PDA

View Full Version : Yugo M70 vs Hungarian AMD 65

Gun497
06-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I've narrowed my choice of AK to the M70 or AMD 65. I like the underfolder feature of the M70, but I also like the forward handgrip of the AMD 65. What's the general thought of which is the better choice? Can I get a AMD with an underfolder stock?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

imanaknut
06-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Unfortunately if you want the underfolder, the Yugo is the way to go. The AMD-65 is only available in a side folder unless you build one yourself using a receiver designed for an underfolding stock, and install the AMD front end on it. It would make for an interesting mutt!

The Yugo is a great rifle with a good stout heavy receiver. Nice rifles at reasonable prices.

The AMD-65 was designed to be a super lightweight variant, hence the thin single strut sidefolder, no upper handguard, and thin metal lower handguard using a light weight grip for something to hang onto. It also has a shorter barrel in non-ATF form which not only saves more weight, but makes it easier to transport. We unfortunately lose that here with the restrictions put on our rights.

Personally the AMD-65 is one of my favorite shooters, but I also have a Yugo for days when I am in a different mood. :D

68rs327
06-10-2011, 11:03 AM
I've narrowed my choice of AK to the M70 or AMD 65. I like the underfolder feature of the M70, but I also like the forward handgrip of the AMD 65. What's the general thought of which is the better choice? Can I get a AMD with an underfolder stock?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I have also been looking at the AMD-65. Centerfiresystems.com has them on sale for $399 Great Deal. The are made on the FEG Receiver and are suppose to be well built rifles. From what I read, they are LOUD and the short barrel limits accuracy? From what I also read is they may be hard to get in the future? Go to youtube.com and you can find a really goood review on the AMD-65. As far as the underfolder goes, I know nothing about them. They look Cool, but I have heard a side folder if more stable while shooting that the underfolder? I am sure both have pros and cons, but both will serve the purpose they were designed for, shooting..