PDA

View Full Version : rapture date mix up,your next chance is

bovver
05-25-2011, 08:44 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_on_re_us/us_apocalypse_saturday

Mark Ducati
05-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Harold Camping, who predicted that 200 million Christians would be taken to heaven Saturday before catastrophe struck the planet

Only 200 million? That sounds low, but probably right if he's only counting adults. Small children that have not yet realized the true difference between good an evil, like my 4 and 7 year old, would automatically be raptured. I'm thinking there's got to be more than 200 million children who would also be raptured.

swampdragon
05-25-2011, 02:01 PM
....... Small children that have not yet realized the true difference between good an evil, like my 4 and 7 year old, would automatically be raptured. I'm thinking there's got to be more than 200 million children who would also be raptured.

How do you figure that?
Adam and Eve didn't know the difference between right and wrong until "after" they ate from the tree.
But your God still punished them anyways even though they didn't know yet about good or evil or how it was wrong to disobey God.
Seems pretty damn unreasonable to me.

And don't forget, this is the same God who killed every first born in Egypt just because a pharaoh made him mad.
And he seems to enjoy smashing lil children upon rocks and cliffs too.
Hell man, he even let his own kid die too for stuff "other" people did.
And got a good laugh out of commanding Abraham to kill his kid too.
Somehow, I think your hopes are a lil too high here.
This guy is NOT the parental role model he's made out to be.

:lool:

Mark Ducati
05-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Infants and children have not yet had the opportunity to receive Christ and are thus saved automatically via their virtue... this is backed up by scripture.

http://www.barr-family.com/godsword/babys.htm

Mark Ducati
05-25-2011, 02:30 PM
I also like this guy's argument that children go to heaven:

http://betweenthetimes.com/2009/07/24/why-we-believe-children-who-die-go-to-heaven-2/

Solidus-snake
05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
How do you figure that?
Adam and Eve didn't know the difference between right and wrong until "after" they ate from the tree.
But your God still punished them anyways even though they didn't know yet about good or evil or how it was wrong to disobey God.
Seems pretty damn unreasonable to me.

And don't forget, this is the same God who killed every first born in Egypt just because a pharaoh made him mad.
And he seems to enjoy smashing lil children upon rocks and cliffs too.
Hell man, he even let his own kid die too for stuff "other" people did.
And got a good laugh out of commanding Abraham to kill his kid too.
Somehow, I think your hopes are a lil too high here.
This guy is NOT the parental role model he's made out to be.

I notice that many many people simply ignore the things mentioned above. Dont forget the great flood.. that killed off all the children on the whole planet save Noah's brood.

gpwasr10
05-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Come on guys.. this is the "New God"...not the old mean one, he's more of your buddy... a real pal ;-).

bovver
05-25-2011, 05:24 PM
You all dont understand.
Sometimes people just need killing.

The time of the great flood was to kill the giants,the children of the Nephilim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymktwMJeS3U

Solidus-snake
05-25-2011, 05:30 PM
You all dont understand.
Sometimes people just need killing.

The time of the great flood was to kill the giants,the children of the Nephilim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymktwMJeS3U

That is very very farfetched and assumes alot. Also kill off al the world instead of striking down these being with lightning or a firestorm like you know he could?

bovver
05-25-2011, 05:36 PM
I dont think it would matter how God does things,whatever he does people will always criticize what and how its done.
Part of the free will game.

swampdragon
05-25-2011, 11:00 PM
I dont think it would matter how God does things,whatever he does people will always criticize what and how its done.
Part of the free will game.

Wait a second.
I thought God was all knowing and all powerful and all that crap?
So you are saying it's fine he wiped out thousands of innocent people just to kill a few giants?
Seems kinda lame for an all powerful God.
Was he drunk or hung over that day?

Kadmos
05-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Wait a second.
I thought God was all knowing and all powerful and all that crap?
So you are saying it's fine he wiped out thousands of innocent people just to kill a few giants?
Seems kinda lame for an all powerful God.
Was he drunk or hung over that day?

No.

Genesis 6:5
The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the LORD said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

LAGC
05-26-2011, 01:55 AM
Abrahamic religions are so silly.

With all the genocide committed by God against his own creations, you have to wonder how fucking omnipotent he really is. I mean, couldn't he just get it right the first time? Is his magnificent "design" really that imperfect?

What was God thinking when he created pedophiles, or malaria for that matter? Some sick sense of humor that asshole has. Worship him and praise him for his benevolence? No thanks, I'll pass.

