some texted their parents when they knew they were going to die. Some really sad shit.

So...this made me think. We're all against over-regulation, but there really is a place for OSHA, EPA, zoning and codes for construction as long as it's rational. I am all about liberty and individual responsibility, but enforcement of basic safety standards is something I expect as a function of government. The city of Oakland failed its citizens here, though they probably thought they were fulfilling some higher purpose but letting these artists do their thing.

One correction tank_monkey, it was the "master tenant" who leased it from the owner. He lived there with his wife and kids but they were all staying in a hotel that night since the party was expected to be loud. He was just interviewed on some TV show yesterday and sort of took responsibility (and sort of didn't).

The bios of the deceased are in the media also. Lots of musicians and artists, a few with normal jobs. Many / most had bachelors and several had masters degrees. Some texted their parents when they knew they were going to die. Some really sad shit.

So...this made me think. We're all against over-regulation, but there really is a place for OSHA, EPA, zoning and codes for construction as long as it's rational. I am all about liberty and individual responsibility, but enforcement of basic safety standards is something I expect as a function of government. The city of Oakland failed its citizens here, though they probably thought they were fulfilling some higher purpose but letting these artists do their thing.
    That's where the gov't falls down. Regulations are fine, and necessary, but, what's not fine and necessary is that almost every gov't regulatory department tries to expand their powers and place unnecessary restrictions on everything that falls under their control. This is sheer hubris on their part. They feel much more important if they can make people jump through hoops and get people to bow down to their authority.

Once they start going beyond what their job description calls for, then they become more of a burden than a helper.

The best examples of this are the BATFE, EPA, and the IRS. However, every other government agency tends to do the same thing, too.

Freedom isn't free.

Yes, the nature of power and authority is to expand its reach. I agree that is the problem. No entity ever reduces its own authority, it goes the other way.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I was looking at those recent pics this morning. That dump was literally a disaster waiting to happen. It looks like the husband & wife a-holes who owned or ran it are both satanists as well. I hope they are sued for every penny they're worth & charged with murder.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I was looking at those recent pics this morning. That dump was literally a disaster waiting to happen. It looks like the husband & wife a-holes who owned or ran it are both satanists as well. I hope they are sued for every penny they're worth & charged with murder.
    Not really Satanists, though a lot of hysterical 'religious' websites are claiming that. The douchebag master tenant was obsessed with trinkets and artifacts of the Hindu Goddess SHIVA. He had a huge creepy shrine to Shiva, the goddess of destruction. But that's HINDU religion. Satan worshipers still believe in the Judeo/Christian religion and their 'religion' is a direct challenge/rebuke to that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast