PDA

View Full Version : Shooting the PKM GPMG

MilitaryArms
05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey guys,

I thought I would share this video. I was invited out to shoot a post sample PKM which I have to admit, is the best GPMG I've ever laid my hands on. There are a few things I would change about the design, but overall this is one amazing weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_F-q7MNYBE

AKTexas
05-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey guys,

I thought I would share this video. I was invited out to shoot a post sample PKM which I have to admit, is the best GPMG I've ever laid my hands on. There are a few things I would change about the design, but overall this is one amazing weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_F-q7MNYBE

Welcome to the forum! Great first post. If only we the people could own such full auto arms.

Richard Simmons
05-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Looks like both of those fireams are a lot of fun. Great video and welcome!

MilitaryArms
05-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

It is a shame we can't buy such weapons easily anymore. The PKM in the video is, as mentioned, a post sample. So to own it you must jump through all sorts of hoops, get a FFL/SOT, get a department onboard for a demo, then buy it. When you give up your license, you lose the ability to keep the weapon. Sad. Very sad.

I wish we could get enough gun owners together to have our voices heard in Washington on the 1986 MG ban and have it repealed. But the chances of anyone listening are pretty slim.

But hey, if you have an extra $6k laying around you can build a semi-auto PKM! :D

ATAK, Inc.
05-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Awesome video!!!

I absolutely love my semi PKM, too bad I could've bought 2 full auto ones for the same price!

NewbieAKguy
05-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Welcome to Gunsnet. Everyone, if you're on FB be sure to 'like' his page to get his updates, same if you have a youtube account. Great stuff. Fav vid is his one on steel cased ammo, which btw I posted in the ammo section a while back. :thumbsup:

Schuetzenman
05-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Welcome to Gunsnet and nice videos. That suppressor is quite interesting for the price.

MilitaryArms
05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks NewbieAKguy.

I was surprised at the price of the suppressor too. I will be doing a full review of the Guardian from Huntertown Arms in about 3 weeks. I will show you what they look like up close including the internals. But I was impressed enough after shooting it and taking it apart that I bought one.

Partisan1983
05-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Welcome to forum.

Awesome vid's man !!!!

abpt1
05-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Welcome

thanks for posting that video its great! :thumbsup:

Schuetzenman
05-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks NewbieAKguy.

I was surprised at the price of the suppressor too. I will be doing a full review of the Guardian from Huntertown Arms in about 3 weeks. I will show you what they look like up close including the internals. But I was impressed enough after shooting it and taking it apart that I bought one.

Do you have any other .22 suppressors that you can compare it to when you do your review. I've got a Pilot by AAC and in the video it sounded as good as or better than the Pilot.

MilitaryArms
05-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Do you have any other .22 suppressors that you can compare it to when you do your review. I've got a Pilot by AAC and in the video it sounded as good as or better than the Pilot.
I don't, but I will ask if I may have access to one or two. I'll see what I can do.

El Duce
05-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Great video! Nothing like shooting a belt fed!! Please post some more.