PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't the dealer cover this?

Altarboy
05-31-2011, 09:11 PM
My wife's Nitro just received new brakes at the dealer in late March. All the way around including bearings and two rotors. Today the left front brake froze up and was smoking. Any service writers here can offer some advice? We were near the dealer and left it there with a key and instructions.

imanaknut
05-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Unless they rebuilt the brake calipers when they replaced the other stuff, it sounds like an unfortunate round of bad luck on your part. Personally when I work on the brakes of my own cars, I make sure the caliper pistons are moving freely, but that still doesn't guarantee that they are not just a few brake applied from freezing up.

There is another possibility, if one of the pads was defective and all the material came off, the piston in the brake caliper could pop out and lock up the wheel.

Just my 2 cent guess.

Altarboy
05-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Supposed to be complete rebuild of all. I don't want to tell you what it cost, but I will say I've never had similiar trouble when I've done brake jobs.

Kadmos
05-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Although it could be unrelated I sort of doubt it. I would expect them to fix it free.

romak10/63UF
05-31-2011, 09:59 PM
i have always serviced my own brakes... never had a problem but once on a worn out seals.. witch made the piston leak onto the outside of the brake pad... I use a 4 to 6 inch " c " clamp to push back the caliper so i can install new pads...

Your brake problem sounds like the nitro may have a more problems ... call to see if there are any recalls...

imanaknut
05-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Am I going crazy, or are there two posts missing, or did I post in another thread about a brake job just like this in a parallel universe???

imanaknut
05-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Yep, there is by an amazing coincidence a second thread about brake issues going around.

I am not going nuts!!!!!!!:laugh::cool1::laugh::cool1: