PDA

View Full Version : Interesting point made by this youtuber

O.S.O.K.
05-27-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bXBwmxkbac

Of course, we've said this very thing here quite a few times. Just interesting to see how this one guy who is obviously in an urban or suburban situation reacts to this revelation...

Bluntforce
05-27-2011, 04:13 PM
The Departments of Wildlife have been secretly re-introducing apex predators into states that wiped them out in the early 20th century for the last 20 years. They did it in Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri with cougars.

Five years ago cougars did not officially exist here, a few maulings and numerous sightings later.....Yeah, they exist-but don't kill them. Today, you can kill them if they are caught in the act of killing livestock, eating a pet or your child but the state determines if it was "necessary" and reserves the right to bring down the FULL weight of its power on you, seizure of your property, assets, imprisonments, fines and circumcision. Even in the case of previous circumcision. :wow:

O.S.O.K.
05-27-2011, 04:21 PM
SSS

repeat as needed

Bluntforce
05-27-2011, 04:35 PM
SSS

repeat as needed

Remove tracking chip first, check for others.

This guy in Missouri tried that, the DWL was on his porch at 6:00 a.m. the next morning wanting their cougar back.

The DWL has decided to make apex predators on every farm and in every yard a truly 21st century problem.

It also adds another dimension to everyone's "head for the forest to live off the land" fantasy.

O.S.O.K.
05-27-2011, 06:53 PM
OK, revised plan: SSBS

Burning or incinerating the corpse should deactivate the chip right? :firedevil:

romak10/63UF
05-27-2011, 07:59 PM
so if i wanted to keep a tiger in my back yard to feed zombies too i need it to be chiped by the DWL? lmao

Bluntforce
05-27-2011, 11:00 PM
No, they don't care about exotic pets. If you kill something that has been extinct in an area for 100 years like a cougar or bear, it's likely that it is chipped. If it's something that never lived in the area like a tiger, snow leopard or mountain gorilla it probably escaped from some rich idiot's collection and you can kill it with impunity. You could probably even leave it out to rot with no ill effects.

Some moron is breeding wild cats with house cats 10 miles south of here to make smaller, tamer hybrids. When one of them gets loose they are no more protected than an alley cat.

O.S.O.K.
05-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Actually, I thought of a better plan. S and then take the evidence to the road in front of the DW's office and drop it there - then run over it a few times for effect. :lool:

Partisan1983
05-28-2011, 04:55 PM
No, they don't care about exotic pets. If you kill something that has been extinct in an area for 100 years like a cougar or bear, it's likely that it is chipped. If it's something that never lived in the area like a tiger, snow leopard or mountain gorilla it probably escaped from some rich idiot's collection and you can kill it with impunity. You could probably even leave it out to rot with no ill effects.

Some moron is breeding wild cats with house cats 10 miles south of here to make smaller, tamer hybrids. When one of them gets loose they are no more protected than an alley cat.

That's not how it works in MI. You kill certain animals it's a straight up felony (unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt it was self defense)

Helen Keller
05-28-2011, 07:59 PM
stick it's head in a microwave

OR

Fill the corpse with explosives.

deth502
05-29-2011, 06:02 PM
The Departments of Wildlife have been secretly re-introducing apex predators into states that wiped them out in the early 20th century for the last 20 years. They did it in Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri with cougars.

Five years ago cougars did not officially exist here, a few maulings and numerous sightings later.....Yeah, they exist-but don't kill them. Today, you can kill them if they are caught in the act of killing livestock, eating a pet or your child but the state determines if it was "necessary" and reserves the right to bring down the FULL weight of its power on you, seizure of your property, assets, imprisonments, fines and circumcision. Even in the case of previous circumcision. :wow:

very similar here, only no one will admit it.

the only difference here is that they just didnt exist in the eyes of the pgc, therefore, you could shoot with impunity, because you cant be arrested for shooting something that dosent exist (similar to your mountain gorilla comment). now, they still dont exist, BUT they are listed in the protected game animals.

i have also noticed depleting small game in the wild, but i didnt expect peredators (human or otherwise) to me, it seems that all the small game is "urbanizing" before, you could drive through a housing development and see maybe a few squirrels, hen go out in the woods and harvest a few of them. now it seems that i can barely find any in the woods, but driving through a town i see my daily bag limit in front of EACH HOUSE.

abpt1
05-29-2011, 06:33 PM
very similar here, only no one will admit it.

the only difference here is that they just didnt exist in the eyes of the pgc, therefore, you could shoot with impunity, because you cant be arrested for shooting something that dosent exist (similar to your mountain gorilla comment). now, they still dont exist, BUT they are listed in the protected game animals.

i have also noticed depleting small game in the wild, but i didnt expect peredators (human or otherwise) to me, it seems that all the small game is "urbanizing" before, you could drive through a housing development and see maybe a few squirrels, hen go out in the woods and harvest a few of them. now it seems that i can barely find any in the woods, but driving through a town i see my daily bag limit in front of EACH HOUSE.

Yeah lots of rats in the city as well .......Shit is hard to find around here mostly because development and loss of land ....but I have seen a two poachers in my small area. They ran but I am sure they are the ones that cleaned out a whole heard sad it was the last few deer left in my 1-2sq miles

Mark Ducati
06-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Bring on the Apocolypse, there will be plenty of game to hunt... "two legged 'long pork' ".

O.S.O.K.
06-08-2011, 11:25 AM
No thanks on the two legged pork... I know you'r saying that tongue in cheek.

I think you'd be smart to be looking at how to farm fish in your river Mark :) And having a garden set on your property.... where to get chickens, etc.

Depending on just where you are, game will either be non existant or plentiful.

If SHTF then people will only have a certain amount of mobility. People from large cities won't be able to travel very far - and if they attempt to, they will find food and water hard to find and will be "targets" for the inevitable predatory gangs that will form.

Anyplace that's near densly populated areas will be stripped clean of anything edible.

Known low-inhabited areas such as national forrests and parks will be priority destinations for a lot of people - thinking they can just move in and have plenty - but they will find themselves surrounded by like-minded folk.... to compete with.

I will put my "money" on being in a rural area where the inhabitants have resources and will form cooperative militia units to protect their areas.

The biggest problem that those areas will have are the pockets of non-productive types in the small towns that will suddenly find the grocery store shelves empty - but even in those small towns there are gardens and there's access to chickens for eggs, etc.. But they're will be gangs that will try and prey on the rural areas - but they will find the rural folk well prepared and armed... and that won't prove very fruitful for them.