Thread: Saiga 12 20 round drums - $75 bucks NEW!

Saiga 12 20 round drums - $75 bucks NEW!

FYI,

http://www.mdarms.com/ is having a 3 year anniversary sale on their drums. $75 bucks for a new drum.

I got one of the very first drums 3 years ago and paid $250 bucks for it. Then recently got another off of gunbroker for $95 bucks. I don't think you'll see them cheaper than $75 bucks EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    FYI,

http://www.mdarms.com/ is having a 3 year anniversary sale on their drums. $75 bucks for a new drum.

I got one of the very first drums 3 years ago and paid $250 bucks for it. Then recently got another off of gunbroker for $95 bucks. I don't think you'll see them cheaper than $75 bucks EVER.
    IDK let them make a few more thousand and have the economy drop some more... I bet they get down to 49.99 ....
    I still might buy one when I get paid JIC

I want one!!! But then I would need to get a Saiga 12! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post

Same problem here, wish I could fit the Saiga 12 into the buget, tell them to lower the price on that one.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post
    I had Galil mags before I owned a Galil.Would not be the first time I'd own a mag for a firearm I don't have.I ordered 4 for now.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    I had Galil mags before I owned a Galil.Would not be the first time I'd own a mag for a firearm I don't have.I ordered 4 for now.
    Yeah me too I dont have a saga 12ga .....YET!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk1911 View Post
    Same problem here, wish I could fit the Saiga 12 into the buget, tell them to lower the price on that one.
    I think I'll buy one or two, then I must get a Saiga 12! Can't own a drum without the correct weapon to put it in!

BTW, Thanks Mark! Now I need to buy another gun... Damn You! lol

Yep I do it all the time I even buy ammo before I have a firearm that takes it...

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Yeah me too I dont have a saga 12ga .....YET!
    I plan to get one next year after the fall semester.

I plan to get one next year after the fall semester.
    Yeah I have to wait till feb ...

Just keep in mind, with the Saiga Drum, you WILL have to adjust the rear mag catch ramp on the drum.

No biggie, the instructions come with the drum, I just used a small pocket knife to shave off some of the polycarb resin on the back until the Saiga's mag catch would ride the ramp properly. It can be done in all of 5 minutes. No skill necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Yeah I have to wait till feb ...
    I had one before then sold it right after there was a shortage.I was unhappy with the conversion and how it was done.I'm going to do my own this time around.It was fun to shoot but there were other rifles I wanted more.

Also... remember when this thing was still being developed? There was a lot of hype about whether or not the Saiga 12 (or maybe just the drum itself) would be designated as a Destructive Device?

Has that ever been brought up again?

AKTexas... what were unhappy with about the conversion? Both of mine work flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    Also... remember when this thing was still being developed? There was a lot of hype about whether or not the Saiga 12 (or maybe just the drum itself) would be designated as a Destructive Device?

Has that ever been brought up again?

AKTexas... what were unhappy with about the conversion? Both of mine work flawlessly.
    I sold my S-12 while the drums were being developed.There is talk that Mike is working on a 410 drum.The conversion was done by Diamond Dickhead-Dave of Incomplete Firearms.He still owes my uncle $450 for a build he claims was stolen in transit.

In regards to the build Dickhead-Dave did not open the gas port enough to allow the proper cycling when shooting the cheap shells.The finish was rough the holes were welded up and ground down with a file.Really crappy quality for what I paid IMHO.He would not honor his agreement with me to fix the issues and by then I did not want a single thing to do with Dickhead-Dave or any of his products I owned.I sold off all anything his hands touched and washed my hands of his shoddy works.

So why do you have to adjust the drum?
    Why did they make the drums wrong? Why don't they make them to fit the Saiga since that is what its made for??

I don't think I understand why you have to adjust the drum.

BISHOP

First picture, the mag view is from the rear.... see the half moon of brass showing at the top of the tower? Now see that rectangular highlighted area just below that brass?

That's the area that needs to be adjusted... you cant see it from that rear shot, but from the side you would see that it is angled.

That ramp needs to be adjusted for the mag catch to slide all the way to the top.

The reason it is made that way is not MD Arms fault... its actually the folks that make the Saiga 12!

There is such a WIDE RANGE of TOLERANCES in the Saiga, that it was easier to produce this drum the way it is and let each end user adjust that ramp as necessary for a custom fit.

Trust me, it really doesn't take all of 5-10 minutes.... VERY easy.

Since you put it up there...And one can never have enough drums, 'specially for the S12, I gots me another on the way.

Thanks for the info. Just saved me $200+ on one of them 5.45 drums, which I still may acquire one of these days, if the price ever comes down.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.