PDA

View Full Version : Members of Congress kick ass in the stock market

Guns Network Staff
05-25-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Has to be.

http://gawker.com/5805192/members-of...n-stock-market (http://gawker.com/5805192/members-of-congress-do-abnormally-well-in-stock-market)

MR. Polytech
05-25-2011, 10:58 PM
It's called 'insider trading'...Most members of Congress are privy to economic information regarding government contracts before such contracts are 'officially' rewarded. Also , they are privy to other economic & commercial info. long before their 'sheeple' are, and know when and where to hit it, as a result.

I noticed in the article of the link you posted that they suggest that most people seem to believe Congress people are stupid...Wait a minute. Most people 'serving' in congress have law degree (s); you cant earn a law degree if your stupid. They may 'play' stupid; stupid like a fox...:teufel:

Gunner1558
05-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Only if your name is Martha, does it become insider trading.

Too bad that they don't teach ethics in law school any more.

blacksheep
05-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Some real investigative reporting would be nice from the lame stream media, names would be nice.:swear:

O.S.O.K.
05-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Guess we need to add this to the list of forbidden pursuits while in office. Geeze.

Oswald Bastable
05-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Some real investigative reporting would be nice from the lame stream media, names would be nice.:swear:

Agreed, but I'd like to see something really in depth. You know, with statistics showing rates of return for, say, congresscritters vs the average 401K managed plan, and day traders who actually spend a great deal of time researching such things. Then perhaps some real questions could be asked, such as journalists used to ask...as in, how is it the rates are so much better for congresscritters than most others, whether lay investors in 401K's or day traders. I'd like to see how many critters suddenly shifted to bonds or money market funds in what time frame before the crash after the housing bubble burst, the financial meltdown came, the stock market plunged. I'd like to know how many jumped back in and when, as the stock market rose again. And then I'd like the hard questions to be asked about where they get the information to make such decisions, and why there are no allegations of insider trading ever leveled at them or the brokers who work for them.

Of course, I won't hold my breath for such journalism to happen...

Warthogg
05-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Only if your name is Martha, does it become insider trading.

Actually got Martha for lying to a fed.

Wart