PDA

View Full Version : Did some trading recently.

AKTexas
06-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I traded my Saiga-410 for an AR recently. The 410 was a bunch of fun but limited. I had it listed for about a month. I was offered a PX4 storm carbine, a RRA 9mm AR, a Calico 100 22lr, a raging bull 454, tactical sks, numerous XDs, a Desert Eagle MKI, and a few other firearms plus a ton a shit like tattoos, tattoo guns, welders, tools, etc.

It came down to three offers, the PX4, the RRA 9mm AR and the AR I ended up with. The PX4 could not figure out how to arrange to meet up, the RRA never responded to emails or calls after he offered. The AR I ended up with ended up being the only one not a flake.

What I got is a Dreadnought Industries Multi-caliber 20" HBAR with M4 feed ramps, flat-top. The rifle came with a DPMS 6 position stock, Sniper grip, NC star 2 piece quad rail, Harris non swivel bi-pod 12"-27" I think, I have not checked for certain but I can sit in a chair with the legs fully extended. 8 30 rd mags, 2 Brownells, 1 Colt, 2 Okay Industries and 3 without markings, 300 rounds of ammo on stripper clips, 4 stripper guides, hard case and a new ammo can. The rifle is used with a round count of maybe 500, it was clean but not kind of clean. Bore is chrome lined as is the chamber. I changed the sniper grip out with my A2 grip and added the carry handle sight.

I had my uncle take it out last Sunday since I was unable to get to the range at all. He had fired 10 rds of Radway Green and 10 rds of the ammo that came with it.

He shot 4 groups. 1st group needed adjustment to elevation but was a tight 1.5", the remainder of the groups were point of aim 1.5" @50 yards.

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/AKTexas1973/Guns/AR-1.jpg

imanaknut
06-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Looks like a nice long range set-up. Now you just need a reach out and touch something scope! ENJOY!!!

AKTexas
06-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Looks like a nice long range set-up. Now you just need a reach out and touch something scope! ENJOY!!!

Yes a scope is needed. My boy bless his poor eyes he got them from his mom. He cannot focus well enough for peep sights. So when we get back I'm going to order the rings and mount a Nikon scope for him to shoot it. He has claimed this rifle as his which is great. I still have receivers to build for other builds.

kimberkid
06-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Wow! Looks and sounds like you made a great deal!

I didn't realize the value of a Saiga 410 had gone up that much ... I remember them not selling for $249 at SOG and CDNN, was interested but couldn't bring myself to "waste" my time or money on one ... wrong again!

Hope your son enjoys and appreciates his new toy!

AKTexas
06-09-2011, 12:55 PM
The unconverted 410s are going for about $450 on the high end. I actually traded another Saiga for it. I had a 20" .223 Saiga converted I only had $400 in that rifle and I wanted the 410 for quite some time. Just like the S-12 it had limited use. I was asking $800.00 as a trade value. I put no money into it when I got it.

I got what I was after.

It will be 2 weeks before I get to shoot it. We are heading to Florida Friday and won't be back until the 20th. I need to get the scope and mount for it when I get back.

blobman
06-10-2011, 06:21 PM
man ,maybe i should list my 545X39 here