PDA

View Full Version : Another example of "good" economic news: global perfect storm 2013...

O.S.O.K.
06-13-2011, 01:11 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/roubini-says-perfect-storm-may-clobber-global-economy-143152963.html

Great. Just great. But if things can hold off until 2013, I will be surprised...

ATAK, Inc.
06-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Who ever said that the Mayan prediction for 12-21-2012 was a cataclismic natural disaster?

A man made disaster, economic or otherwise, could topple our civilization.

Or not! Remember, this guy said there is a 1 in 3 chance, that means we have a 66.6666666% chance of surviving the current economic crap.

O.S.O.K.
06-13-2011, 02:41 PM
This is just one professor of course. But we are seeing death, dieing and despare from all quarters. And for good reason.

The only people that don't seem tuned into the dangers looming on the horizon are our illustrious political leaders...

ATAK, Inc.
06-13-2011, 02:55 PM
This is just one professor of course. But we are seeing death, dieing and despare from all quarters. And for good reason.

The only people that don't seem tuned into the dangers looming on the horizon are our illustrious political leaders...

I think our so-called leaders are very well tuned in, and use the dangers to compound fear and to create/change law to suit their purpose.

They don't worry about them cause they feel insulated from any problems that the masses have to deal with.

(AK)1000shots
06-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Seems like an excellent time to start investing.

And by investing, I mean purchase ammunition, and teaching your families (if they don't already know), how to operate and maintain firearms.

Sergi762
06-13-2011, 03:32 PM
I dunno if this helps the OP but I have never in my memory seen such a pitiful plus figure..+1.06... I kid you not ONE point up.Recovery my ass! and let this be even more diarrhea sauce on this big ole crap sundae : FTSE 100 -82.88, Nikkei 225 -66.23,
No faith in the dollar left Greece is a bomb waiting to go off and if the Fed or Obumma pulls another stimulus we are all bum******...No jobs of any substantial nature,if I went on with the full list all of you work puke in outright disgust.. I dunno about y'all but I have had enough.

Penguin
06-13-2011, 05:07 PM
I fail to see the big surprise. I could have told you this.

Warthogg
06-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Roubini's perfect storm consists of four factors:

1 -The U.S.'s basket-case of an economy and budget deficit,
2 -A potential slowdown in China,
3 -European debt restructuring and
4 -Stagnation in Japan.

"Everybody's kicking the can down the road of too much public and private debt. The can is becoming heavier and heavier, and bigger on debt, and all these problems may come to a head by 2013 at the latest."

First, Roubini is the real deal.

Next 1, 3 and 4 are happening now.

No 2...China slow down is almost inevitable.

Wart

insider
06-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Seems like an excellent time to start investing.

And by investing, I mean purchase ammunition, and teaching your families (if they don't already know), how to operate and maintain firearms.
And who are you going to shoot???

1 Patriot-of-many
06-14-2011, 04:35 AM
And who are you going to shoot???

How about all the people that are going to surge from the cities starving and willing to kill everybody in our houses who prepared....

mriddick
06-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Won't happen, chances are your biggest concern will be your neighbors trying to steal little items they need (gas cans, equipment they've broke, building supplies, etc...). Even in the 30's people didn't starve, hungry people are easily enough to fix that even a bureaucrat can do it :) .

O.S.O.K.
06-14-2011, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. There's already an increase in violence accross the country and things have just begun to get a little uncomfortable - in comparisson to what they will be. Notice the increasing 'group theft' that's going on too - where 20 or 30 dimocrats descend upon a c-store and proceed to clean it out. That's going on NOW.

If you've ever witnessed a line of dimocrats at the post office on Friday - all waiting for their "paychecks", you will get a little taste.

If the checks stop coming or can't buy enough, then you will see riots and looting and outbreaks of violence in the urban areas - think Watts riots but all over the country. And then, after they've destroyed their home turf, they will turn to the surrounding areas. They won't just quiet down like they've done previously. Remember, no money, no crack, no cigs, no colt 45, etc. and they just burned down all of the mickey d's and burger queens.

Whole areas will become either war zones or no-man's lands due to these surging populations of criminals. Expect fighting in the streets in all areas in the NE - they are just so geographically condensed that these mobs can actually travel on foot and get to the juicy areas. Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Memphis, etc. suburbs will be on fire. Anywhere near a city that has a standing population of dependents will see trouble. Rural areas with small towns with them will also see them misbehave but they will be contained there - only because they will be in smaller incremental units - they need numbers to cause the most trouble.

Of course, the government will have the troops out but it won't be enough - they can't handle a nation-wide outbreak. They couldn't handle just the NE.

Your neighbors will be a problem too of course, but this will be basically the bottom of your socio-economic strata in your area that you need to watch for and the local police and Sheriff might be able to handle it.

I would expect and hope that citizen militia would spring up all over to work with the LEO's - in the rural areas. I would expect this in suburban areas too but I think things will happen too quicky and people will leave ahead of the mobs.

Of course, if this all comes to pass, then the trucks will not be getting through a lot of areas and it will be a very short time that shortages of everything will be the norm. Let alone that the distribution centers will be looted and burned to the ground once emptied.

I would expect that this would be the situation for many months before it subsides - because people wouldn't have food and will just have to stop.

At that point, a recovery can be instituted.

And I would expect that this will ignite in Europe before it starts here...

China will be watching and planning an invasion. I have no doubt about that.

Sergi762
06-14-2011, 12:33 PM
......And I would expect that this will ignite in Europe before it starts here...

China will be watching and planning an invasion. I have no doubt about that.

Over my dead body China will get here, no way in Hell will I allow those two timing Marxist demons set foot in Dixie..they might get Boston but they got another thing coming if the try Atlanta or Kennesaw. Chairman Mao's buddies can join William Tecumseh Sherman in Hell!!!