PDA

View Full Version : Bexar County Deputy killed in San Antonio Texas.

AKTexas
05-28-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/28/texas-deputy-killed-apparent-ambush/

Texas Deputy Killed During Apparent Ambush

A veteran Bexar County sheriff's deputy was fatally shot during an apparent ambush while waiting at a traffic light in his marked patrol vehicle early Saturday, according to the San Antonio Express.

Forty-five-year-old Sgt. Kenneth Vann was waiting at an intersection just after 2 a.m. Saturday when a small white vehicle pulled up next to him on the right side and started shooting through the front passenger window. Witnesses called police, who discovered Vann dead in the driver's seat.

"He did not have a chance to do anything, hit the emergency button on his radio, or even to defend himself. That car pulled up and started blasting, just like that. So where we are right now is that it looks like an ambush," Bexar County Deputy Chief Dale Bennett told the paper.
San Antonio police and U.S. marshals were following up on leads and conducting interviews. Authorities said they know of no motive for the attack.

Chief Deputy Sheriff Manuel Longoria told the Express that Vann was responding to a call for an accidental shooting.

One witness told authorities that she "heard two, separate real quick bursts" of gunfire a few seconds apart, according to the paper. She then saw the deputy's car roll into the intersection after the shooting.
Vann's wife is also a sergeant in the sheriff's office. He also had two sons and a daughter.

He was the first deputy killed in the line of duty in Bexar County since 2003.

Krupski
05-28-2011, 09:56 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/28/texas-deputy-killed-apparent-ambush/

Texas Deputy Killed During Apparent Ambush

Wow. That sucks.

L1A1Rocker
05-28-2011, 10:27 PM
I saw this on the news just a few minutes ago. I wonder if he was targeted for some reason. My first thought that it was personal and not related to his police work but then heard that there were two shooters. I'm thinking now that he may have been targeted in contection to something in his police work.

AKTexas
05-29-2011, 06:57 AM
I saw this on the news just a few minutes ago. I wonder if he was targeted for some reason. My first thought that it was personal and not related to his police work but then heard that there were two shooters. I'm thinking now that he may have been targeted in contection to something in his police work.

I'm willing to believe it was just a random act of evil. I have never been so wronged by someone that I would ambush them in cold blood for some kind of fucked up revenge.

Penguin
05-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Sounds to be like something the drug cartels would do.

stevelyn
05-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Sounds to be like something the drug cartels would do.

Or a gang initiation.

O.S.O.K.
05-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Being a Deputy Sheriff, he very well may have arrested some gang bangers or cartel flunky and inspired this retribution.

I sure hope that this isn't moving further into Texas - increasing. We know this crap has already been happening down in the border towns...

I saw some fucking ganbangers with tear tatoo's and other gang tats in wallmart in my little town yesterday - we don't get too much of this crap here...

I was keeping my eyes on them in the parking lot as I walked out to the car with my wife - she gave me shit for "glaring at them" - as if it would instigate something.

I explained to her that I've been doing that for all of my life all over the country as I travel when I see trash like that - and I've never been messed with.

I explainded that they don't mess with men that look them in the eye and show that they are aware of them - that they are looking for sheeple - people that show submissive tendencies.

She's a smart gal with a lot of common sense but she's still a little naive...

I told her that men in our community probably glare at them wherever they show their faces around here - that this is one reason we don't have many of them around. Too uncomfortable for them.

This is ranch and redneck country - not to mention that the hispanics here hate these kind (Mexican nationals) even more than the anglos do...

Charliebravo
05-30-2011, 02:13 AM
I was keeping my eyes on them in the parking lot as I walked out to the car with my wife - she gave me shit for "glaring at them" - as if it would instigate something.

I explained to her that I've been doing that for all of my life all over the country as I travel when I see trash like that - and I've never been messed with.

I explainded that they don't mess with men that look them in the eye and show that they are aware of them - that they are looking for sheeple - people that show submissive tendencies.

Careful, O.S.O.K. That's a double-edged sword. Most of these pukes were never given respect in life until joining the gang. Now, even the slightest amount of disrespect will set them off. Don't "mad dog" them if it isn't necessary. I arrest shitbirds like that all the time. I'll call them "sir" all the way to jail and through the booking process. They may run their mouths a little, but they rarely get uppity enough to justify an ass whippin'. Just be firm without going over the line into disrespecting them. Let them know that you're watching without necessarily "eye-fucking" them. Never back down from these assclowns, but don't go out of your way for a gunfight either. If they're Gulf or Zeta affiliates, they'll find you (or your family) on their own terms. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Charliebravo
05-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Wow. That sucks.

What sucks, Roger? That they only managed to get 15 rounds into him after violating their constitutional rights by stopping at a red light?

Schuetzenman
05-30-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm willing to believe it was just a random act of evil. I have never been so wronged by someone that I would ambush them in cold blood for some kind of fucked up revenge.

You aren't a Mexian MS13 drug gang memeber either.

Integratedj
05-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Any gang tattoos should be a free pass to eliminate the wearer. I saw a piece of shit the other day about 2 miles south of my house with a big ass 13 on his face. Dumb fucker couldn't have been more than 20-22. To me, that 13 says target and no cop should feel they need to arrest you for the practice time you have on the bastards. They do no good for society, and yet Society has thousands of bullshit laws to protect the scum from us.
The only way to change this shit and get our country back from this nightmare cliff edge is to reach out and take it back. We have a 2nd for a reason, and if defense from these fuckers isn't one of it's uses, than what good is it.