PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen theSig 552-2SP Semi-Auto LEO Tradin's?

kimberkid
05-31-2011, 10:17 PM
MidWest Distributors (http://midwest-distributors.3dcartstores.com/Sig-552-2SP-Semi-Auto_p_33.html) got a few LEO SiG552-2sp, comprised completely of Swiss parts.
I guess the government can bend the 922r rules for themselves because they are being sold now as title one guns available to the public ... kinda like the DOJ did with the post 89 HK 94's a few years back, but these are much nicer.

Sniped this pic off the SiGforum ...

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/hecklerphoto/DSC_0006copy.jpg

Hoping mine will be here by the end of the week ... :cool1:

Partisan1983
06-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Very cool :thumbsup:

Schuetzenman
06-01-2011, 05:44 AM
$4000 bucks they can kiss my ass!

slamfire51
06-01-2011, 07:57 AM
$4000 bucks they can kiss my ass!

Well put. Mine is available for kissing as well.
Geeze, I have better uses for 4 grand.

kimberkid
06-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Its Supply & Demand ... the American Way!

Even back before the 89 import ban SiG 55x's were a couple grand so I look at it as an investment and since its not unfired I can shoot it! (but probably won't shoot it much)

Other 100% Swiss SiG's like the 550 and 551 are selling for $7000+ ... and the prices seem to keep going up despite the US made 556 and parts kits that are available. Of course its speculation but in a couple years I hope these 552's will be around the same if prices as the 550's & 551's if not more as there are even fewer of the 552's available and short barrel's command even higher prices.

When the DOJ traded in the post89 leo HK-94's and they sold for $2600 a few years ago, pre-ban guns were in the $4-5K range (I know because I sold mine and bought a trade-in) in less than 3 years those trade-ins had the same value as the pre-bans ... now you can't hardly find one and the clones are selling for what the genuine HK's sold for new.

Originally the matching number A2 AUG's were $1000 more than a A1 AUG and a few years ago were selling for $5500 and last I saw were around $7000 ... there were only 100 imported, 38 black and 62 green. There is one listed on Gunbroker now and out of curiosity I emailed the seller to ask his reserve ... we'll see if he answers.

The non numbers matching AUG replacement receivers guns are selling for 4K ...

I know rare guns like these aren't for everyone but they could have been if it weren't for our government :icon_delete:

Richard Simmons
06-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Politics and pricing aside I like it. Congratulations on your new fun gun.

Schuetzenman
06-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Missed the part where you actually purchased one for 4K. Damn you must have a lot of money. For 4 K it better be full auto if I'm going to buy it. I'm not into collector grade weapons. If I can't shoot it without damaging the value it doesn't get purchased.

kimberkid
06-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Missed the part where you actually purchased one for 4K. Damn you must have a lot of money. For 4 K it better be full auto if I'm going to buy it. I'm not into collector grade weapons. If I can't shoot it without damaging the value it doesn't get purchased.
Other than a Mac-11 what full auto can you get for $4K?

I don’t have lots of money but I’ve been shooting & "collecting" for 30+ years. It’s partly cash I’ve saved and I'm going to sell a couple guns I don’t shoot anyway. I almost always buy "Like New" because I do want to shoot them and a well maintained firearm will hold its value better that just about anything except real estate ... plus once you've bought it, unlike real estate, you don't have to pay taxes on them (yet). You know exotic guns like these don’t pop up often and I’ve not seen a price like this in over 10 years for a genuine SiG-55x. I use my collecting kind of like a bank account ... I put a little back a little every month but not just to watch the account grow. I want something tangible out of it ... and something I can really enjoy. I also enjoy collecting guns; I love going to gun shows meeting people and finding something special ... like when I stumbled across a pristine in the box HK P9S Target and Model4 with 3 barrel ... the negations’ and acquisition; I just get a thrill out of it!

I get a lot of leeway with my wife over my collecting because I share the benefits and because of it I've never had to hide any gun purchase from her ... I’ve bought new carpet for the entire house when she was out of town visiting her mom for a week ... she knew nothing about it, the carpet were just supposed to be cleaned. It’s amazing how happy new carpet will make a woman :) I got a lot of mileage out of that one ... with both my wife and her mom! Almost as much as when I took her wedding set in for cleaning and have the stones checked ... and without her knowledge I had the 1/4 karat main diamond replaced with a full karat ... and had the original stone matched and set into a pair of ear rings … she cried over that one. When my daughter was born in 2000 I sold my HK 91, SR9T, 93, 94 and SP89 and made a tidy profit then surprised my wife and started a collage fund for her.

One of financially dumber things I’ve done ... back in 2006 both of my safes were full and I was faced with either buying another safe or thinning the herd if I wanted to continue my collecting ... I really wanted a new sports car and I had never owned a brand new car in my life. That’s when I saw the Saturn Sky and I fell in love with it ... My wife said “Sure, you can have one if you can pay for it without making payments or touching our savings”. I ordered it and sold 36 guns to pay cash for it. Needless to say, my wife was stunned. Of course, then guns would have held their value where the car value has dropped about $7000 but so it’s a trade-off as I really enjoy putting the top down and driving the car as do my wife and daughter …the guns for the most part were just sitting in the safe not getting enjoyed!

