PDA

View Full Version : Explain the Chinese thing to the newbie.

68rs327
06-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Why is it the US wont let Chinese AK's into the US? We import all kinds of AK's from Poland, Romania, Russia, Hungary and others. So Why not China. Everything you buy at Walmart is made in China. So what is the deal with guns? I really don't understand.

tank_monkey
06-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Why is it the US wont let Chinese AK's into the US? We import all kinds of AK's from Poland, Romania, Russia, Hungary and others. So Why not China. Everything you buy at Walmart is made in China. So what is the deal with guns? I really don't understand.

You can thank BILL CLINTON. When he was negotiating most favored nation status with CHINA, he made a specific demand from the Chinese. He knew that Chinese guns were not only popular, but they were dumping their cheap ammo here as well (7.62x39, 9mm, 5.56mm, .308, etc.). CLINTON demanded that in order to approve the trade agreement with the U.S., China cease and desist from exporting ANY FIREARMS or FIREARMS related material to the U.S. Since firearms are a super SMALL percentage of their overall exports to the U.S., China agreed. In their minds, sacrificing less than 1% of their imports was acceptable to get the other 99% (clocks, furniture, clothes, manufactured goods, electronics, etc.) to the lucrative U.S. Market.

CLINTON was a fucker in many ways. He was and still is the MOST ANTI 2nd Amendment President in history. Other presidents have done bad things or allowed bad things to happen, but that was in response to INTENSE PRESSURE. Clinton was under NO PRESSURE. He delighted in fucking over gun owners.

Contrary to some claims, there WAS NO executive Order banning the imports from CHina. Clinton temporariliy banned imports himself (which he can only do in a limited window) until he could wring the "no gun sales to US" concessions from the Chinese during trade agreements.

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Well you know tank_monkey has nailed it so perfectly there's really nothing more to say on the subject.! Well done sir!

68rs327
06-05-2011, 07:56 PM
You can thank BILL CLINTON. When he was negotiating most favored nation status with CHINA, he made a specific demand from the Chinese. He knew that Chinese guns were not only popular, but they were dumping their cheap ammo here as well (7.62x39, 9mm, 5.56mm, .308, etc.). CLINTON demanded that in order to approve the trade agreement with the U.S., China cease and desist from exporting ANY FIREARMS or FIREARMS related material to the U.S. Since firearms are a super SMALL percentage of their overall exports to the U.S., China agreed. In their minds, sacrificing less than 1% of their imports was acceptable to get the other 99% (clocks, furniture, clothes, manufactured goods, electronics, etc.) to the lucrative U.S. Market.

CLINTON was a fucker in many ways. He was and still is the MOST ANTI 2nd Amendment President in history. Other presidents have done bad things or allowed bad things to happen, but that was in response to INTENSE PRESSURE. Clinton was under NO PRESSURE. He delighted in fucking over gun owners.

Contrary to some claims, there WAS NO executive Order banning the imports from CHina. Clinton temporariliy banned imports himself (which he can only do in a limited window) until he could wring the "no gun sales to US" concessions from the Chinese during trade agreements.

Thank you for your reply, I understand it all now. Kinda screwed over the Right to Bear Arms the founding fathers put in place!
Can't a new president over turn this policy?

romak10/63UF
06-05-2011, 07:56 PM
DAMN YOU BILL CLINTON ! :laugh:

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Thank you for your reply, I understand it all now. Kinda screwed over the Right to Bear Arms the founding fathers put in place!

Not sure if they can. Which brings up one more bit of Bill Kliton shitting on gun importation. He paid the Russians over 800,000 million to not export the Russian SKS rifles to the US. Russian SKS rifles were about $125 to $145 depending on hardwood or laminated stocks in 1994 / 1995. Then the pay off and no more came in. They have millions of them over there but they won't surplus them to the US.

68rs327
06-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Wish I had kept my Russian SKS, with bayonet and laminated stock. Bought it cheap in the early 90's and thought I was making a killing when I doubled my money. Think I made a little over $100. This was back when I was young and dumb.

tank_monkey
06-07-2011, 01:28 AM

How? It's a trade agreement. It's something like 400 pages long. And the firearms clause is just one paragraph in all of that. In order to undo that, one would have to renegotiate the entire agreement. Trade Agreements are like treaties. It takes ALOT to change or eliminate one. That's why CLINTON is such a fucker. He KNEW that an E.O. could be undone with a strike of the pen of another president. He knew what he was doing. Which is why I still hate the man. :soapbox:

TB215
06-16-2011, 08:18 PM
You guys forgot to mention Norinco trying to sell AKs illegally to US gangstas.

