PDA

View Full Version : Now *this* is sexy

MilitaryArms
05-26-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/i-22KnLDp/0/L/i-22KnLDp-L.jpg

...a full review of the MR556 is coming. I just picked this baby up today from the local fun store and I can't wait to dig in.

TEN-32
05-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Looks interesting. Dipole sight and ambi safety...

vit
05-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Looks expensive. Yet the dust cover is plastic.

vit
05-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Wait... is it real?

printerman
05-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Nice .....precision oozes in that photo , you can "see" it !!!

congrats

MilitaryArms
05-26-2011, 10:29 PM
It's quite real. It better be for what I paid for it anyway! :)

vit
05-26-2011, 10:35 PM
It's quite real. It better be for what I paid for it anyway! :)
You know, the phillips screw through the rear sight threw me off. But I guess that is the way these are.

Partisan1983
05-27-2011, 01:24 AM
I fondled one at a fun store 2 weeks ago.

It sure was nice, but the price sure wasn't ;)

Schuetzenman
05-27-2011, 06:32 AM
HK ..... we are pretentious and u suck because you're not an "Operator". :whatever:

I'm sorry but anything HK turns me off because of their corporation attitude. They drip arrogance and their attitude is everyone is beneath them, except for Government buyers.

Good call on the ejector port dust cover being plastic. I can see the ejector pin marks. I bet a standard metal one won't fit just so you're stuck buying a cover made of plastic that can crack at low temperatures or melt at high temps and it probably costs $40 bucks for a replacement.

MilitaryArms
05-27-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm not exactly a fan of HK politics either. However I try not to let politics interfere my product reviews.

The HK416 made the news recently when it was announced that it was the rifle used by SEAL Team 6 to take down Bin Laden by the Military Times blog.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/05/09/77gr-of-justice-from-an-hk416-likely-last-thing-osama-bin-laden-saw/

It's an interesting take on the AR platform which I can't help but be curious about.

Dr. Gonzo GED
05-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Dang! Took the plunge eh? Nice AR man!

Partisan1983
05-28-2011, 02:58 AM
I heard they don't work with PMAGS or EMAGS....is that true ????

Starvin
05-28-2011, 11:51 AM
PMags don't work because for some reason HK decided to redesign the magwell but Emags will work.

One of my friends is a big HK fan and picked one up and I had the opportunity to handle it. I don't care for the grip or the buttstock but that's easily replaced and the pound it has over other ARs is noticeable (partially because they went with a heavier barrel). The plastic dustcover is lame but most guns don't even have dustcovers so it's really not a big deal. I do like that the operator can put the gun on safe with the hammer down but there's no excuse for HKs weird magwell.

I'm neither an HK fanboy nor a hater. A lot of HKs "politics" are actually the result of them getting screwed by German and US laws. The fact they finally got this rifle to market shows they care about US gun owners.

I look forward to your report and the inevitable comparisons with the SCAR and ACR.

5.56NATO
05-28-2011, 05:36 PM
The worst thing about hk is the diopter sights.

Starvin
05-28-2011, 07:52 PM
I’ve always thought they were pretty cool, if for no other reason than because it’s old school HK and if you don't like em there's plenty of replacement options.

Partisan1983
05-29-2011, 02:33 AM
I love the diopter sights. On SIG's and HK's. Maybe it has to do with my years shooting small bore comp's, but they just fit me for some reason.

deth502
05-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Looks expensive. Yet the dust cover is plastic.

first thing i noticed as well.

well, it does come from h&k, most of their guns are junk plastic now.

cant say anything bad about those drum sights though, love em.

davepool
05-29-2011, 11:32 PM
What does HK do with the AR platform that makes them different from any of the others on the market?

Please post your review, i'm curious.

The review you posted on the HK45 and FNP were very informative

Dr. Gonzo GED
05-30-2011, 04:34 AM
What does HK do with the AR platform that makes them different from any of the others on the market?

+1

Thanks Davepool!

What he said.

Schuetzenman
05-30-2011, 11:05 AM

Well I do believe that the HK416 is supposed to be a piston driven variant of the M16 design. So that would be something significantly different as it wouldnt' be a Direct Impingement weapon.

vit
05-30-2011, 01:58 PM
HK ..... we are pretentious and u suck because you're not an "Operator". :whatever:

I'm sorry but anything HK turns me off because of their corporation attitude. They drip arrogance and their attitude is everyone is beneath them, except for Government buyers.

The only company that sucks more in this regard is Colt, yet they get all kinds of Koolaid drinkers.