But one of the most fun things I’ve ever done was when we bought the house we currently live in … I knew the previous owner was a shooter/hunter as I’d seen some targets and other evidence in the garage when we had toured it … negoations had gone back and forth and we were actually about 10K over what we felt comfortable with and still $2,000 apart. My wife absolutely wasn’t going to budge she wouldn’t split it or anything … she was done. His wife had the same mind set and she wasn’t going to budge either. 3 days went by and my wife told our realtor we need to find something else even though we both really liked this house (and I was tired of looking at houses) … to make a long story short, I called the owner, told him who I was and that we really like the house and asked him if there was a way we could work this out … and asked him about his shooting interests … I ended up trading him 2 AR’s for the difference … everyone was happy.

Holy Crap ... I didn't mean to write a book!

AKTexas
06-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Looks interesting and if you are happy, then hell it was worth it.

Good read. Be sure to post those pics up when you get it in or just send to me for a good testing.

Schuetzenman
06-02-2011, 06:27 AM
:sleep:

kimberkid
06-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Got the call this afternoon ... My second holy grail gun is here!

I'm no artist with a camera and here's proof :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/kimberkid/Toys/P1010180.jpg

All matching numbers, even case case has a factory label ... Can't decide if I'm going to SBR it or not ... by all rights it should be.

Schuetzenman
06-03-2011, 08:57 PM
What is that a fake can on the barrel?

FunkyPertwee
06-03-2011, 08:57 PM
SBR that bitch! Don't spend $4K on a rifle and scrump on the $200 tax.

Schuetzenman
06-03-2011, 08:58 PM

Yeah but if you screw with it and mod it will it be worth 4K afterwards? Collector guns are best left original and unmolested to hold their value.

FunkyPertwee
06-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah but if you screw with it and mod it will it be worth 4K afterwards? Collector guns are best left original and unmolested to hold their value.

Very true. My first thought was to return it to its intended configuration, but by collector standards it is already in its intended configuration.

kimberkid
06-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Of course the original configuration is SBR ... I don't know if pulling the fake can off would increase or decrease its value ... I already have a SiG-556P that is SBR'd so its not like an itch that needs scatched ...

... and its not the $200; its the rumor I've heard that if I SBR it I have to make it 922r compliant ... and I really don't want to engrave it.

My SOT says making a NFA item 922r compliant makes no sense as they are 2 different category's of firearms ... he says 922r applies only to title 1 firearms (which is of course what I wanted to hear)

It wasn't an issue when I did my other SBR's and when this allegedly changed I have no clue.

I guess what I could do is replace the fake can with a real, permently attached one ... ?

l921428x
06-04-2011, 01:55 AM
:sleep:

Always thought you were a dick. Now I am positive. You have yours and speak of it fondly from time to time, when it suits your agenda.
But you are truly an ass when others speak of theirs, it has been more than once that you whine, bitch, moan and groan about something someone else
is doing or has done.
I know this for a fact, because I know a exmember to this site because of your BULLSHIT and condescension.
With this in mind, go fuck your schuetzenman rifle.

Schuetzenman
06-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Always thought you were a dick. Now I am positive. You have yours and speak of it fondly from time to time, when it suits your agenda.
But you are truly an ass when others speak of theirs, it has been more than once that you whine, bitch, moan and groan about something someone else
is doing or has done.
I know this for a fact, because I know a exmember to this site because of your BULLSHIT and condescension.

You haven't exactly been one of the most productive, useful, helpful or knowledgable members of Gunsnet over the years. We won't miss you one itty bitty bit.

BTW why don't you name the member that left because I'm such a mean old man. I want to know what light-weight it is just in case they ever try to get back in.

kimberkid
06-04-2011, 09:53 PM

The more I think about it, thats the way I'm leaning ... do the engraving in an inconspicuous place on the barrel so it can be seen but doesn't stand out ... then if at some point in time a buyer wants a title one gun I can remove it from the registry by replacing the can with a real or fake ... hopefully it will be passed down and all that can be avoided.

Here it is with my 556P-SBR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/kimberkid/Toys/P1010188.jpg

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 07:13 AM
That does make a pretty pairing. I'll tell you what makes the cost of that seem so over the top bad to me. I've been to Switzerland and you could probably buy a used model of that rifle for under $600 US if BATFE and the stupid laws didn't get in the way.

To answer your earlier question on what full auto for $4k other than an M11, the answer is the M11 maybe the only choice, with possibly a Sten in there somewhere. But neither is going to happen any time soon which means it never will happen. SBR's and a can or two is about all the title II weapons I'm likely to ever own unless I hit lotto.

Richard Simmons
06-05-2011, 08:00 AM
The more I think about it, thats the way I'm leaning ... do the engraving in an inconspicuous place on the barrel so it can be seen but doesn't stand out ... then if at some point in time a buyer wants a title one gun I can remove it from the registry by replacing the can with a real or fake ... hopefully it will be passed down and all that can be avoided.

Here it is with my 556P-SBR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/kimberkid/Toys/P1010188.jpg

Since you already have a similar gun that is SBR if it were mine I'd leave it like it is. It's a good looking and already rather unique firearm. Congrats again.

AKTexas
06-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Kimber you have some nice toys. I have always enjoyed the pics you have posted over the years. Some very cool stuff indeed!

gpwasr10
06-06-2011, 09:33 AM
is doing or has done.
Yeah Schuetz is a dick, but this site is bursting at the seems with assholes. Apart of the charm here at G'net is that we let freedom of speech and opinion roll without badgering people for it; it's apart of why we all like this community so much, a place to speak your mins with little to no filter, and since we are adults, the thought is that we cal all handle it. If you would like to try out a more PC site, I could point you in some directions via PM (Mostly places that have either banned me, or I have banned them).

That is a sweet gun Kimber, no doubt, and you'll probably be the only kid on your block with one. $4k is a little steep for me, but Sigs aren't really my bag. Still though, I'd love to shoot it.