PDA

View Full Version : US PALM Defender Body Armor

MilitaryArms
05-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Many folks believe that body armor is super expensive or even that it's illegal to own.

US Palm has a product called the Defender on the market intended for civilians to use as a home defense tool. It allows you to not only have threat level IIIA protection, but it also keeps all of your defensive tools in a handy and portable location for easy deployment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVJ4eCvPnzc

O.S.O.K.
05-24-2011, 05:46 PM
:welcome: to the board. If you are selling this, then post in the classifieds or please contact the board owner or an admin about advertising.

Thanks

AKTexas
05-24-2011, 05:52 PM
He is reviewing it.

Schuetzenman
05-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Interesting product concept.

MilitaryArms
05-24-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't sell anything, I only review products. I mention where I buy products so others can find it if they're interested.

TEN-32
05-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Welcome to Gunsnet. Good to see you here. I subscribe to your You Tube channel and I like your reviews...notably your recent review of the Vortex Strikefire and Russian PKM. I hope you stick around and contribute. Good group here.

recon
05-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome! Good avatar there!

MilitaryArms
05-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Welcome to Gunsnet. Good to see you here. I subscribe to your You Tube channel and I like your reviews...notably your recent review of the Vortex Strikefire and Russian PKM. I hope you stick around and contribute. Good group here.
Thanks, and thanks for the sub on YouTube.

I will stick around, for sure.

AKTexas
05-24-2011, 11:01 PM
I liked your video on converting the Draco to SBR. Those were my favorites so far.

Bluntforce
05-24-2011, 11:50 PM
That would be a very good option for someone of smaller build.

MilitaryArms
05-25-2011, 08:30 AM
I liked your video on converting the Draco to SBR. Those were my favorites so far.
I enjoyed making those videos. The Draco is one of the best options right now for SBR's. The fact you can do everything for well under $1000 including paying your tax to Uncle Sam is very attractive for many gun buyers.

I've found my Draco to be extremely reliable and surprisingly accurate. I'm tempted to buy another one because if history is any indicator, someday the supply of Draco's will dry up and the once affordable SBR project guns will double in price over night. Then I would be kicking myself, as I have so many times in the past, for not having bought at least one more.

MilitaryArms
05-25-2011, 08:32 AM
That would be a very good option for someone of smaller build.
US Palm just announced last week that they are now making XL sizes. The same setup but with larger body armor panels. I don't know what the price will be on these yet, but I'm pretty sure they won't be significantly more expensive than the current model.

O.S.O.K.
05-25-2011, 10:59 AM
I am on the road and restricted to the crackberry for posting. I'll have to check your youtubesbout for sure.

Helen Keller
05-25-2011, 03:04 PM
I've watched your videos for awhile

I like your style, no bullshit and down to Errf.

Your Vid on the Sig 556R sealed the deal on me not getting one.

MilitaryArms
05-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I've watched your videos for awhile

I like your style, no bullshit and down to Errf.

Your Vid on the Sig 556R sealed the deal on me not getting one.
Thanks. Since I don't take money from manufacturers I'm free to say what I want. If something doesn't work, I can say it doesn't work. I've been an active shooter and collector since the 1980's so I know what I like and what I don't like. But I try not to tell others what to like, I prefer to express my opinion on what works for me then urge others to dig into what works for them.

I was floored by the 556R actually. I had such high hopes for that rifle. The concept is outstanding, unfortunately Sig dropped the ball big time. The design is so bad that I found out a big name in the industry is planning to release a product to correct several of the issues Sig refuses to address with the 556R. We'll see if those plans come to fruition or not, but the fact another company would invest time and money into correcting problems Sig won't address is truly a sad state of affairs.

Even if Sig got the 556R working with a wide variety of steel cased ammo (I would be happy with Wolf actually), they still have serious quality issues to overcome and the fact the rifle can't use steel magazines without damaging itself. In reality, it calls for a whole new lower and commitment to producing a quality product that unfortunately Sig doesn't seem too interested in doing at this time.

Anyway, thanks for watching the channel. I appreciate every subscription.

Solidus-snake
05-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the review, I really look forward to seeing you post more videos and reviews here.

Welcome, please stick around and enjoy the place.

O.S.O.K.
05-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Ah - back home now. Crackberry doesn't show the imbed.

Good review!

Glad to have you here on the board.

recon
05-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Love his reviews! Good stuff!

MilitaryArms
05-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Ah - back home now. Crackberry doesn't show the imbed.

Good review!

Glad to have you here on the board.

Thanks, I'm glad to be here. I can't believe it took me so long to find it, I must be dame bramaged.

O.S.O.K.
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Maybe just lisdexic... ;)

TEN-32
05-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Maybe just lisdexic... ;)

Dyslexics untie!!!