68rs327
06-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I just read about this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco

Importations of most Norinco firearms and ammunition into the United States were blocked during the Clinton Administration in 1993 under new trade rules when China's Most Favored Nation status was renewed. Concerns about their use by criminals in inner cities was the main reason put forward for the prohibition. The prohibition did not apply to sporting shotguns or shotgun ammunition however.

In 1994, some employees of Norinco came under federal investigation from both the FBI as well as the ATF after a successful sting dubbed "Operation Dragon Fire." In May 1996, in what was called "the largest seizure of fully operational automatic weapons in U.S. history,"[6] 14 individuals and an Atlanta, Georgia company were indicted for the unlicensed importation and sale of 2,000 Type 56's into the United States. U.S. Customs agents posing as arms traffickers convinced a group of Chinese arms dealers, including three Norinco representatives, that they were in the market to buy guns for drug rings and street gangs.[7] "The defendants offered the government undercover agents more sophisticated weapons, including hand-held rocket launchers, mortars, anti-aircraft missiles, silenced machine guns and even tanks," said Wayne Yamashita of the U.S. Customs Service.[8] The Customs Service discovered during the investigation that these weapons were bound for Oakland, California street gangs.[9] According to an affidavit signed by two of the undercover agents involved in the investigation, representatives from Norinco offered to sell urban gangs shoulder-held missile launchers capable of downing a large commercial airliner.

In August 2003, the Bush Administration imposed sanctions on Norinco for allegedly selling missile-related goods to Iran.[9] While not formally joining the multinational effort to restrict the proliferation of missiles, China did promise in 2000, not to assist in any way the development by other countries of MTCR-class missile technology. Neither the Chinese government nor Norinco has denied doing business with Iranian companies, although they did deny that it was for missile related purposes at the Shahid Hemmat Industrial Group, Iran's key manufacturer of ballistic and non ballistic missiles.[10] Norinco has called the sanctions "groundless and unjustified" and "entirely unreasonable."[11]

These sanctions led to a prohibition on imports into the US of the remaining types of firearms and ammunition not covered by the 1993 ban.

Never good to sell Full Auto AK's, RPG's and even Tanks to a under cover ATF Agent.... Wow!

insider
06-19-2011, 05:28 AM
Never good to sell Full Auto AK's, RPG's and even Tanks to a under cover ATF Agent.... Wow!
Yes, it's better to sell weapons to Mexican Gangs instead.

romak10/63UF
06-19-2011, 10:29 AM
I just read about this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco

Importations of most Norinco firearms and ammunition into the United States were blocked during the Clinton Administration in 1993 under new trade rules when China's Most Favored Nation status was renewed. Concerns about their use by criminals in inner cities was the main reason put forward for the prohibition. The prohibition did not apply to sporting shotguns or shotgun ammunition however.

In 1994, some employees of Norinco came under federal investigation from both the FBI as well as the ATF after a successful sting dubbed "Operation Dragon Fire." In May 1996, in what was called "the largest seizure of fully operational automatic weapons in U.S. history,"[6] 14 individuals and an Atlanta, Georgia company were indicted for the unlicensed importation and sale of 2,000 Type 56's into the United States. U.S. Customs agents posing as arms traffickers convinced a group of Chinese arms dealers, including three Norinco representatives, that they were in the market to buy guns for drug rings and street gangs.[7] "The defendants offered the government undercover agents more sophisticated weapons, including hand-held rocket launchers, mortars, anti-aircraft missiles, silenced machine guns and even tanks," said Wayne Yamashita of the U.S. Customs Service.[8] The Customs Service discovered during the investigation that these weapons were bound for Oakland, California street gangs.[9] According to an affidavit signed by two of the undercover agents involved in the investigation, representatives from Norinco offered to sell urban gangs shoulder-held missile launchers capable of downing a large commercial airliner.

In August 2003, the Bush Administration imposed sanctions on Norinco for allegedly selling missile-related goods to Iran.[9] While not formally joining the multinational effort to restrict the proliferation of missiles, China did promise in 2000, not to assist in any way the development by other countries of MTCR-class missile technology. Neither the Chinese government nor Norinco has denied doing business with Iranian companies, although they did deny that it was for missile related purposes at the Shahid Hemmat Industrial Group, Iran's key manufacturer of ballistic and non ballistic missiles.[10] Norinco has called the sanctions "groundless and unjustified" and "entirely unreasonable."[11]

These sanctions led to a prohibition on imports into the US of the remaining types of firearms and ammunition not covered by the 1993 ban.

Thats the last thing we need gang members with RPGS ? an TANKS ? The chinese dont %uck around huh ? dont mess with them asian people... did you not watch the movie " Fast and the Furious 1 " the asian gang shoots up your car with a UZI

FunkyPertwee
06-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes, it's better to sell weapons to Mexican Gangs instead.

...and then have the ATF blame it on us! :swear: