PDA

View Full Version : adjustable windage rear sight

steve
06-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Greetings: I don't know if i've ever posted on this site before, but I've started getting into the aks. I would like to know if a rear sight from an akm (east german) will fit on a wasr?

AKTexas
06-15-2011, 11:05 PM
I would say any AKM rear sight would fit. I'm not a 100% but I'm pretty sure you would be fine using a RPK style sight without issue.

Welcome to the forum and the addiction.

steve
06-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the come back, I should have asked this question before I ordered one from northridge, but I know they seem hard to comeby,so I ordered one hoping for the best.

AKTexas
06-15-2011, 11:13 PM
I have a RPK sight on one of my rifles and I compared it to other sights to see the comparison before. I put a peep sight on the rifle but ended up putting the RPK sight back on. I'm just not a certain if it is standard on all makes and models.

Post more and post some pics.

steve
06-15-2011, 11:37 PM
I do have an rpk sight on my arsenal inc. sam 7 and I like it a lot, I don't think the range markings match the gun right but I don't care about that, I set it to a general combat setting and it works great, I just like to be able to quickly adjust for wind conditions.

mattg
08-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Anyone ever try the Meprolight night sights? I get confused when I see the two versions. One is graduated to 800 meters but evidently only fits the Norinco. While the other is graduated to 1000 meters but only fits AKM style rifles. Can anyone clear this up? My Bulgarian has a 800 meter stock rear sight.