Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any ideas for controlling chipmunks?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I had a controlling chipmunk years ago. Made my life hell. I finally broke off the relationship.

I got rid of my infestation (not in the house though) with am M6 Scout and a whole bunch of Aguilia Colibri 22 ammo.
    Slow moving and quiet.
    I could see 2 sitting there and would be able to take one out and the other wouldn't even flinch, then tag that one next.

BISHOP

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I got rid of my infestation (not in the house though) with am M6 Scout and a whole bunch of Aguilia Colibri 22 ammo.
    Slow moving and quiet.
    I could see 2 sitting there and would be able to take one out and the other wouldn't even flinch, then tag that one next.

BISHOP
    If you can find them, .22 CB Caps are like shooting a silenced .22 rifle. Minimal noise.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    If you can find them, .22 CB Caps are like shooting a silenced .22 rifle. Minimal noise.
    The favourite food of my Savage Rascal. The are less noisy then clapping your hands together.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    The favourite food of my Savage Rascal. The are less noisy then clapping your hands together.
    When I was in high school, a friend of mine lived on a farm and we would go into his outbuildings (barn, sheds, corn bins, etc.) at night and shoot rats. I always used CB Caps as I could hear when they hit the rat. Always satisfying to hear that meaty "thunk" sound, followed by a short squeak....

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

CB shorts/caps are fun to shoot from my Brownie. Even if they do keyhole at 7 feet.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

What I liked about the Colibri bullets is that they are full size shell with small then normal 22 bullet.
    They are powderless and very quiet.
    You can shoot and then hear that bullet on wet leather sound. They will go through if its a belly shot and because of the slow speed will pull the guts out with it.

BISHOP

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I picked up a pile of these at a garage sale for $2 each. The normally run $20 to $25 each. They keep moles, voles and gophers out of a quarter acre area. My friend here in Indiana had a mole problem in his yard. I gave him two, he used one and the moles are gone.

The battery version uses a stack of D's and they last for 6 months. There is now a solar version also.

I'm waiting until I get home to try them on the voles and gophers we have problems with.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=vibrati...onversationid=
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Here's a technique I have used with limited success on moles.
    After a decent rainfall, while the ground is still saturated, I stick the end of a PVC pipe in a burrow. On the other end is a rubber hose and regulator from a gas grill. I turn on the propane and let it run for as long as 30 minutes.
    Unfortunately, the mole problem this year has been SOO bad that even this hasn't been successful. The tunnels are too extensive and the ground has been too dry, letting the gas leak out before it reaches sufficient levels to asphyxiate the moles.
    Being smaller with less extensive tunnels, this MIGHT work on your "jailbird rats".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

You need one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDEira01c0Q

BISHOP

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

So the other night I dumped a half gallon of ammonia followed up with a half gallon of bleach into the burrow and plugged both holes. I have not observed any fresh digging...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    So the other night I dumped a half gallon of ammonia followed up with a half gallon of bleach into the burrow and plugged both holes. I have not observed any fresh digging...
    Chlorine gas. War criminal!
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

"The better Rodent Trap" by Intruder. Its a larger version of the plastic mouse trap they make. Bye two of them, i have killed up to 10 chipmunks a day around my house in the summer. They keep coming back and they end up dead and turtle food in my pond. Put a little peanut butter on the flap along with 3 or 4 sunflower seeds and wallah, American made., also sold at many hardware stores. Now for woodchucks? 17HMR doe's the job nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post

I picked up a pile of these at a garage sale for $2 each. The normally run $20 to $25 each. They keep moles, voles and gophers out of a quarter acre area. My friend here in Indiana had a mole problem in his yard. I gave him two, he used one and the moles are gone.

The battery version uses a stack of D's and they last for 6 months. There is now a solar version also.

I'm waiting until I get home to try them on the voles and gophers we have problems with.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=vibrati...onversationid=
    I have two of those things; one in the front yard and one in the back. Mine must be set at the wrong frequency as the voles have built condos and invited their friends to move in, around both of them, and every morning there are fresh holes everywhere. These sonic poles don't work for me. Maybe my voles are Dimocrats and don't understand they're supposed to leave.

Freedom isn't free.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I have two of those things; one in the front yard and one in the back. Mine must be set at the wrong frequency as the voles have built condos and invited their friends to move in, around both of them, and every morning there are fresh holes everywhere. These sonic poles don't work for me. Maybe my voles are Dimocrats and don't understand they're supposed to leave.
    Probably deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Lol the ammonia will add to the nitrogen in the soil.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12