PDA

View Full Version : Are You Ready For The Day After?

recon
05-25-2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxCptRsDW2M

btcave
05-25-2011, 10:50 PM
I saw this on TV about a month ago. It's real good.

Schuetzenman
05-26-2011, 06:26 AM
I saw about half of it a year a go I think it was. The guy and his family's lack of arms and knowledge of how to use them pissed me off.

Charliebravo
05-26-2011, 10:42 AM
I saw that about a year ago too. I hate how the husband was all weak and unarmed, leaving his family exposed to the dangers of 2-legged predators. I did like how they threw some worthless shit into the yard to make it look like the house had been looted already though. Fortunately, I keep enough food, water, guns, and ammo to survive the initial shock. I also try to keep the vehicles close to full on gas. If I can survive the first month, I can get to E. Texas where I have family, land, and livestock.

Sergi762
05-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Feels good to know my transmission equipment isn't useless.Never saw that film before...hmmmmmm well I'll keep my book supply and the Firefox series I inherited nice and safe.

O.S.O.K.
05-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Yep - definately showed the typical urban family though... let's face it guys, there are a lot of unarmed sheeple out there - mostly in the urban areas. A lot in the suburban areas too but probably more armed folks there. Then, you have the small towns and rural areas where America is still America.

Nothing against the burbs - just the facts as they are.

Would have been more interesting to me if they'd of had switched back and forth with like three or four families - from different areas of the country - showing different levels of preparedness.

But that would make too much sense and actually encourage people to prepare instead of just being scared.

:duh:

And yes, I am well prepared for most contingencies for "the day after". Do need to get some gas masks though - or dig out the ones that I have - I think I have some... I have a lot of stuff that I've accumulated over the years... I've always been a milsurp junky...

bovver
05-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the link.
I had not seen it yet.

TomO
05-26-2011, 02:24 PM
...hmmmmmm well I'll keep my book supply and the Firefox series I inherited nice and safe.

I see I'm not alone regarding that book series. :)

Sergi762
05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
I see I'm not alone regarding that book series. :)

Well I figured since I live in Georgia why not get a set? sure as heck more rounded than my notes on medicine manufacture or synthetic gasoline..

AKTexas
05-26-2011, 03:06 PM
I have learned from talking to many different people with the same ideas to avoid places like walmart and sporting good stores. Everyone plans to go there in the event of the SHTF so it will be the last place I will go.

romak10/63UF
05-26-2011, 03:24 PM
I have seen this on history channel a few weeks back... It made me stop an think.... Why in the hell is the history channel showing these tpye of videos ? I guess its better to be prepared then to become a victom... there is enough people on gunsnet.net to combine into a small army to defend ourselfs.

Schuetzenman
05-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Yes and on other boards but we are all scattered, there is no cohesion.

AKTexas
05-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Even with all the members in same state, rarely do we get together and meet up.

O.S.O.K.
05-27-2011, 10:06 AM
True.

Everybody is busy with their lives. I travel and on the weekends, am busy with honey do's and such - or just chilling to recover from the previous week and get ready for the next...

Reminds me, I need to schedule my vacation...

Infidelski
05-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm ready for the day after today and tomorrow ;)

Yes and on other boards but we are all scattered, there is no cohesion.

Gunsnet members could agree/post local and regional muster points for an over the top SHTF event.

Of course SHTF muster points would have to be well thought out.

O.S.O.K.
05-27-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't think there are enough of us in a given area to warrant a muster - most of us (me included) will want to stick close to home to take care of our families....

recon
06-06-2011, 10:40 PM
One thing though. They never mentioned anything about the nuclear plants in this country if no one is taking care of them. You would have a lot of areas that are radioactive and not be able to be in for a long time.

bovver
06-07-2011, 07:52 AM
One thing though. They never mentioned anything about the nuclear plants in this country if no one is taking care of them. You would have a lot of areas that are radioactive and not be able to be in for a long time.

This is what I think about.

Altarboy
09-28-2011, 07:45 PM
If there's one thing I hate in a movie of this sort, it's when somebody who desperately needs a gun and when they get one in their hand they look at it like a dog turd and throw it down.

El Jefe
09-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Yes, I've seen this, pretty sobering some of it, especially through the eyes of the unprepared family.

The thing that stuck with me, was the way the Dad died. He got a simple cut on his hand that got infected, since he had no acess to antibiotics, it went into sepsis and he died of blood poisoning.

No fun!

American Rage
09-28-2011, 10:28 PM
I saw it months ago. It was very good.

Yeah, I hated the wimply California family too.

But if the characters would have been too self sufficient, there wouldn't have been a film.

RAge

az_paul
09-29-2011, 01:24 AM
We're probably 90% ready and working on the balance.

Sergi762
10-01-2011, 06:05 PM
the way reactors are built even Homer Simpson on a binge from Hell couldn't melt one of them down.they are plenty safe.