Mark Ducati
05-26-2011, 07:06 AM
I notice that many many people simply ignore the things mentioned above. Dont forget the great flood.. that killed off all the children on the whole planet save Noah's brood.

You don't know that happened... who's to say God didn't rapture all the children up at that time? Noah and his family were locked up in the Ark, the rest of the world was wiped out and thus no record of what happened other than Noah's account. And even if God chose to let the children and infants perish, it was His will... So if you want to argue and find fault with God with your attempt to undertand Him, I guess you'll have an opportunity to take it up with Him on Judgement Day.

LAGC
05-26-2011, 07:56 AM
So if you want to argue and find fault with God with your attempt to undertand Him, I guess you'll have an opportunity to take it up with Him on Judgement Day.

Yeah, or maybe not. What do you remember from your before-life? What makes you so sure the after-life is going to be any different? Lots of things are finite in this universe, they don't last forever. Take the most common thing in the universe: stars. They exist, for awhile, then they stop existing. What makes you so sure we are any different? Our lives had a beginning, and they have an end. Any speculation beyond that is pure wishful thinking.

If there really was a being as powerful as God, I have no doubt humanity would have no hope of ever understanding Him. Anyone who claims to know what God thinks or wants is kidding themselves. It really is that simple.

Cypher
05-26-2011, 08:16 AM
You would think this ding dong would give up after the first few failures. I hope people don't still take him seriously. What arrogance to try and pin point the exact time of the rapture and how many people will be caught away.

And for the atheists, I really feel sorry for you guys, but we all make our own choices. If you don't like the choices Christians make then why do you devote so much time and effort fighting it?

swampdragon
05-26-2011, 08:41 AM
No.

OK, I already knew that....lol

God, an all powerful deity, decided not to create man perfectly.
And when they acted imperfectly, he threw a tantrum and wiped them out anyways.
And even though he is all powerful, he decided to kill every other living thing on the planet too, even though they were innocent.
Gotcha.
Makes perfect sense to me.....lol
No logical thought process went into any of these old faerie tales what so ever really.
:dammit:

swampdragon
05-26-2011, 08:50 AM
..... If you don't like the choices Christians make then why do you devote so much time and effort fighting it?

If it pleases the court, can you rephrase the question?
Why would anybody spend time fighting choices they "did" believe in?
That made as much sense as Bible logic.
:wow:

Cypher
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
If it pleases the court, can you rephrase the question?
Why would anybody spend time fighting choices they "did" believe in?
That made as much sense as Bible logic.
:wow:

People like you spend so much time and effort trying to disprove what the Bible says and what Christians believe. If you think it's all silly nonsense then why do you let your hate for it control what you say and how you act.

I've had similar experiences myself, even about what the Bible says and Christianity. Something deep inside gnaws at your soul and if you can't find peace with it then it tears you apart inside out and makes you miserable until you find peace with what is filling you with anger and hatred.

Kadmos
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
OK, I already knew that....lol

God, an all powerful deity, decided not to create man perfectly.
And when they acted imperfectly,

No, you didn't read it, it's not simply that they acted imperfectly.

The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

he threw a tantrum and wiped them out anyways.

Not a tantrum, a decision to start over. "for I regret that I have made them"

Blank slate, back to the drawing board, take two!

But note, he did not "wipe them out" he saved them

And even though he is all powerful, he decided to kill every other living thing on the planet too, even though they were innocent.

The ones who had free will weren't innocent. And of course they were his creations to do with as he chose.

Yes he was harsh, but that's part of the point of the story, a cautionary tale with a glimmer of hope for mercy

Solidus-snake
05-26-2011, 11:18 AM
And the cycle continues. Besides the flood, there are all of the other innocent lives taken. It's not trying to find fault, you don't have to try to find something that's obviously there when you learn about it.

It's about devoting your life to a being that, according to his written story, has committed so many atrocities. I agree, he is God and can do however he wants as were his creations. But does that mean I have to show him pure devotion and love when it seems as if he would rather destroy us?

He gave his son to save us from sin... which only exists because he made it so we naturally break the rules he made for us. It's like giving a person legs and the desire to run forever, then telling them if they take one step they die.

But you know, I can handle all of that. I can see a creator getting angry at his creations for disobeying him. I can bear him making people who worship and love him suffer and die despite prayer. I can bear child cancer and natural disasters. Even using the fear of hell to make us behave. But with all this I feel none of the opposite...love. Why can't we experience his love here instead of having to wait until after we die?

There isn't blessings in life, only scraps of mercy. For every bonus you get, someone else suffers. While your saying grace over a nice meal, someone else is starving praying for a morsel of food. So is it love? Why must this other person suffer?

