PDA

View Full Version : 17 years. My how time flys.

El Duce
06-18-2011, 03:17 PM
17 years married today. Not always the best. But we have always been in love. My wonderful, beautiful wife has given me two fantastic children. We couldn't be happier. The kids spent the last week at church camp. So we picked them up today. Bought a bottle of her favorite bubbly. Gonna crack it when she gets back from a friends farm. they went to pick lettuce and vegtables.

I thank the Lord every day for what I have. I have been blessed in more ways than I can count.

sevlex
06-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Congratulations.

I hope she gets to read your post.
:ola:

Schuetzenman
06-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Happy anniversary Paul!

FunkyPertwee
06-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Happy Anniversary.

I really hope I get to tell the same story one day.

slamfire51
06-18-2011, 03:45 PM
You are a lucky man.
Congrats on 17 years with the ones you love.
Have a great evening and don't over do. ;)

bovver
06-18-2011, 04:09 PM
17 years married today. Not always the best. But we have always been in love. My wonderful, beautiful wife has given me two fantastic children. We couldn't be happier. The kids spent the last week at church camp. So we picked them up today. Bought a bottle of her favorite bubbly. Gonna crack it when she gets back from a friends farm. they went to pick lettuce and vegtables.

I thank the Lord every day for what I have. I have been blessed in more ways than I can count.

Congrats dude!
Its something to see someone like you and your wife stick it out in a day where its too easy to give up and cash out after a year or two.

Krupski
06-18-2011, 04:20 PM

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I'm married 26 years and have a wonderful wife and 3 kids (oldest in college). How my wife puts up with my shit I cannot understand. She's an angel.

btcave
06-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Congratulations!

Richard Simmons
06-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Happy anniversary to you both!

El Duce
06-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

How my wife puts up with my shit I cannot understand. She's an angel.

I feel the same way.

El Duce
06-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Congrats dude!
Its something to see someone like you and your wife stick it out in a day where its too easy to give up and cash out after a year or two.

When we got married, we didn't go on a honeymoon right away. We waited. (Work got in the way). When we did take a vacation two years later. Honestly. We didn't even really like each other. Both of our fault. We have had more ups than downs over the years. Even at the lowest point. I could not imagine not having this woman in my life. Just looking at her makes me smile.

bovver
06-18-2011, 04:56 PM
When we got married, we didn't go on a honeymoon right away. We waited. (Work got in the way). When we did take a vacation two years later. Honestly. We didn't even really like each other. Both of our fault. We have had more ups than downs over the years. Even at the lowest point. I could not imagine not having this woman in my life. Just looking at her makes me smile.

I understand,my wife and I have been together since 1990.
She is the only one in the world I could count on and puts up with my psycho-crap,you guys can put me on ignore here,she gets me in person where there is no ignore button.hehe

But this is your thread,very cool to see she still makes you smile.

wdmason99
06-18-2011, 04:58 PM
My Wife and I were married in October 1954. That's nearly 57 years this year! One son in Kaliforny and one in Kuwait. The only advice I could seriously give anyone is to be sure to maintain a sense of humor. Laugh a lot!!

Warthogg
06-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary !!

Wart

5.56NATO
06-18-2011, 07:15 PM
What a wonderfull thing it is to not take anything for granted.

vit
06-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Congratulations!
Our families are what make us better men.

whiskeyman
06-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Happy Anniversary!

coppertales
06-18-2011, 08:04 PM
I hope you have many more. We are working on year number 38.....chris3

ltorlo64
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM

Never forget this and you will have many more celebrations! Congratulations!

Partisan1983
06-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Congrats man !

I really hope to last that long.