PDA

View Full Version : Target Sent

ltorlo64
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
I sent in my first Postal Match Target today. As you know I only fired 5 rounds instead of the required 10 rounds. I fixed this by pocking holes in the target where I am sure I would have hit, had I fired. I was sure no one would mind.

Alright, I didn't really. Next month, one target, 10 holes. At least that is the plan.

Schuetzenman
05-31-2011, 06:25 PM
I sent in my first Postal Match Target today. As you know I only fired 5 rounds instead of the required 10 rounds. I fixed this by pocking holes in the target where I am sure I would have hit, had I fired. I was sure no one would mind.

Alright, I didn't really. Next month, one target, 10 holes. At least that is the plan.

:laugh: LOL at ltorlo64.

Schuetzenman
06-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Got your 5 shot target in Friday. I seem to of suffered a spell of I can't count to 10 on my pistol target. I've looked at it 4 times and I can only make 9 shots. So looks like May is a drop score for me on Pistol.

ltorlo64
06-04-2011, 09:44 PM
You just did that to make me feel better.

old Grump
06-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Sounds like he was talking about my May pistol target.

I have shot my 2 rifle targets for June but not sent them in yet because I'm still looking for a suitable pistol.

I also had to take my brothers M1 to the gunsmith to work on the sights. First 2 shots go where they are supposed to go then they start walking down the paper because the sights slip down to zero. Tried tightening them up but no joy, al I did was move my sights to the left and it still slipped down to zero. I may have two targets get laughed at. It would be easier to use my own M1 but with the .308 insert in it I'm not sure if it qualifies for C&R...heavy sigh. I wish all my problems were this small.

Oh well, there is still the K-31.

AKTexas
06-04-2011, 10:06 PM
May was a total wash for me. I leave for Florida soon and been swamped with all levels of fires to put out.

FunkyPertwee
06-05-2011, 12:31 AM
May was lost on me as well. No targets shot, none mailed.

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Arrgghhh! Guys come on! We can't have a shoot if nobody shoots the targets! Y'all just have to tighten it up and get out there and just DO IT!

I was about to make a post asking were all the targets mailed, I see no need to do so now.

To Old Grump, sounds like your rear sight threads are about stripped on the elevation. The fix is to get new sight parts and rebuild it. There should be plenty of parts out there to rebuid it with and if you DIY it shouldn't be all that expensive.

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 07:24 AM
You just did that to make me feel better.

Actually no, I didn't. My goof is probably because I was short on time and hurrying, that and I can't count to 10 I guess.

ltorlo64
06-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Actually no, I didn't. My goof is probably because I was short on time and hurrying, that and I can't count to 10 I guess.

With your permission I would like to use the same reasoning. I could say something like Dirty Harry. "Did I shoot 5 times or did I shoot 10? In all the confusion I lost count. DO YOU FEEL LUCKY PUNK? (while pointing at the target of course.)

old Grump
06-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Pistol target shot, now I have two throw away pistol targets. I never realized how spoiled I was with my match 45. Shot number 8 didn't eject and had to pound the case out with a dowel and rubber handle. Shot number 10 developed about 7 yards of takeup and 87 pounds to break, I didn't think it would ever go off. I was glad to just get it over with.

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Pistol target shot, now I have two throw away pistol targets. I never realized how spoiled I was with my match 45. Shot number 8 didn't eject and had to pound the case out with a dowel and rubber handle. Shot number 10 developed about 7 yards of takeup and 87 pounds to break, I didn't think it would ever go off. I was glad to just get it over with.

What are you shooting for the handgun? I don't see it mentioned in your earlier posts.

old Grump
06-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Borrowed a Browning 9MM Canadian from Gunsmith. He lets me shoot My target but not take it home for practice. Inglish, does that sound right?

I shot some old ammo I bought at an estate sale a few years ago called WRR re-manufactured 115 gr Hardball

I can't blame the ammo, it shoots alright in biker Brothers Ruger P94

Its them teeny tiny sights and looooong trigger slack. By the time the shot goes off I'm shaking like a leaf. I'm no threat to anybody in pistol competition this year I will GARONTEEE.

Biker brother thinks he has a lead on a gun for me, I hope it pans out. Anyway targets going out Monday morning. I wish everything shot as tight as the K31, I just need a teeny bit of elevation on it but not bad where it is.

FunkyPertwee
06-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Borrowed a Browning 9MM Canadian from Gunsmith. He lets me shoot My target but not take it home for practice. Inglish, does that sound right?

I shot some old ammo I bought at an estate sale a few years ago called WRR re-manufactured 115 gr Hardball

I can't blame the ammo, it shoots alright in biker Brothers Ruger P94

Its them teeny tiny sights and looooong trigger slack. By the time the shot goes off I'm shaking like a leaf. I'm no threat to anybody in pistol competition this year I will GARONTEEE.

Biker brother thinks he has a lead on a gun for me, I hope it pans out. Anyway targets going out Monday morning. I wish everything shot as tight as the K31, I just need a teeny bit of elevation on it but not bad where it is.

And here I am wishing my Browning was older so I could use it instead of my CZ-82. Oh well. :)

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Ingles, a Canadian version of the High Power. I guess I'm lucky my Belgian Police HP also has a thin front blade but I can see it.

old Grump
06-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Basically if I hit paper it was an accident and if it was in the scoring ring it was a lucky accident. :laugh:

I don't mind the extra years I have on you but those cataracts don't help. But the doc says they have to get worse before they will fix them and my target sights don't bother me much when the light is right. My H&R 922 has narrow sights too but they stick way up there in the air and I can see them. This little thing has a tiny round nubbin up front and it looks like I'm using the top front of the slide to sight with instead of the sight. You will see what I mean when you see my pattern instead of a group.

