PDA

View Full Version : Postal Match Rules - 2011

Schuetzenman
05-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Ok fellow C&R enthusiasts there seems to be some confusion. One of the things that seems to be getting mixed up is how many shots does each target get. I will also post some criteria on how targets are to be scored. Ammo, weapons and shooting positions will also be covered.

The full competition is 3 matches consisting of 1 target for each match. They are:

C&R Self Loadng Rifle
C&R Bolt Rifle
C&R Handgun

Definition of C&R Weapon - What is legal in the competition?
C&R by definition is any weapon 50 years or older in age. Exceptions would be any weapon newer than 50 years but has been ruled by BATFE as rating a C&R purchase status.

Any C&R weapon can be used for a particular event. Military arms are not required if you have a civilian rifle or handgun that fits the age or C&R status criteria. Exceptions would be purpose built Match weapons such as a Winchester 52 Small Bore Competition Rifle or other similar weapons.

Competition Distances
All rifle matches are at 50 yards. The Handgun match is at 25 yards.

Shooting Positions
Any military position is legal. Use of a shooting bench is not. This being a postal match it is an Honor System as there is no way to prove you didn't use a bench to shoot off of. Positions are: Prone, Sitting, Kneeling, Offhand / Standing. Choose one and go with it.

Targets
Each event is a 100 point target - 10 shots are required to be fired on each match target in any event. The highest point value any 1 shot can achieve is 10 points, there is no X ring on these targets.

Scoring
In the event of a numerical tie between competitors, the target having the widest shot from the center of the target bullseye will lose. Measurement will be taken from the center of the 10 ring to the center of the widest bullet hole on the target.

Bullet scoring, with the exception of the above to break a numerical tie, scoring will be by bullet hole breaking the line to acheive a score. In some cases a plug gauge will be used to determine if line break was acheived. Knowing caliber of the competition weapon is valuable in determing what size plug gauge to use, so write the model of weapon on your targets.

Too many shots on target - We will use a classic scoring rule used in competition shooting if you TMS your target. For each round over the required 10 shots that are on the target you will lose your higest scoring shot / shots. Example: Shoot 2 extra shots lose your 2 best shots on target.

Mailing Back Targets
It is the responsibility of each competitor to mail their targets back to me in time for scoring. The cut off date for receiving targets is the 15th of each month following the competition month. Example; May's targets must be received by me by June 15th. Post marks are irrelevant.

Ammo
It is suggested that military or sporting / hunting grade ammo be used. Please refrain from using Match Ammo. This is an honor system thing so I can't tell if you use Sierra Match Kings.

ltorlo64
05-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks.

slamfire51
05-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Thanks clarifying the rules.

Schuetzenman
06-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks clarifying the rules.

You're welcome. In retrospect, I should of done this at the beginning before the targets went out. But this will stay up and even if I don't run the matches in the future I think it should stay as a basic set of rules to run the shoots with.

Infidelski
06-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I'd like to get in on these the next go around and interested in more about how the Matches work. 3 matches, must you compete in all three?

Worried about the C&R self loading rifle. :think2: yeah would have to be .22LR that may be a problem...

Good luck !

Schuetzenman
06-02-2011, 06:31 AM
I'd like to get in on these the next go around and interested in more about how the Matches work. 3 matches, must you compete in all three?

Worried about the C&R self loading rifle. :think2: yeah would have to be .22LR that may be a problem...

Good luck !

No you don't have to compete in all 3 events but they collectively make up the C&R Championship of 2011. We have a couple of guys doing only one event due to lack of time or not having all the weapons. Self loading is typically; an M1 Garand or M1 Carbine. A good carbine at 50 yards is about as accurate as a typical M1 Rifle. An SVT40, G43, Jlungman or a Hakim would all be choices to use.

Infidelski
06-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks Schuetz! Is there a sticky for getting in on the Postal Match?

FunkyPertwee
06-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Don't forget the old SKS as a self loading C&R carbine. I forgot about mine until it suddenly dawned on me that I DO own a C&R semi-auto rifle. I guess its just easy to forget the boring old SKS. :)

Schuetzenman
06-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks Schuetz! Is there a sticky for getting in on the Postal Match?

No sticky post on getting in on it but the posts that spawned it are here in the Postal Match Forum. Not that many posts to choose from so you can find it. The first one probably is the one with the Pole in it.

Schuetzenman
06-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Don't forget the old SKS as a self loading C&R carbine. I forgot about mine until it suddenly dawned on me that I DO own a C&R semi-auto rifle. I guess its just easy to forget the boring old SKS. :)

So true! I forgot about the SKS rifles as well for the Self Loading Rifle class. I think a good one would be competitive.