Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    So, according to this pristine cop (who of course would never lie to save his own skin), the "perp" had retreated after the initial encounter, yet the cop still felt compelled to not wait for backup, get out of the vehicle, then confront him again once he was 30-40 feet away?

How much "afraid for his life" was this cop??
    Isn't confronting someone who just assaulted him within his job description?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Isn't confronting someone who just assaulted him within his job description?
    I suppose so. It just seems quite odd this supposed order of events, especially if he was "scared for his life" and all.

I'd like to listen to the actual audio tape, as cops usually have personal voice recorders on their person when they approach suspects at least, which could at least corroborate whatever verbal orders may or may not have been given in the sequence in which they are alleged.

Video would be much better though, it's too bad no one (not even witnesses apparently) recorded the confrontation...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I suppose so. It just seems quite odd this supposed order of events, especially if he was "scared for his life" and all.
    Must be the same reason troops will attack without waiting for support when the situation calls for it...it's in the job description, and doing the job, regardless of personal fear, is paramount for a dedicated soldier or officer.

It's a code of "honor"...something you wouldn't understand.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Must be the same reason troops will attack without waiting for support when the situation calls for it...it's in the job description, and doing the job, regardless of personal fear, is paramount for a dedicated soldier or officer.

It's a code of "honor"...something you wouldn't understand.
    I'm sure he was "just following orders" or "just doing his job", no doubt...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I'm sure he was "just following orders" or "just doing his job", no doubt...
    See, I knew you wouldn't get it...you never fail to disappoint when a concept is far above your pay grade...

See, I knew you wouldn't get it...you never fail to disappoint when a concept is far above your pay grade...
    No worries. I'm sure you'll be making the same excuses for the police when they are "just doing their jobs" by performing "random" searches of your vehicle and confiscating any "illegal firearms" they may find, 10 years down the road or so...

No worries. I'm sure you'll be making the same excuses for the police when they are "just doing their jobs" by performing "random" searches of your vehicle and confiscating any "illegal firearms" they may find, 10 years down the road or so...
    Gee...let's review which of the following acts is constitutional...

Pursuing a perp who just assaulted a police officer...yes!

4th Amendment violation search...no!

Apple, have you met orange? Orange, this is apple!

Well, I think we both know that cops always tell the truth.

So I'm sure their version of events will be upheld in court, regardless of scenario.

So I'm sure their version of events will be upheld in court, regardless of scenario.
    You know, if it results in your incarceration again...Im'a gonna call that a win/win.

You know, if it results in your incarceration again...Im'a gonna call that a win/win.
    Now why would you want to pay over $28,000 per year of your tax money just to see my sorry ass housed in prison, with all the free food, laundry services, air conditioning, and medical care thrown in?

You already bitch about my Obamacare. Sheesh, make up your mind already.

Now why would you want to pay over $28,000 per year of your tax money just to see my sorry ass housed in prison, with all the free food, laundry services, air conditioning, and medical care thrown in?

Hey...I'm paying for your ass regardless.

At least one way I know you're not a national liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    http://www.startribune.com/local/min...283891941.html

with video.

Wondering if the driver was angry or fearful...

Who cares? Hit the gas.

I'm guessing fearful. An angry driver would have backed up and cut another swath.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Police tell the truth much more often than convicted felons, right?

Third times a charm right?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    You are confusing "protesters" with "looters, arsonists, rioters, and criminals." Protesters usually protest an event or situation in a more, or less, orderly manner, leaving, usually, nothing more than some trash on the streets when the protest is over. They, usually, gather around a certain area and listen to speakers, from already assembled stages, who agree with their views (or even play music) for entertainment. A protester, usually, follows a certain time line that corresponds to scheduled events.
    Looters, rioters, arsonists, and criminals, usually, just mill around and break windows, steal stuff, trash and burn property and, sometimes, hurt and kill people.
    I went to a protest rally in Albany, NY to join around 20,000 people to protest the NY "safe" act. Everyone was polite and orderly. Nobody blocked the roads.

There was not ONE SINGLE ARREST. No broken windows, no assaults, no fires. Not even any trash.

I saw people picking up the occasional discarded coffee cup and walking 1/2 a block to throw it in a trash can.

The worst thing that happened was that the grass in front of the Capitol building got all torn up. But, it was wet and raining on and off. The ground was soaked and muddy. With 20,000 people walking in the mud, obviously the grass is going to get ruined.

The governor latched onto the muddy grass thing to try and spin how "destructive" we were to the media.

The difference between Albany and Ferguson? In Albany, we were the dangerous, destructive, grass ripping, baby killing white Christian male "assault rifle" owners.

The Ferguson protesters were just peaceful chimps exercising their First Amendment right to mourn the death of a 300 lb gorilla with a prior criminal record (oops I mean "unarmed teen") who assaulted a cop, tried to steal his weapon and, surprise - got shot.

It's all the cop's fault. If he had just let little teen Mikey take his gun and shoot him, the chimps wouldn't have rioted. Damn white people. Always be puttin' da bruthas down.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

First, Lefty says that nobody knows what REALLY happened:

The bottom-line here guys is that there is no clear consensus as to what exactly went down that afternoon

Then he proclaims that the cop was NOT being assaulted:

"Leg slammed in door and being punched" my ass.

You will "know" or claim to "know" whatever makes your warped ideas fit the situation.

The problem seems to be, EVERYTHING is far above his pay grade. I guess that's true when the "pay grade" is "welfare".

We're paying for you regardless. But if your "sorry ass" is locked up, then we won't additionally have to read your crap.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

they would have killed him if they got him out of the car. He should have floored the shit out of it with only the worry of fetching up on one of the larger apes and getting bogged out.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

The bottom-line here guys is that there is no clear consensus as to what exactly went down that afternoon, just conflicting witness accounts. Of course the cop himself is going to try to paint himself in the most positive light, hitting all the T.V. circuits as he has been doing these past couple days.

But I thought the parents had some real sage advice in their statement released after the grand jury verdict was announced:

That may not be such a bad idea. If every cop had to wear a body camera at all times, I bet there'd be far fewer cases of police brutality, and there would be no doubt when an officer's actions were called into question either.

The video doesn't lie.
    yes, there are conflicting reports from witnesses who want to lie to bend the events to their own agenda, just like the media, but it quite convenient that you forget about the mountains of PHYSICAL EVIDENCE that does not lie, and all corroborates the officers story.

and i wonder if the mother wanted video of the call when her and a car full of her "acquaintances" confronted one of her cousins because they were selling michael brown merch without giving her her cut, so her acquaintances proceeded to beat HER FAMILY about the head and face with iron pipes and steal their money. yeah, id like to see the video of that one. that poor, misunderstood, pillar of the community family.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast