PDA

View Full Version : For those who prefer feathers. (arrow)

arcangel
06-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Another primitive style arrow, I was too bored to not make some. I found some goose feathers in the woods by the river as I was scouting for some bow wood. Used a fire hardened branch for the shaft, sewing string, and pine sap as glue, and microwave metal as the broadhead. I'll be back out there tomorrow to search for more feathers. I'd like to take some proper made arrows for a hunt with an elm lonbow Im almost finished with. I also got my hands on a Eastern Red Cedar tree thats going to be my next 3 longbows. Very excited to have some Cedar now.

O.S.O.K.
06-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Now that's a primitive lookin arrow. How's it shoot?

Schuetzenman
06-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Yep, looks real stone ageish.

arcangel
06-16-2011, 08:31 PM
So far with the osage bow kinda right, easy to compensate for. But hits very hard and fast due to the slim broadhead.

btcave
06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
A work of art Arcangel. Did you use real gut to lash the feathers and projectile point? If so, how did you prepare it? Or is it a thread of some sort.

old Grump
06-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Can't wait for you to post your first thutty point buck taken with that arrow and one of your long bows. All those guys with the $500 compound bows and composite arrows are going to diddle their britches.

arcangel
06-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Its sewing string instead of gut, but gut is kinda easy to use. Wet it it untill its soft, apply, then fire harden it dry or add pine pitch then fire dry it.