Thread: Ebola outbreak in the Congo.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Ebola outbreak in the Congo.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspected...101556793.html

Um, lets not bring any cases into the US, mkay.

Its best to let nature run its course. Sending in doctors and shit is counterproductive.
    Returns June 3rd.

i thought it said, "Ebola outbreak in chicago"

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    i thought it said, "Ebola outbreak in chicago"

Well, South Chicago is the Congo sans tasty pygmies.
    Returns June 3rd.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Isn't this just the third or fourth year of the same "epidemic"? Remember, we were supposed to have been wiped off the face of the earth a year or two ago because 2-3 Americans were brought back here for treatment?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Isn't this just the third or fourth year of the same "epidemic"? Remember, we were supposed to have been wiped off the face of the earth a year or two ago because 2-3 Americans were brought back here for treatment?
    Different outbreaks in different countries.

So you think it was smart for Barky to bring ebola patients into the US?
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Different outbreaks in different countries.

So you think it was smart for Barky to bring ebola patients into the US?
    The only one who died that I recall flew here on his own and died. I think two other healthcare workers were actually brought here for treatment, (they were Americans) and they both survived as did the one or two infected by the first guy so was it smart? I guess you'd have to ask the two he brought here that lived. Seems like two saved and no fatalities worked out ok. I guess we could have left them in Africa.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

The only one who died that I recall flew here on his own and died. I think two other healthcare workers were actually brought here for treatment, (they were Americans) and they both survived as did the one or two infected by the first guy so was it smart? I guess you'd have to ask the two he brought here that lived. Seems like two saved and no fatalities worked out ok. I guess we could have left them in Africa.
    If it hadn't been for the public outcry they were going to fly in many more.

The hospital my wife works at was designated as one of 3 hospitals in our state that was going to receive ebola patients. The run down they gave the senior staff left most of them less than enthused.

Anything we can do here for these people can be done in Africa and in fact several facilities were built by the US and a few European countries to do just that. That's how they ended those particular outbreaks.

Bringing in something as contagious and nasty as ebola into your country is not smart. It seems especially insane if its A: not necessary, or B: if you are one of the people who will have to have direct contact with them.

Are you volunteering?
    Returns June 3rd.

I'm not going to argue with you. As someone with no medical training I would no more volunteer to treat someone with Ebola than I would pneumonia. That wouldn't be smart for the patient. The facts are there is another Ebola outbreak in Africa. Shit happens. The sky didn't fall the last time and won't this time either.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I'm not going to argue with you. As someone with no medical training I would no more volunteer to treat someone with Ebola than I would pneumonia. That wouldn't be smart for the patient. The facts are there is another Ebola outbreak in Africa. Shit happens. The sky didn't fall the last time and won't this time either.
    Lots of epidemiologists would argue with you. Imagine if we could have quarantined HIV in Africa.

And again, bringing a nasty, highly contagious virus into your country for no good reason is not smart.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Is ebola the one they got for kissing the apes, or having sex with them? I forgot. Wait, I think it was AIDS they created by having ape sex, so this must be just from the foreplay.

Sorry. It's hard keeping with with African diseases....they create so many over there.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Is ebola the one they got for kissing the apes, or having sex with them? I forgot. Wait, I think it was AIDS they created by having ape sex, so this must be just from the foreplay.

Sorry. It's hard keeping with with African diseases....they create so many over there.
    Ebola is blood borne (so is Aids) and the Bonobos contract it by eating their close cousins. Bush meat isn't free, yo.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Ebola is blood borne (so is Aids) and the Bonobos contract it by eating their close cousins. Bush meat isn't free, yo.
    I still believe it's creation was a case of low IQ and free ape sex.....after all, what happens in the Congo, stays in the Congo. (At least, until Liberals get involved....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I still believe it's creation was a case of low IQ and free ape sex.....after all, what happens in the Congo, stays in the Congo. (At least, until Liberals get involved....)

Implying ape sex is ever free.
    Returns June 3rd.

I have to add the following to this ape sex discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXdaYt2Lv0

Moderately interesting read on the subject;
    http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/here...demic-05242017

I too wondered how ebola died out in the US and even in Africa so quicky, considering how it was wiping out communities in Africa so easily. If it's spread like smallpox, it's just a matter of the wrong conditions being met, with smallpox the spores are so fine they move with any wind current, the spores can float up walls and ingress a building from outside by upstairs open windows just like smoke, more or less if you have line of sight/no barrier contact with a smallpox victim you're fucked. I dunno how ebola is spread.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"