In the end I think my problem is that I apply the ethics God wants us to follow to him...which he obviously doesn't use himself. I dunno.

yankeedog
05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Children are born into sin and have to be baptized in order to become pure after birth.
So unless your baptized your screwed from the git go.

swampdragon
05-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Children are born into sin and have to be baptized in order to become pure after birth.

If you actually believe that bullshit in the first place.
Which I personally find a fucking joke.

swampdragon
05-26-2011, 06:41 PM
And the cycle continues. Besides the flood, there are all of the other innocent lives taken. It's not trying to find fault, you don't have to try to find something that's obviously there when you learn about it.

It's about devoting your life to a being that, according to his written story, has committed so many atrocities. I agree, he is God and can do however he wants as were his creations. But does that mean I have to show him pure devotion and love when it seems as if he would rather destroy us?

He gave his son to save us from sin... which only exists because he made it so we naturally break the rules he made for us. It's like giving a person legs and the desire to run forever, then telling them if they take one step they die.

But you know, I can handle all of that. I can see a creator getting angry at his creations for disobeying him. I can bear him making people who worship and love him suffer and die despite prayer. I can bear child cancer and natural disasters. Even using the fear of hell to make us behave. But with all this I feel none of the opposite...love. Why can't we experience his love here instead of having to wait until after we die?

There isn't blessings in life, only scraps of mercy. For every bonus you get, someone else suffers. While your saying grace over a nice meal, someone else is starving praying for a morsel of food. So is it love? Why must this other person suffer?

In the end I think my problem is that I apply the ethics God wants us to follow to him...which he obviously doesn't use himself. I dunno.

If an all-knowing, loving, and perfect God created man...would you expect man to come out all fucked up anyways?

If a "not" all-knowing and imperfect man created just yet one more God in a long history of many...would you expect that God to still come out all fucked up because he was created by man?

This is the final question.
How you answer in your heart will shape the rest of your life.

LAGC
05-27-2011, 04:26 AM
And for the atheists, I really feel sorry for you guys, but we all make our own choices. If you don't like the choices Christians make then why do you devote so much time and effort fighting it?

You know, if religion wasn't constantly being shoved in our faces in real life, I don't think any atheists would ever bitch about it at all. Even the Bible says that Christians should worship in private, where no one but God can hear their words. Yet Christians are constantly trying to push prayer in public schools and public events, and using politics to force their beliefs on everyone else via government force, in direct violation of their own teachings.

Maybe if they weren't such hypocrites they wouldn't make such tempting targets for ridicule. ;)

Warthogg
05-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Certainly I don't believe that shit. My God, THE God, the ONLY God, would never be so cruel.

Some of you gotta believe in a God different from the God I know.

Wart

05-27-2011, 02:16 PM
You know, if religion wasn't constantly being shoved in our faces in real life, I don't think any atheists would ever bitch about it at all. Even the Bible says that Christians should worship in private, where no one but God can hear their words. Yet Christians are constantly trying to push prayer in public schools and public events, and using politics to force their beliefs on everyone else via government force, in direct violation of their own teachings.

Maybe if they weren't such hypocrites they wouldn't make such tempting targets for ridicule. ;)
If this thread is indicative of anyone shoving anything down anyone's throat, I'd suggest you and your ilk look in the mirror to see who the true culprit is.

If you don't like the message of Christianity or Judaism, then move along.

No one truly knows or can say for certainly what happens at the end of each one of us...when we take our last breath.

One undeniable truth is that we will know nothing happened, or we will know the "big oh shit" happened, or we will know the message of salvation was in fact true.

Make your own choice...I could personally care less what you do, or chose to do as long as you stay out of my face.

gpwasr10
05-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Certainly I don't believe that shit. My God, THE God, the ONLY God, would never be so cruel.

Some of you gotta believe in a God different from the God I know.

Wart

Well Wart, everyone has "Their God" and guess what? They are all diffrent, and they are ALL the "only God".

Anyways, it's all flying Unicorn bullshit to me, about a step removed from hiding in a cave terrified of the Sun God.

swampdragon
05-27-2011, 02:44 PM
If this thread is indicative of anyone shoving anything down anyone's throat, I'd suggest you and your ilk look in the mirror to see who the true culprit is.

If you don't like the message of Christianity or Judaism, then move along.

No one truly knows or can say for certainly what happens at the end of each one of us...when we take our last breath.

One undeniable truth is that we will know nothing happened, or we will know the "big oh shit" happened, or we will know the message of salvation was in fact true.

