PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Volley and Bayonet Charge

slamfire51
05-31-2011, 10:42 PM
LOL, something different at the range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcXVVlqT1W4&feature=player_embedded

FunkyPertwee
05-31-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't think I would trust the discipline of those individuals during a conflict, but that was a good reminder of the power of volley fire. Certainly five good men or so who trusted each other could make good use of volley fire if limited to single shot weapons.

slamfire51
05-31-2011, 10:52 PM
I agree.
It reminds me of the Civil War reenactment I went to a few yrs ago in Franklin, TN.
A musket volley is awesome, not to mention the accompanying cannon volley.

Schuetzenman
06-01-2011, 06:08 AM
I don't think I would trust the discipline of those individuals during a conflict, but that was a good reminder of the power of volley fire. Certainly five good men or so who trusted each other could make good use of volley fire if limited to single shot weapons.

Technically the Mosin Nagant is a Repeater as it has a magazine that holds 5 rounds.

Penguin
06-01-2011, 06:39 AM
That looked like fun.

Solidus-snake
06-01-2011, 08:13 AM
I've always wanted to do that :)

TomO
06-01-2011, 12:02 PM

It was also a demonstration of how embarrassing it can be to drop your bayonet in the middle of a charge. :D

payback
06-30-2011, 09:33 PM
everyone lowers their rifles to work the bolt

mrkalashnikov
07-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Too bad they didn't get the .50 Ma Duece going to add to the fireworks.

old Grump
07-03-2011, 03:26 PM
LOL, something different at the range.

I hope that wasn't you with the finger. all I could think of was half the people didn't have muffs or plugs that I could see, Everybody lowered the rifle to work the bolt and most of those guys are half my age and don't run down range any better than I do. The late shooters didn't bother me, at least they knew the guns were empty when they went down range but what was with the pick up truck as target? At any rate it looked like a fun day.

Actually discipline wasn't bad for a weekend crowd considering a lot of them were probably never in the military or in team sports. I saw some crap on the range I was running when the MP's were qualifying that would have made these guys look like Rhode Scholars. Not all of them but there were a few including the 2nd Lt. who I sent packing.

ltorlo64
07-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I would have loved to see the effect, real time, on one of the targets.

was_peacemaker
01-28-2012, 04:12 AM
That was a pretty cool video. Everyone loves the bayonet charge! LOL

Solidus-snake
01-28-2012, 07:00 AM
everyone lowers their rifles to work the bolt

Well remember they ARE shooting Mosins, some may have the sticky bolt problem but not all of them should have been doing so.

I did this a month ago with my two cousins. We did 5 simultaneous rounds as well as 5 rounds in succession for sort of a form of suppressing fire. Then ended in a charge :) We all three are very familiar with Mosins and the charge was pretty well done, I already showed them before how we did the bayonet charge in bootcamp.

I agree with Funky, if we had two more shooters with us we could have done some pretty great volley fire. Still the targets we shot were decimated with just us three. I actually "decapitated" the plywood target with a buttstroke lol.