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Basically if I hit paper it was an accident and if it was in the scoring ring it was a lucky accident. :laugh:

I don't mind the extra years I have on you but those cataracts don't help. But the doc says they have to get worse before they will fix them and my target sights don't bother me much when the light is right. My H&R 922 has narrow sights too but they stick way up there in the air and I can see them. This little thing has a tiny round nubbin up front and it looks like I'm using the top front of the slide to sight with instead of the sight. You will see what I mean when you see my pattern instead of a group.

Umm, I see. You wouldn't happen to have a Merit Optical Attachment disc would you? http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=8767/Product/DELUXE_OPTICAL_ATTACHMENT Brownell's have them. It can really focus a sight picture well by means of pin hole effect.

BTW I scored Ltorlo64's rifle target and mine. Of the two of us guess who's ahead. :think:

ltorlo64
06-05-2011, 08:45 PM
BTW I scored Ltorlo64's rifle target and mine. Of the two of us guess who's ahead. :think:

The one who fired more than five shots?

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
The one who fired more than five shots?

Yes 10 rounds on target do add up bigger. Speaking of rifle targets, both my Bolt Gun and the self loading rifle target scored out to be exactly the same in points. Things that make you go hummmm!

7x57
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
New to the postal match scene. Have been wanting to try it. Where do I download the targets?

Schuetzenman
06-06-2011, 06:39 PM
New to the postal match scene. Have been wanting to try it. Where do I download the targets?

Actually to keep uniformity of targets for all shooters in the Postal Match I send them out. PM me for my mailing address. May is gone of course but there are still June, July and August, the final month that a man can shoot. It was take your best 3 out of 4 scores in any event to give you the highest overall 3 event score possible. If you join us now 7x57 (and you are quite welcome to) you will need all your targets as May is over. The match is $10 for the C&R Bolt Rifle, C&R Self Loading Rifle and C&R Pistol matches combining to the Gunsnet C&R Championship of 2011.

You will get one official target marked for each event and month with your competitor number on it. Make copies of any of the targets as the bullseye is the same on all 3 matches. Use the copies for warm up and practice, then when you feel dialed in go for record on the official marked target. Both rifle events are at 50 yards, pistol is at 25 yards. All 3 matches are 10 shots each. Prizes will be some small trophies for 1st place only in each of the 3 events and the overall Championship. We don't have enough participation to issue other prizes to 2nd and 3rd place. If you join us you'll be #9.

And before I forget ... WELCOME to Gunsnet.net C&R forums! :party:

Schuetzenman
06-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Old Grump, your May targets got here tonight. I scored them and was impressed by your K31 score. You are in the lead on the bolt rifle match by 7 points! Good shooting!

old Grump
06-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks.

Hopefully I will have M1 back from gunsmith by the time July rolls around, he agreed that it is just plain worn out. I shot a practice target with the sights all the way down at zero and shot a tighter group with it then I did with the K31. That drifting sight is crazy. Oh well, if I had as many miles on me as that gun..............wait a minute I do, Damn. :laugh:

You should have my June targets by the end of the week, they went out today.

slamfire51
06-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Old Grump, your May targets got here tonight. I scored them and was impressed by your K31 score. You are in the lead on the bolt rifle match by 7 points! Good shooting!

Where did OG find a 30 caliber stick with powder fouling on it? :laugh:

slamfire51
06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm sending in my handgun (CZ-82) target tomorrow.
I won't be able to shoot the bolt or semi match due to cancer surgery I just had yesterday.
I'll try again in June.

ltorlo64
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm sending in my handgun (CZ-82) target tomorrow.
I won't be able to shoot the bolt or semi match due to cancer surgery I just had yesterday.
I'll try again in June.

Cancer surgery!?! I hope everything is alright and that it is not serious.

slamfire51
06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Cancer surgery!?! I hope everything is alright and that it is not serious.

Thanks Itorlo64.
Surgery went well. They got all of it.
More on it here.
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?10312-WARNING-for-Sun-Worshipers-GRAPHIC-PICS-ADDED&p=139204#post139204

old Grump
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Where did OG find a 30 caliber stick with powder fouling on it? :laugh:Borrowed Biker brothers K-31 carbine. Had a bid in for one on another site but they wanted $50 more than I was willing to spend. I'm still looking. By the way the M1 Garand is also a 30 caliber and it dearly needs cleaning but won't happen till I get it back from the gun doctor.

I have developed a couple of rough patches on me that I'm going to have the doc look at when I see him in July. He's been telling me for years that blue eyed fair skinned people do not go outside with only shorts and a hat on. I suppose I can blame my cataracts on that too but I'm just not much for clothes if I get away with it especially outside in warm weather. Dessert rat, sailor, fishermen, farm boy, looks like I did everything wrong except I'm prettier than you. :coffee:

Schuetzenman
06-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Cataracts from bright sun is a cause. I credit my parents with making me ware sun glasses since I was a little guy. I had blue eyes then, have gray to blue and sometimes green eyes. Craziest things they often change color like a mood ring.

I saw Slamfire51's post on his skin cancer an made a post over there. I can only say get well soon my friend and get back in this match!

old Grump
06-07-2011, 07:26 PM
He will get back in the match just to beat me in pistol. Everybody that shoots pistol will beat me in this match.:laugh:

Wait, what am I laughing about, that sucks.

Schuetzenman
06-07-2011, 07:28 PM
He will get back in the match just to beat me in pistol. Everybody that shoots pistol will beat me in this match.:laugh:

Only for you my friend! :lmao3:

slamfire51
06-07-2011, 09:24 PM

We'll see.