PDA

View Full Version : Norinco NHM-91

68rs327
06-05-2011, 07:36 AM
I have the chance to buy a Norinco NHM-91 AK Rifle from a friend.
The gun looks great. Wondering what it is worth?
I am not fimiliar with the NHM-91's or their values?
You don't see many 91's around my parts. Mostly WASR's and MAK's.
The long barrel looks odd? But I guess they are more rare than a regular AK?
And is From China.
So what's the going price on todays market?

bovver
06-05-2011, 08:09 AM
I would say around 500-550.

alismith
06-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Any Chinese NHM-91 is a good rifle and built to last a lifetime, or two. You can't go wrong with it. Add to this that they are no longer importable. What's here is here and that's it. I love mine and would never consider selling it.

The longer barrel is a plus.

Quality all the way.

I doubt the price will ever go down, so, as long as he's not gouging you on the price, it will be worth it.

romak10/63UF
06-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I seen a NHM 91 national match going for 650 ... so yea if you can buy it for any less that would be a plus... does it come with magazines ? is the stock beat up ? does it come with the bipod ?

68rs327
06-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I seen a NHM 91 national match going for 650 ... so yea if you can buy it for any less that would be a plus... does it come with magazines ? is the stock beat up ? does it come with the bipod ?

He has (6) 30 round mags to go with it and 500 rds of ammo and he added a wood Dragunov Stock and has the original thumb hole stock.

I am going to make him an offer when I get back from vacation.
The longer barrel will have to take some getting use to. All the AK's I have had were the regular barrel length. The NHM 91 can keep my milled MAK90 company.
I am stupid when it comes to the NHM 91. I know the AK47 was the choice rifle of the Chinese Army, But what did they use the NHM-91 for? Snipers?
Any photos of the NHM 91 in use by the Military?

imanaknut
06-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

I believe the NHM-91 was just Norinco's attempt to try to find something that would sell in the land of shall not be infringed. Unfortunately between George Bush the First and his fear of evil features, and william jefferson clinton and his congress banning everything by name, the Chinese never got a chance to find what would sell here.

Regardless, all their rifles were very well made, with great feel to their fire control group, and thicker receivers for added strength to an already robust design.

You probably won't find several Chinese imports used by any military because they were all commercial rifles built to be sold to those of us who were slowly seeing our right vanish.

As said, the NHM91 has been selling in the $500 to $600 range with one or two mags. Since your friend also has ammo and a few extra mags, you can figure about $10 per mag and 500 rounds of ammo is around $100 lately. As for the Drag stock, that is purely up to you if you like it whether it is worth anything.

68rs327
06-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

I believe the NHM-91 was just Norinco's attempt to try to find something that would sell in the land of shall not be infringed. Unfortunately between George Bush the First and his fear of evil features, and william jefferson clinton and his congress banning everything by name, the Chinese never got a chance to find what would sell here.

Regardless, all their rifles were very well made, with great feel to their fire control group, and thicker receivers for added strength to an already robust design.

You probably won't find several Chinese imports used by any military because they were all commercial rifles built to be sold to those of us who were slowly seeing our right vanish.

As said, the NHM91 has been selling in the $500 to $600 range with one or two mags. Since your friend also has ammo and a few extra mags, you can figure about $10 per mag and 500 rounds of ammo is around $100 lately. As for the Drag stock, that is purely up to you if you like it whether it is worth anything.

Thanks for the help guys. I will let you know how it goes when I get back from vacation to look at the gun. I hope I can get it to keep MAK company. ;)

antijorge
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm in Texas and I'm getting one for $340.

http://www.fosterfirearms.com

He is still working on his website and he just started so there's not much up, but he's got a bunch for sale in his shop.

He's between Bryan and Hearn, Texas.

68rs327
06-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm in Texas and I'm getting one for $340.

http://www.fosterfirearms.com

He is still working on his website and he just started so there's not much up, but he's got a bunch for sale in his shop.

He's between Bryan and Hearn, Texas.

If you can get them for $340 you better buy all he has for sale. You could put them on gunbroker and make a nice profit.

insider
06-14-2011, 04:40 AM
For some reason the NHM-91 is not a very popular rifle, more people favor the standard length barreled AK's. The whole time I had one, all I kept thinking about was cutting the barrel shorter.The bipod sucked, no matter how much you tightened it, one of the legs always collapsed, the buttstock split apart at the tang, and the overall length made it very unwieldy. You either like it, or hate it.