Make your own choice...I could personally care less what you do, or chose to do as long as you stay out of my face.

If you don't like the message of Atheism, then move along.
lol....

I thought this thread was about a con-man and the type of "ilk" that follow him.

swampdragon
05-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Well Wart, everyone has "Their God" and guess what? They are all diffrent, and they are ALL the "only God".

Anyways, it's all flying Unicorn bullshit to me, about a step removed from hiding in a cave terrified of the Sun God.

Yeah man, but what about bears?
Don't they live in caves too?
That's pretty scary!
lol....
BOO!

05-27-2011, 03:01 PM
If you don't like the message of Atheism, then move along.
lol....

I thought this thread was about a con-man and the type of "ilk" that follow him.

Yes, this thread is about some con man...did you and the felon forget that?
And like I said, I could care less what you do, or chose to do as long as you stay out of my face.

Warthogg
05-27-2011, 04:20 PM

Yeah, you are right of course. Most of this crap I can laugh at but the very idea that an infant might be barred from heaven due to non dipping or sprinkling incenses me.

Wart

05-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Even the Bible says that Christians should worship in private, where no one but God can hear their words...

Maybe if you stepped aside from being such an assine troll, you would at least quote the referenced scripture correctly.

Dish it out...expect to get it back chunky bobby.

05-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Water baptism is not a scriptural prerequisite for salvation.
Water baptism is an outward expression of an inward grace.
See if you can comprehend that one.

printerman
05-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Abrahamic religions are so silly.

With all the genocide committed by God against his own creations, you have to wonder how fucking omnipotent he really is. I mean, couldn't he just get it right the first time? Is his magnificent "design" really that imperfect?

What was God thinking when he created pedophiles, or malaria for that matter? Some sick sense of humor that asshole has. Worship him and praise him for his benevolence? No thanks, I'll pass.

Free will keeps us from being like robots and "automatically" loving God ! It's like cold versus hot or day versus night , one can't exist without the other ! Mankind brings all of his problems upon himself ! As to understanding the severity (pedophiles , malaria ) we can only remember the devil (who does exist) loves to drag down as many as he can hoping to harden hearts along the way. The road isn't gold lined and snack bars along the way , it's filled with suffering and misery just as it was for Christ ! (Our King , whose suffered worse than any of us ever will , and he was without blemish / sin ) So try and ease up before it's too late , remember Jesus isn't a nerd or geek only some of us followers ....

swampdragon
05-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Yes, this thread is about some con man...did you and the felon forget that?
And like I said, I could care less what you do, or chose to do as long as you stay out of my face.

Nobody was in your face asswipe.
In fact, I don't recall a single person even addressing you at all what so ever before you shot your mouth off.

Solidus-snake
05-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Nobody was in your face asswipe.
In fact, I don't recall a single person even addressing you at all what so ever before you shot your mouth off.

I haven't seen a single person doing that either. All I'm doing Is asking sincere questions about morality. I know about the free will thing but besides someone telling you too, and you being his creation, I haven't seen much showing that God really cares for me.

swampdragon
05-28-2011, 03:33 AM
I haven't seen a single person doing that either. All I'm doing Is asking sincere questions about morality. I know about the free will thing but besides someone telling you too, and you being his creation, I haven't seen much showing that God really cares for me.

You have to understand the type of person 308 is.
If you look up "Hypocrite" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of him too.
He will happily stand by all day long and let people post "pro" god crap all they want.
Never once will he tell them to back off with the bullshit.
But if you post Anti-God stuff...well...he just assumes you are wrong, even though "HE" is the one believing in the Tooth Faerie and the Easter Bunny.

Fact is, he'll try to bully you out of your own logical opinion in an attempt to scare you off.
Why?
Because he knows his make believe feel-good religion is nothing more than a load of fucking bullshit crap.
He doesn't want people exposing his pure stupidity.

You wanting to ask questions about morality is fine.
Morality is a real subject, and it existed long before (the Sun God) Jesus, Christianity, or any other of the purely make believe pretend lunacy.
Most religious folks have a fucking screw or two loose.
And that's a fact.

swampdragon
05-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Water baptism is not a scriptural prerequisite for salvation.
Water baptism is an outward expression of an inward grace.
See if you can comprehend that one.

Your entire religion is a complete make believe pretend fraud anyways.
See if you can comprehend that one retard.

gpwasr10
05-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah, you are right of course. Most of this crap I can laugh at but the very idea that an infant might be barred from heaven due to non dipping or sprinkling incenses me.

