PDA

View Full Version : Need info on preban poly tech stamped sidefolder w/wood furniture.

jmurda
06-05-2011, 08:46 AM
need info please. Stamped poly tech (386) CS-0 69XX Model AKS 762 CAL. 762x39MM SEMI AUTO, POLY TECH BEIJING, CHINA. Imorted by KFS Atlanta Ga. Has wood hand grips and checkered wood pistol grip and Galil type stock. Can someone tell me if this is rare? What is its value? thanks.

romak10/63UF
06-05-2011, 11:18 AM
low balling 800.00 highs of around 1,200.00 up to 1,800.oo if brand new in the box never been shot.. sold to some one with alot of money ...i would personally think 900.00 would be a decent value if it is a milled reciver 800 or less if its a stamped... have you tried looking on Gunbroker.com to see what other people are selling theres for ?:thguns:

imanaknut
06-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Funny story behind the AKS-762 with the "Galil" style side folder. I had a nice conversation with David Keng a long time ago about this rifle, and like the other rifles from China, Keng was trying to figure out what would sell here.

After finding that the standard side folder was not selling as well as he expected, he saw a Galil and told the Chinese that he wanted a few with that style side folder. Unfortunately he forgot to tell them to change the serial number series on the rifles, so when the shipment came in, the Galil style were mixed in with the standard side folder. Both had the same serial number prefix, CS (386 -Side folding stock) and David said he sold several before realizing that he should have separated them to see how many he actually received. He told me there was basically one shipment but the true number imported could be anywhere from the minimum order of 200 to about 400 as I remember the conversation.

The funny thing is you seem to find more of the Galil style side folders for sale than you do the standard, but that probably is because he didn't order many of them either.

Value today is getting crazy because of all the new people finding the AK rifles, and the fact that the Chinese have been banned by some who forget the meaning of shall not be infringed. I would say in today's prices $1200 for one in very good used condition to almost the sky is the limit for one new in box. Check Gunbroker for prices, and look at past auctions that actually sold to get an idea of true prices. Search both "Poly Tech" and "Polytech" since many people don't realize that the Chinese exporter was "Poly Technologies" :D

jmurda
06-05-2011, 10:43 PM
ok guys, thanks for that info. I did a google search as well as gunbroker search and didnt find many poly tech sidefolders at all. A couple sold a few years ago for $800 or $900. But $1000 to $1200 seems about right for now. Im trying to sell this ak for my ex. She was ready to take it to a gun dealer to sell. Probably would have got about 6 or 7 for it. Thanks again, info and advice was a big help.