PDA

View Full Version : Having background color issue.

NewbieAKguy
08-05-2010, 06:32 AM
When I first come to the main page of gunsnet it'll be in the blackened background, which I picked for my background. But when I log in it'll be in the white default background, even when it says blackened at the bottom. To blacken I have to click default, then click blacken again. Don't know if anybody else has had this issue.

Thanks. Place is still great though!

videodon
08-05-2010, 06:34 AM
I'm seeing that also.

Guns Network Staff
08-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Try clearing your cookies and then logging in and refreshing your screen.

I had the problem myself yesterday all because I added another style then deleted it because it did not look the way I wanted it to.

I logged off and the cleared my cookies, then logged back on and changed the sytle with no problem.

NewbieAKguy
08-05-2010, 08:04 AM
I'll give that a go. Will I have to delete cookies every time?

Guns Network Staff
08-05-2010, 08:30 AM
no because this problem that was caused was because I tried another style set and then deleted it.

Krupski
08-05-2010, 09:05 AM
When I first come to the main page of gunsnet it'll be in the blackened background, which I picked for my background. But when I log in it'll be in the white default background, even when it says blackened at the bottom. To blacken I have to click default, then click blacken again. Don't know if anybody else has had this issue.

I just have the full URL to the forum in my bookmark, so when I click it I go right in (bypass the "portal").

Go to http://www.gunsnet.net/forum.php instead of http://www.gunsnet.net

Simple as that.

slamfire51
08-06-2010, 03:45 PM

I'm having the opposite problem.
The portal stays black now matter what. I've logged out, cleared cookies, logged back in and chose the default background 2 or 3 times.
Comes up blackened. I want the white background in the portal. All other forums are white, which is what I prefer.

cciota
08-06-2010, 03:53 PM
The portal stays black now matter what. I've logged out, cleared cookies, logged back in and chose the default background 2 or 3 times.
Comes up blackened. I want the white background in the portal. All other forums are white, which is what I prefer.

Racist!

slamfire51
08-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Racist!

I can be whoever I choose......na na na

Guns Network Staff
08-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Thats because the default for the portal is blackend on purpose. I did this so newer members could see a the two different styles for Guns Network.

slamfire51
08-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Thats because the default for the portal is blackend on purpose. I did this so newer members could see a the two different styles for Guns Network.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Just think how many brain cells I lost trying to figure this one out. I don't have that many to start with.