PDA

View Full Version : In other Israel news today...

bovver
06-18-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13819764

Seriously,wtf.

Warthogg
06-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Jerusalem rabbis 'condemn dog to death by stoning'
In traditional Judaism, dogs are considered to be impure animals

A Jewish rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a stray dog it feared was the reincarnation of a lawyer who insulted its judges, reports say.

The dog entered the Jerusalem financial court several weeks ago and would not leave, reports Israeli website Ynet.

It reminded a judge of a curse passed on a now deceased secular lawyer about 20 years ago, when judges bid his spirit to enter the body of a dog.

The animal is said to have escaped before the sentence was carried out.:running-dog::running-dog::running-dog::running-dog:

One of the judges at the court in the city's ultra-Orthodox Mea Shearim neighbourhood had reportedly asked local children to carry out the sentence.

An animal welfare organisation filed a complaint with the police against a court official, who denied reports that judges had ordered the dog's stoning, according to Ynet.

But a court manager told Israeli daily Yediot Aharonot the stoning had been ordered as "as an appropriate way to 'get back at' the spirit which entered the poor dog", according to Ynet. :running-dog::running-dog:

Dogs are considered impure animals in traditional Judaism.

Where is kudnos ?? :hi:

As I continually post, religious fundamentalists are nut jobs. Christian, Jewish, Muslim......does not matter. NUT JOBS.

Wart

Kadmos
06-18-2011, 05:12 PM
As I continually post, religious fundamentalists are nut jobs. Christian, Jewish, Muslim......does not matter. NUT JOBS.

Yep.

But in their defense the charge was "reincarnation of a lawyer"....it's one thing for a carpenter to come back, but lawyers need to stay dead! ;)

This is really bizarre to me, I've never really heard of a Jew who actually believed in most people call "reincarnation".

We do have a thing called Gilgul which is sort of similar, a kind of continuation of a soul, but even that isn't really a mainstream idea

That was explained to me like if you light one candle with the flame of another, the flame is both the same flame and a new flame at the same time.

This whole thing kind of reminds me of those court cases in medieval Europe where they would catch a rat or a locust and put it on trial for the acts of all local pests and then banish them all from the town.

But not quite so funny as there appears to be a dog with a death warrant...and I rather like dogs.