Wart

I see your point on that. If one looks at the Dogma of this particular religion he cannot help but wonder what would make someone think that "God" would have such a rule.

yankeedog
05-28-2011, 12:05 PM
If you actually believe that bullshit in the first place.
Which I personally find a fucking joke.

well I have "freedom of releigion" So your 'OPINION" doesn't really top rights.

Who was that parted the red sea and killed all the soldiers Oh yea it was moses, God didn't have anything to do with killing all thoose people???
Who flooded the whole earth and killed most everybody, who gave the earth the plauges, it wasn't hollywood first was it????

swampdragon
05-28-2011, 12:34 PM
well I have "freedom of releigion" So your 'OPINION" doesn't really top rights.

Who was that parted the red sea and killed all the soldiers Oh yea it was moses, God didn't have anything to do with killing all thoose people???
Who flooded the whole earth and killed most everybody, who gave the earth the plauges, it wasn't hollywood first was it????

Top rights?
What in the world are you talking about?
You have the right to worship Zoltan and wear clothing made of bubble wrap if you want to.
It's about the same difference anyways......lol
But rest assured that your stance is just "opinion" as well.
If it were fact, you'd not need belief and faith to make it work.

yankeedog
05-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Top rights?
What in the world are you talking about?
You have the right to worship Zoltan and wear clothing made of bubble wrap if you want to.
It's about the same difference anyways......lol
But rest assured that your stance is just "opinion" as well.
If it were fact, you'd not need belief and faith to make it work.
No your wrong.
I have the freedom of releigion.
When it comes time for you to be 1 second from death I just bet you wont just sit there and be quit, you will be yelling for "GOD" to help you just like everybody else.

swampdragon
05-28-2011, 07:54 PM
No your wrong.
I have the freedom of releigion.
When it comes time for you to be 1 second from death I just bet you wont just sit there and be quit, you will be yelling for "GOD" to help you just like everybody else.

Shows how little you actually know.
Already been there, and it just didn't play out your way at all.
And secondly, if you are going to preach to me...at least spell "religion" right retard.
I'm not wrong at all.
You're just yet another delusional, brainwashed mental midget in a long line a people who cannot stand on their own two feet without the help of some imaginary, invisible man in the sky.
I already just said you can believe in bubble wrap all you want.
I know you have freedom of religion.
I already said that dumb ass.
:lool::lool::lool:

Helen Keller
05-28-2011, 08:05 PM
If God's so great.....

Why do I gotta deal with fuckin religious eggheads every day?????

romak10/63UF
05-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Im sorry guys if you are reading this i got raptured..

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/nismo619/raptured001.jpg

swampdragon
05-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Im sorry guys if you are reading this i got raptured..

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/nismo619/raptured001.jpg

Well my heathen ass is still here...so I'm coming over to get your guns since you don't need them any more.
ha ha ha.....
You can keep the shoes though.

swampdragon
05-29-2011, 03:13 AM
If God's so great.....

Why do I gotta deal with fuckin religious eggheads every day?????

Because God "isn't" all that great after all and he needs publicists?
lol...

LAGC
05-29-2011, 04:34 AM
Maybe if you stepped aside from being such an assine troll, you would at least quote the referenced scripture correctly.

Dish it out...expect to get it back chunky bobby.

OK. Fair enough. Here you go:

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." -- Matthew 6:6

Feel free to spin that one into why so many Christians feel they need to pray in public, like during government meetings and the such.

AKTexas
05-29-2011, 08:32 AM
If heaven does not have shooting, nookie, and chocolate chip cookies I'm not going.

To me hell would be dial up internet, non stop ringing phones, and Country Kitchen Buffet.

yankeedog
05-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Shows how little you actually know.
Already been there, and it just didn't play out your way at all.

:lool::lool::lool:
Oh yes sure you have.
A 3 beer hang over don't count.

05-29-2011, 12:37 PM
OK. Fair enough. Here you go:

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." -- Matthew 6:6

Feel free to spin that one into why so many Christians feel they need to pray in public, like during government meetings and the such.

I don't feel the need to spin anything.
Why a group of Christians would feel the need to pray as a group in public would depend on the circumstance.

What you do know, but fail to quote in context with your referenced quote was the full context of Matthew chapter 6 regarding the pompous ones who make a public display to impress men rather than God.

I know you know that.

05-29-2011, 12:46 PM
I might also add that it is probably quite true that no one has ever become a Christian because they lost the argument.

This is likely the reason you and the donnie are largely ignored in these laughable *discussions*...infertile soil so to speak.