PDA

View Full Version : Another job interview tommorow....can't sleep......

Ruskiegunlover
06-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Monday, I was icing my gammy leg, the phone rang, and it was a principal from one of the best high schools in my city. I had not applied to his school, but he wanted to know if I had accepted any contracts, or was still entertaining interviews. Again, I had not applied to his school, they had not even posted a job yet (did one day later), and I was caught off guard. So, tommorow early in the afternoon I am hobbling into his office to talk about teaching. I feel pretty good, have everything ready.....gonna write some good questions tommorow morning to ask in the interview. Guess we'll see. If I get the job, I am likely getting an m91/30 sniper repro, so lets hope I get it.....Hell, I probably won't know for another week or two anyway.......its the waiting during the job search that is the most stressful. For me, more stressful than the interview itself.....just waiting to hear. The last one.....well, not sure how it went. Just did not feel right. I'll know on that one next week.

Oh, this schools social studies department is part of the IB program......so it would be something to get a job as a first year teacher there........

Need to go to bed, going to spend the morning prepping more......we'll see......

l921428x
06-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Good luck.

cevulirn
06-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Would it go amiss if I said 'Break a leg' ???

old Grump
06-16-2011, 03:12 AM
Would it go amiss if I said 'Break a leg' ???
Yeah, he already did everything but break a leg, maybe more better to tell him to walk very slowly and carefully. Better yet get a dadburn wheel chair with a large storage compartment for ammunition and sit at a shooting bench for a month with his new M91/30. He can't get in trouble shooting can he? :sniper:

Schuetzenman
06-16-2011, 05:54 AM
What ever you do, don't mention firearms or shooting or gun collecting. Kiss of death on an interview.

Ruskiegunlover
06-16-2011, 09:47 AM
yeah, would never mention ANY of that. I have mentioned that I am a big outdoorsman, like hiking, camping, swimming........

Ruskiegunlover
06-16-2011, 03:10 PM
wow, this one went well. VERY well.....we'll see. Interview went over an hour, I established a GREAT relationship with the 3 people interviewing me, was very comfortable. At one, point, they were talking like they had already offered me a job, and in my head I frantically started going over what they had said in the previous few minutes to see if I had missed something in the conversation......went well. They said they had 5-6 more interviews, that they'd make a decision about tuesday or wednesday next week, and I said I'd check in wednesday. So, we'll see. BUT, at least, even if I do not get it, I know its not because I fumbled something or screwed up an answer. I rocked it....

old Grump
06-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Pulling for you man, now get some range time to clear your head.

O.S.O.K.
06-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Kick ass and take names :D

Schuetzenman
06-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Good luck with it.

Ruskiegunlover
06-16-2011, 09:33 PM
tommorow, going shooting with a friend....going to dump about 210 rounds out of my yugo tokarev, 50 out of the new bulgy mak, and maybe 100 out of my cz75.......really pestering the wife about getting an m91/30 repro sniper.......working on her a bit. Not until I officially get the job, and who knows. By the end of next week, I'll either be employed and ordering a rifle or still unemployed and job searching.......